Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets Many Surprises To Come

1959Colts

i've got to think there has to be a surprise candidate or two for the HC role. Irsay will pay top money, he did with Dungy and he pays his players. This hc position has to be attractive to all candidates b/c of the ability to work with a top shelf QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new HC is someone who isn't being spoken about right now amongst the candidates being thrown around. This has been a strange offseason for teams seeking coaches b/c many of the names being thrown around aren't top tier 'hot' candidates that usually are out there every offseason. Guys like Jerry Gray, Carmichael, etc don't really get me too excited. Carmichael has only been calling plays for a few month! LOL!

Zimmer is probably the best of the bunch; however, perhaps Irsay has someone off the radar is is going to pony up huge dollars?

i've got to think there has to be a surprise candidate or two for the HC role. Irsay will pay top money, he did with Dungy and he pays his players. This hc position has to be attractive to all candidates b/c of the ability to work with a top shelf QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new HC is someone who isn't being spoken about right now amongst the candidates being thrown around. This has been a strange offseason for teams seeking coaches b/c many of the names being thrown around aren't top tier 'hot' candidates that usually are out there every offseason. Guys like Jerry Gray, Carmichael, etc don't really get me too excited. Carmichael has only been calling plays for a few month! LOL!

Zimmer is probably the best of the bunch; however, perhaps Irsay has someone off the radar is is going to pony up huge dollars?

Nail on the head.

When Jim says many surprises ahead, I take him at his word. It will surprise me if the Colts team does not get a complete overhaul. I doubt Jim Irsay will pay 28 million to Peyton and hope PM can play. I look for Luck to be our QB going forward. IMO, we have seen the last of the Cover 2 defensive scheme. I sure hope so. I believe our next HC will be an adherent of a more physical offensive and defensive scheme.

If so, there will be a "lot of surprises". Next season will be a season of an entire overhaul. It may not be pretty.

I dont like it '59...

.....I dont want one of those surprises to be the release of a certain country boy QB

Vincennes isn't really a cowboy place. It's just small.

By the way, if you ever do go there, make sure you stop at one the Bobes pizza places. That pizza is fantastic!

Vincennes isn't really a cowboy place. It's just small.

By the way, if you ever do go there, make sure you stop at one the Bobes pizza places. That pizza is fantastic!

Hey now, I saw Manning in jeans and bull hide cowboy boots once.. he be a country boy if he is wearing those. :)

Irsay will announce on Friday that everything that has been reported in the media has been an elaborate joke. Bill & Crhis Polian are still in charge, Caldwell and all of the coaches were just given extended days off and will soon be back at the complex and Manning never had neck surgery, he just asked for a one season sabbatical so he could study yoga with an Indian mystic.

Well put. It's like the typical "smoke screen" tactics with top prospects. It would not surprise me in the least bit if Irsay had an ace up his sleeve; afterall, there are multiple teams in need of a HC, so why jeopardize our own search broadcasting who we are interested in?

This comment by Irsay has me a bit worried, "Let's go Indy,chop wood n carry water..this is r time to shine!" Now he could be talking about the folks of Indy getting ready to host the SB. But we all know there is a former HC, who is available who is known for chopping the wood.

CD..

You may have hit it.

he could just be talking about the Super Bowl build up...

..and here we are jumping to conclusions..

This comment by Irsay has me a bit worried, "Let's go Indy,chop wood n carry water..this is r time to shine!" Now he could be talking about the folks of Indy getting ready to host the SB. But we all know there is a former HC, who is available who is known for chopping the wood.

I'm drawing a blank, who you referring to?

Jim Irsay sounds really excited if he thinks the fans will be pumped for this hiring as well, so our next head coach will probably be...

a.) Peyton Manning

b.) Bill Belichick

c.) Blue, the mascot

d.) One of our cheerleaders (it's all about personality, right!?!)

e.) Mike Ditka

Jim Irsay sounds really excited if he thinks the fans will be pumped for this hiring as well, so our next head coach will probably be...

a.) Peyton Manning

b.) Bill Belichick

c.) Blue, the mascot

d.) One of our cheerleaders (it's all about personality, right!?!)

e.) Mike Ditka

Blue would make the best Coach ever. He has my vote. lmao