Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets Many Surprises To Come

1959Colts

Dungy.

Sounds crazy, and he said, or actually was reported to have said, he wasnt coaching.

In the interview when they asked him about his thoughts on Indy head coaches, he had no candidates for sure, but did say he had been approached about coaching again, and did not say he wasnt going to and didnt say who approached him.

Makes no sense though from the standpoint that everyone including Caldwell was fired...and Caldwell was a Dungy guy.

And no, Im not REAL serious about it, but it makes more sense than some of the other suggestions...

As for the rest, I give up. Im waiting to hear who he picked.

I hope he does it quick, because we have to do this all over again for DC and OC, even though it would seem that if Christensen was done, they would already have axed him. Cant say the new HC wont when he gets here though...

I dont like it '59...

.....I dont want one of those surprises to be the release of a certain country boy QB

I would think Irsay would be smart enuff to know that isn't a good surprise to 99% of us.

If it was the end of Manning, I don't see Irsay "pumping" that up.

Let's face it, he wouldn't think that was a good thing either.

Remember MONTHS ago when he was saying something "exciting" would happen around this time?

I too think it revolves around the Super bowl.

Jim Irsay sounds really excited if he thinks the fans will be pumped for this hiring as well, so our next head coach will probably be...

a.) Peyton Manning

b.) Bill Belichick

c.) Blue, the mascot

d.) One of our cheerleaders (it's all about personality, right!?!)

e.) Mike Ditka

or f.) All of the above

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay8h

• Many surprises to come over the next 2 weeks..let the games before the games begin!

Very interesting!

That Peyton is Healthy to continue his football career & that the Colts will be paying him that 28 million dollar bonus. I'm sure some of you will say I know nothing but just remember who told you first. I ain't Rob Lowe but hey! :thmup:

That Peyton is Healthy to continue his football career & that the Colts will be paying him that 28 million dollar bonus. I'm sure some of you will say I know nothing but just remember who told you first. I ain't Rob Lowe but hey! :thmup:

I would think there would be NO reason to make any decision on manning let alone announcement until early march when the decision has to be made. Manning's health could and should change till then.

Unless he's been fine for a while and they've been playin us.

I did see peyton "peddlin pizzas" on Sunday.

This comment by Irsay has me a bit worried, "Let's go Indy,chop wood n carry water..this is r time to shine!" Now he could be talking about the folks of Indy getting ready to host the SB. But we all know there is a former HC, who is available who is known for chopping the wood.

Chopping the wood was Del Rio's slogan

I've never heard this associated with Del Rio, but Greg Shiano of Rutgers uses it all the time, and with several of his players on the team it seems to have migrated a bit (ie: Foster's comments after being injured). It's entirely possible that Irsay was just using an expression that is now common within the team. It's also possible that 98% of the coaches in the league use the same expression, and it means nothing.

I'd be willing to bet that both tweets in question were referring to the super bowl, and that the "surprises" and "games before the games" he is talking about may be just Twitter contests and the like. He is in a sense "hosting" the event, and made that 2 week post exactly 2 weeks before it. He wants it to be a rousing success for the city, and is trying to generate pride and enthusiasm. The fact that we are all far more concerned with the Colts (particularly the many many people here who don't even live in Indy) may be lost on him. They've been working to get the SB here for a long time, and the party is about to start.

And by the way, not only don't I care about the SB being in Indy, but in a couple of years it's going to be played within about 40 miles of my house, and I don't care about that one either. The game itself is wonderful, but the Mardi Gras like circus that surrounds it may well be a ridiculous inconvenience. I was perfectly happy when they restricted it to warm weather sites.

Jim Irsay sounds really excited if he thinks the fans will be pumped for this hiring as well, so our next head coach will probably be...

a.) Peyton Manning

b.) Bill Belichick

c.) Blue, the mascot

d.) One of our cheerleaders (it's all about personality, right!?!)

e.) Mike Ditka

Or,

f.) Joani Harbaugh Crean . . . I'm surprised no one has mentioned her. Two brothers who are successful NFL coaches and a husband who is turning around IU men's basketball.

Seriously though, he is probably referring to the SB. But with Jim's tweets, I learned a long time ago not to try to decipher the cryptic ones.

I've never heard this associated with Del Rio, but Greg Shiano of Rutgers uses it all the time, and with several of his players on the team it seems to have migrated a bit (ie: Foster's comments after being injured). It's entirely possible that Irsay was just using an expression that is now common within the team. It's also possible that 98% of the coaches in the league use the same expression, and it means nothing.

Explanation

Of course i'ts possible, it's even likely but as a Colts fan you can't pass on a chance to bring this story into the conversation.

I'd be willing to bet that both tweets in question were referring to the super bowl, and that the "surprises" and "games before the games" he is talking about may be just Twitter contests and the like. He is in a sense "hosting" the event, and made that 2 week post exactly 2 weeks before it. He wants it to be a rousing success for the city, and is trying to generate pride and enthusiasm. The fact that we are all far more concerned with the Colts (particularly the many many people here who don't even live in Indy) may be lost on him. They've been working to get the SB here for a long time, and the party is about to start.

Partly, but Irsay did tweet that a HC would be announced mid to late week this week, so I think we will know the Colts HC and DC by Friday.

Explanation

Of course i'ts possible, it's even likely but as a Colts fan you can't pass on a chance to bring this story into the conversation.

Partly, but Irsay did tweet that a HC would be announced mid to late week this week, so I think we will know the Colts HC and DC by Friday.

Thanks for the link. That sounds vaguely familiar. I understand/stood your purpose, and didn't think that you meant it "that" seriously. I just wanted to introduce the RU angle since it is far more realistic, and probably completely foreign to most Colts fans. Check this out.

http://www.usatoday....rs-mantra_x.htm

Updated 11/10/2006 7:23 PM ET |

Rutgers' mantra makes the difference

By Kelly Whiteside, USA TODAY

PISCATAWAY, N.J. — There was a moment Thursday night during No. 14 Rutgers' 28-25 upset of No. 4 Louisville when coach Greg Schiano knew his Scarlet Knights would pull off the comeback win.

It wasn't the 67-yard pass from quarterback Mike Teel to Kenny Britt in the third quarter, which led to a Ray Rice touchdown and brought Rutgers within three points.

It wasn't Rice and Brian Leonard leading the Scarlet Knights on their final drive from their own 9.

It wasn't even Jeremy Ito's 28-yard game winning field goal with 13 seconds left.

It was something that happened on the sideline. Defensive tackle Eric Foster started doing the Scarlet Knights' symbol for chopping wood. His arms were outstretched, and he clapped his hands slowly.

"The moment I saw Eric Foster walking down sideline," Schiano said, doing the chopping motion himself, "I thought, 'You know what? These son of a guns just might do this.' "

Schiano's slogan is "Keep chopping," a mantra he has hypnotized his team with since he arrived in December 2000. It means stay focused on the task at hand.

At halftime and trailing 25-14, Schiano told his team, "You guys are chopping away. It will turn if you let it."

In the second half, Rutgers held Louisville scoreless. The Cardinals entered the game with the No. 2 ranked-offense in the country but were held to two touchdowns below their scoring average.