Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heenan Cut

gnet550

Ben Heenan has been cut to sign two WRs. Josh Boyce and Brian Tyms...both most recently with the Patriots.

niether wide out has had much of a career to say the least. I am a little disappointed that Heenan was cut. I had hopes he'd atleast be a rotational lineman for us.

I wouldn't want either of those guys as our 4th receiver. We need either a solid reliable veteran or a highly touted draft pick who falls like Demarcus Robinson. My guess is these guys will be cut and neither will make the final 53. I hope we give Brandon Gibson a shot.

43 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

The receivers we got have showed some flashes. At least one if not both could actually make the roster. Wish the best of luck to Heenan.

What flashes is that? Picking up Brady's laundry haha

I want Quan Bray to at least make the roster as our return man, he showed flashes returning kicks and punts i have not seen from a Colt in a long time. I think he gets the 4th WR spot but he will have to beat out these two. Not sure if we carry 5. Good luck Heenan

5 hours ago, MTC said:
5 hours ago, MTC said:

I actually like Brian Tyms.

I did some wierd double quote of the same post, but wanted to say that (if im not thinking of another guy) I think I remember Tyms being really fast, but unable to show much because of bad luck with injuries... Maybe they are espionage signings so we can gain some intel on the Pats, idk, but I like this low level stuff better for rounding out the position than paying for a mid level FA or using a draft pick .

5 hours ago, akcolt said:

What is our plan for the OL? 

Plan? From what I can tell by reading thru the lines and the articles that I'm seeing about who that colts have been showing interest in at pro days the plan for the offensive line appears to be that they hope that the players we currently have in the mix develop into better players and they brought in someone teach Andrew Luck how to slide like a baseball player :lol:

Cutting Heenan has no bearing on anything the Colts have planned for the draft or free agency.  I never knew what all the fuss was about with Heenan, when you watched is CFL videos you saw a lineman with poor footwork, who lunged a lot and got away with holding more often than he got a good block.

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Cutting Heenan has no bearing on anything the Colts have planned for the draft or free agency.  I never knew what all the fuss was about with Heenan, when you watched is CFL videos you saw a lineman with poor footwork, who lunged a lot and got away with holding more often than he got a good block.

At least he provided some depth if healthy.  We're going to roll with Mewhort & Thornton (when healthy) with O'Brien and...??...as depth?  If Good doesn't start in front of Reitz we're really short on depth, unless I'm missing something (which wouldn't surprise me).

21 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

At least he provided some depth if healthy.  We're going to roll with Mewhort & Thornton (when healthy) with O'Brien and...??...as depth?  If Good doesn't start in front of Reitz we're really short on depth, unless I'm missing something (which wouldn't surprise me).

You are missing something. It's a little thing called the NFL draft. If a player decides to retire, there's nothing you can really do.

38 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You are missing something. It's a little thing called the NFL draft. If a player decides to retire, there's nothing you can really do.

I'm with you on that.  My response was to Coffeedrinker's quote "Cutting Heenan has no bearing on anything the Colts have planned for the draft or free agency.". My thought is that this could definitely impact what Grigs might do.

24 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm with you on that.  My response was to Coffeedrinker's quote "Cutting Heenan has no bearing on anything the Colts have planned for the draft or free agency.". My thought is that this could definitely impact what Grigs might do.

I don't think so because I don't think Heenan was ever considered anything more than a project.  He was not going to be counted on as depth.

22 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't think so because I don't think Heenan was ever considered anything more than a project.  He was not going to be counted on as depth.

Got it.  Thanks.

I still think we're a little thin at guard if Reitz starts and given Thornton's past, but we have gotten this far.  Maybe this swings Grigs to pick Decker to play at G/T instead of T/G?  I still would rather have Kelly if he goes OL with the first pick.

...but I know nothing, lol.

On 4/8/2016 at 0:41 PM, MB-ColtsFan said:

You are talking about a guy with a very low chance of making the 53 man roster.
 We will likely run 3-4 more like him thru our camp before our 1st pre-season game.
 This is a little blip.

On 4/8/2016 at 10:21 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

Ya, this is no big news at all. Plus the guy retired so nothing can be done about that. I'll try to contain my comments about ignoring the OL in the upcoming draft until it actually happens.