Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Jordan Todman

MTC

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Must you always?

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Superbowl or bust!

sooner or later ther odds say superbowl t, but they say more busts   along the way if thats all u take from the game

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Terrible pass blocking line making RW run for his life but a much better run blocking line, especially when Max Unger was there. Yes, the RB has to have ability but if you cannot even get a stalemate at the line, you are asking the RB to do too much.

Guys like Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders, they are a different mold, let's cross them off this conversation. But the guys who ran behind Mike Shanahan's ZBS OL in the early to mid 2000s, when they were churning out 1000 yard rushers, the OL was a big part of it, make no mistake about it.

No denial it works both ways . Still would not call Seattles line even average at run blocking they get pancaked big part of the reason the lost that SB vs Pats if they knew there line would win the battle running would have been a easy call .

8 minutes ago, bayone said:

sooner or later ther odds say superbowl t, but they say more busts   along the way if thats all u take from the game

It's the only reason to watch the game, to see who wins the league. How boring would it be if there was no champion?

22 minutes ago, B~Town said:

No denial it works both ways . Still would not call Seattles line even average at run blocking they get pancaked big part of the reason the lost that SB vs Pats if they knew there line would win the battle running would have been a easy call .

They had just gained almost all of those 5 yards on 1st and goal if not for a last minute tackle vs Lynch at the goal line. Half a yard to go, the Patriots came in with their jumbo set and forced the Seahawks hand, and Belichick lined Browner and Revis 1-on-1 on their men in a 3 WR formation, so like most QBs do, you pick on the weakest link which RW thought was Butler. It had nothing to do with their confidence in the OL, nothing whatsoever. Their OL was not a world beater to run against jumbo sets, but it was no slouch if it had to run against 4 DL like most cases where they did very efficiently.

If you don't believe me, check the stats: 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2014

and these stats:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2014&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Their OL was a very good run blocking O-line en route to the SB. The play call with no options for RW or not calling a fade pass play was indeed the issue there on that 2nd down and goal call. Instead, they call a hard slant in traffic.

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Terrible pass blocking line making RW run for his life but a much better run blocking line, especially when Max Unger was there. Yes, the RB has to have ability but if you cannot even get a stalemate at the line, you are asking the RB to do too much.

Guys like Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders, they are a different mold, let's cross them off this conversation. But the guys who ran behind Mike Shanahan's ZBS OL in the early to mid 2000s, when they were churning out 1000 yard rushers, the OL was a big part of it, make no mistake about it.

Yep. The switch to ZBS that Chudzinski/Philbin have eluded to along with undoubted  OL draft prospects, coupled with defensive ones, should improve this team almost immediately from a standpoint of expected production this year into next. I agree, the OL is extremely important for Luck as well as the RBs. 

I just do not expect the Colts to deviate from this strategy of acquiring OL & defense.

6 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Todman plays bigger than his measurables. Possesses good vision, explodes through the hole and flashes a second gear to break a long run. Shows a bit of a wiggle in the hole and makes the first guy miss. Lowers his shoulder well and generally falls forward. Very productive in college.

Go Jordan!!

A bit of wiggle in the hole is a good thing.....

The guy averaged 4.1 ypc for the Jags..and runs a 4.4 - 40. Good pick up now have 4 RB's on the roster now.  All of which have real potential.

Holes we have still as I see them =

1: Olb

2: C

3: CB

4: RG

5: S

Doubt they all get filled by the draft,...but a good 3 of them could.  Still need a couple more signings.  Still plenty of time...Even just to get a couple stop-gaps to hold until next years draft.

19 hours ago, SilentHill said:

It's the only reason to watch the game, to see who wins the league.

How boring would it be if there was no champion?

The above was a response to my

comment 

In regards to your  to Superbowl or bust comment u respond to with the above to my  comment of --   sooner or later the odds say Superbowl , but they say more busts   along the way if that's all u take from the game

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Must you always?

well if u think the  the only reason to watch the game is to see who wins the league.

No its not, if u love the game u love the nuances of each position and techniques needed to succeed, then u can truly appreciate why plays work or not, and why certain players fit certain systems, recognize a truly great play or effort even if it doesnt work etc etc etc, learn why certain coaches do certain things & appreciate various styles  & more importantly understand why some games that are defensive battles oor offensive shootouts are great while other are just horrendous games

Of course if u just want to know who wins ,well for that  u dont have to watch to get that info

On 3/18/2016 at 2:48 PM, crazycolt1 said:

He also has 1,784 return yards with an average of 25.9. Now that could be interesting.

I actually like Quan Bray as our returner a lot.  Competition is good, but I think he was one of our best pick-ups last year.  

Darren Sproles 2.0?

Colts fans know all too well the type of damage Darren Sproles---a speedy option out of the backfield---can do to a team. Irsay said on Tuesday that the staff is evaluating bringing such a component to the Colts. A quick-twitch running back would be an added element the Colts have really never had during this regime. Ryan Grigson followed up on Tuesday that drafting a running back is a definite option with the depth in that class this year.
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Jim-Irsay-Discusses-Andrew-Lucks-Contract-Timeline-Much-More-At-NFL-Meetings/004169a3-396a-4771-bd31-e8b6b469e973

And Irsay mentioned a Darren Sproles-type of back. Colts fans would love such a skill set out of the backfield https://t.co/dY03AM4EWb

I see Grigson has an audio on the Colts website where he says we are not finished adding to the running back position.  Get me Jonathan Williams sir!