Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?

Tsarquise

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

Well, I hope the Panthers embarrass the Broncos, just like the Seahawks did. Then his only Super Bowl win will be during his time with the Colts! Then i hope he retires, and the Broncos will go back to irrelevancy.... Oh yeah!

Besides, the Panthers have NEVER won a Super Bowl and they have played great this season. They deserve it!

Go Panthers!

I hope Peyton throws for 4 TD's, Go Broncos!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ColtRider said:

No problem, T! You want the Panthers to take SB 50? That's cool. However, dissing Peyton for the sake of it, doesn't make sense to most ColtsFans. I get the mindset of Carolina losing but one game/never winning a SB and stating they "deserve it". Only if they take down the Broncos & Manning will they "deserve it". 

Tall order IMO gonna be the best D Cam has seen all year . Experience goes to Peyton on that side. Going with Denver in a fun and close game.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Tall order IMO gonna be the best D Cam has seen all year . Experience goes to Peyton on that side. Going with Denver in a fun and close game.

Totally agree, JK! If Denver's D can carbon-copy the "madness" they showed against N.E.? Carolina will have to play mistake-free football in order to win. I, like you, would like to see a close game with the Broncos winning. 

Peyton Manning throwing the winning TD on the last play of the game. :) 

We have a grandbaby due to be born on or around the 11th of February. 

I am really hoping Lindsey doesn't go into labor on Super Bowl Sunday.

But it would be sort of apropos for Gramz to have a new grandbaby delivered around the same time as the :lombardi: is being presented to Peyton,  right? :)

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

Osweiler out played Manning in several games, and put up much prettier stats than Manning's ugly numbers. If I was a Broncos fan, there is no way in hell I would want an old washed up former great starting in the SB, when they were a turnover machine when he started. 

I find it absolutely hilarious how this forum often highlights other quarterbacks when they're struggling, but when Manning gets out there and plays awful, it's everyone else's fault. Andrew Luck was vehemently bashed most of the season and called "overrated" when he had bad games, but when Manning throws 3 or 4 INT's, it's not his fault. 

More nonsense.

49 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

1) You using one comment from one Broncos fan and extending that to mean what all or most Denver fans think is mind-numbing.

2) Saying the Broncos don't deserve it should they win is pure bovine excrement.  In a string of dumb things said, that is high on the list.

1. I'm sure there are more Broncos fans that feel that way... But, since it was the first Broncos fan I really interacted with, it confirms my thoughts that the narrative might be thrown out there, if they win. I never said that this fan speaks for everyone.

2. I didn't articulate myself well enough; I meant that they don't deserve to be there for Peyton's swan song. They have not been there for all of the highs and lows of Peyton's career. As a colts fan, I have grown up watching Manning, and this whole ending his career as a Bronco is really surreal... You might not understand. Aren't you a Redskins fan?

So of course, if they win, they deserve to win..... 

And I'm sorry you feel that i have said a string of dumb things... but you seem not to understand that this is more of an emotional subject matter involving Colts fan.  I guess I'm just not a very bright guy who is full of excrement...

5 hours ago, General_Hux said:

I come down mostly on the side of the OP, but its something I struggle with.  If he wins this Super Bowl, his legacy will be as a Bronco.  A narrative has been and will be crafted about the team that callously cast aside an all time great player who went on to multiple Super Bowls with his new team in a very short period of time, and Colts fans are not going to enjoy being on the negative end of that story. 

He's gone forever.  People's reluctance to let go of him gives me concern about the loyalties of this fan base. 

His legacy won't be as a bronco. He will be remembered mainly for what he did with Indy.

17 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

We are talking in terms of rooting interest... but yeah... duh...

You don't think there would be a rooting interest for the Broncos?  Manning winning a Super Bowl in likely his last game would be a story no one could get behind, right?   

45 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

No problem, T! You want the Panthers to take SB 50? That's cool. However, dissing Peyton for the sake of it, doesn't make sense to most ColtsFans. I get the mindset of Carolina losing but one game/never winning a SB and stating they "deserve it". Only if they take down the Broncos & Manning will they "deserve it". 

Yeah, although I did not quote anyone, that post was more in response to a couple of posters earlier in the thread when they were talking about what factors in to who they root for. Since the Panthers have never won a Superbowl, I said they deserve it. 

Yes, obviously, they only deserve it unless they win.

And Manning only deserves more than one Super Bowl ring if he leads his team to a win. 

2 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I want Peyton to win another ring before he's gone, couldn't care less about the rest of the team, especially since Colts are out. If he played for the Pats.......ugh.....again, just want him to get one more. 

Now THAT would tear the living guts out of me! (Peyton as a Patriot!) :) 

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

You don't think there would be a rooting interest for the Broncos?  Manning winning a Super Bowl in likely his last game would be a story no one could get behind, right?   

Dude, yes.... 

Most Colts fans are rooting for the Broncos... I am well aware...

6 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I want Peyton to win another ring before he's gone, couldn't care less about the rest of the team, especially since Colts are out. If he played for the Pats.......ugh.....again, just want him to get one more. 

Do you feel he needs another ring? He already has one... How many does he need? Just curious...

It is pretty comical, this thread. 

One wants to know why some want Peyton to win a ring. Then turns around, rinses and repeats, rinses and repeats, rinses and repeats in different ways why he does not want Peyton to win a ring. Then calls the desires of those who want the Broncos to win one for old Peyton annoying while we can all see which regurgitation is the truly annoying one.

It is like Bill O' Reilly on Fox News - he will bring over a person to share opinions with obviously making it seem like he cares for the opinion of that person but when that person gives their opinions, then he gets back to his "yeah, I hear ya, BUT this is what I think..." over and over and over again. It gets old. :scratch:

Sorry, I am done with this thread. /rant

13 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

His legacy won't be as a bronco. He will be remembered mainly for what he did with Indy.

He'll be remembered for both. What he's done with the Broncos has greatly added to his legacy. Coming back from a serious injury, reclaiming the TD record, setting the yardage record, going to two SBs in four years, etc. 

He's had a great run in Denver. Brief, but great. Everyone will remember it.

Edit: And what he's done in Denver in no way takes away from or diminishes what he did in Indy.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

He'll be remembered for both. What he's done with the Broncos has greatly added to his legacy. Coming back from a serious injury, reclaiming the TD record, setting the yardage record, going to two SBs in four years, etc. 

I agree but he will be remembered more as a Colt IMO. 3/4 of his career was with us so I have no doubt's about that.

8 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

1. I'm sure there are more Broncos fans that feel that way... But, since it was the first Broncos fan I really interacted with, it confirms my thoughts that the narrative might be thrown out there, if they win. I never said that this fan speaks for everyone.

2. I didn't articulate myself well enough; I meant that they don't deserve to be there for Peyton's swan song. They have not been there for all of the highs and lows of Peyton's career. As a colts fan, I have grown up watching Manning, and this whole ending his career as a Bronco is really surreal... You might not understand. Aren't you a Redskins fan?

So of course, if they win, they deserve to win..... 

And I'm sorry you feel that i have said a string of dumb things... but you seem not to understand that this is more of an emotional subject matter involving Colts fan.  I guess I'm just not a very bright guy who is full of excrement...

1) The Skinnz in my screen name has nothing to do with Washington.

2) There is nothing being discussed here that is beyond my level of comprehension.  

I have been a Colts season ticket holder since the late 90's.  I have been to both Indy Colts Super Bowls and was there largely because of what Manning did for the team.  Then 2011 happened and Manning is gone, quite correctly I might add.  I get that it is an emotional topic for many but what is lost on me is why any Colts' or Manning fan would not want Denver to win.  

In 4 short years, Denver fans have seen plenty of highs and lows with Manning. 

9 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Do you feel he needs another ring? He already has one... How many does he need? Just curious...

Yes Sir......only because of what he has been through the last few years.....I think it would be a fitting end to his career. If he doesn't get it, that's fine too, he has still accomplished so much and is an outstanding individual. I don't really care how anyone else will remember him, I know how I will.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree but he will be remembered more as a Colt IMO. 3/4 of his career was with us so I have no doubt's about that.

Yup. Just watch when Peyton's career highlights are shown on ESPN or some other network, 90% of the highlights shown are him with the Colts.

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

2) There is nothing being discussed here that is beyond my level of comprehension.  

I have been a Colts season ticket holder since the late 90's.  I have been to both Indy Colts Super Bowls and was there largely because of what Manning did for the team.  Then 2011 happened and Manning is gone, quite correctly I might add.  I get that it is an emotional topic for many but what is lost on me is why any Colts' or Manning fan would not want Denver to win.  

Sorry, I always thought you were a Redskins fan. I now see your avatar has a baby with colts gear on. My bad.

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is pretty comical, this thread. 

One wants to know why some want Peyton to win a ring. Then turns around, rinses and repeats, rinses and repeats, rinses and repeats in different ways why he does not want Peyton to win a ring. Then calls the desires of those who want the Broncos to win one for old Peyton annoying while we can all see which regurgitation is the truly annoying one.

It is like Bill O' Reilly on Fox News - he will bring over a person to share opinions with obviously making it seem like he cares for the opinion of that person but when that person gives their opinions, then he gets back to his "yeah, I hear ya, BUT this is what I think..." over and over and over again. It gets old. :scratch:

Sorry, I am done with this thread. /rant

What am I rinsing and repeating? I don't remember repeating my opinion over and over.... but okay...

When i was referring to the people who said win one for "Ol Peyton" I was talking about Broncos fans, not Colts fans... I was reading comments of Broncos fans on a youtube video which prompted me to mention that. It's weird hearing Broncos fans talk like that... He has already won a ring with us and he hasn't been there that long... It's odd seeing another fan base talk about Peyton as if he has been their underachieving QB his whole career. 

And i do care about other Colts fans opinions. I was interested in discussing this with fellow Colts fans, and that is why I started this thread. And I wanted to be and active participant rather than a passive observer, you know?

Too bad you don't like the thread...

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

A season ticket holder since the late 90's. I thought I was a truefan, man I bow to you! Great stuff.

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

Edit: And what he's done in Denver in no way takes away from or diminishes what he did in Indy.

100% agreed, MOS! In addition, and have wanted to insert in the thread ... Peyton Manning has been so crucial to the NFL as a whole during his career. He has probably been more responsible for promoting this league in the last 18 years than just about anyone. 

Not to mention his fabulous commercials he's been in over that tenure. They're absolutely fantastic. The one that reminds me of where he stands today on the cusp of SB50 is ....

"Epic comeback starts right here!" (Ping-Pong commercial with Nationwide!) :) 

3 hours ago, General_Hux said:

How many times does it have to be said...no one goes into the HOF as a member of any team.  That's not how the NFL HOF works.  His bust will just be of him, and his case will include both Colt and Bronco stuff. 

And how many HOF players have went into the HOF under a team of their choice. Just because a bust don't have a team logo on it does not mean the player will not have a certain team he wants to be enshrined under. It happens every year.

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

And how many HOF players have went into the HOF under a team of their choice. Just because a bust don't have a team logo on it does not mean the player will not have a certain team he wants to be enshrined under. It happens every year.

I am sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say here.  What happens every year?

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

No lose is always the best. My most relaxing SBs to watch are the ones where I don't have any skin in the game (no Colts and no Peyton or Brady). The Harbaugh Bowl (or Harbowl) was nice to just sit back and watch and eat tons of food lol

Yah agreed, its fun to watch games when one does not have a stake one way or the other with the teams in the SB, or any game.  Just sit back and enjoy. :) .  Just get the popcorn out. :popcorn:

11 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I think you're confused on the usage of the word "bust."  It's not a bust as in bad player, it's a bust as in, the sculpture of the head/face of the HOF inductees.

Don't they list the years they played for each team on the busts? 

3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Don't they list the years they played for each team on the busts? 

I thought they did.  But perhaps you can have certain teams removed.  I don't know if crazycolt1's claim that the player can choose a team to be enshrined under is true.  I never paid that close attention.  I suppose it's possible (i.e. player had a rough or short term outing with a team early in his career and played the rest with his 2nd team), but I never investigated.