Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?


Tsarquise

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I thought they did.  But perhaps you can have certain teams removed.  I don't know if crazycolt1's claim that the player can choose a team to be enshrined under is true.  I never paid that close attention.  I suppose it's possible (i.e. player had a rough or short term outing with a team early in his career and played the rest with his 2nd team), but I never investigated.

Lol if that is the case, Manning isn't going to erase his 14 seasons as a Colt on his bust. That's not only disrespect to the franchise, but disrespect to all of the great Colt players he played with. 

 

I looked at pictures of busts and it just listed the teams they played for and the dates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Lol if that is the case, Manning isn't going to erase his 14 seasons as a Colt on his bust. That's not only disrespect to the franchise, but disrespect to all of the great Colt players he played with. 

 

I looked at pictures of busts and it just listed the teams they played for and the dates.

? Please explain, how is that disrespect to the Colts organization? Disrespect would be his bust just showing him as a Bronco.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is okay to post in a thread like this without being yelled at, deleted or told they are full of nonsense?

 

I need the Peyton forum etiquette rules for NFL General explained to me better.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jules said:

So what is okay to post in a thread like this without being yelled at, deleted or told they are full of nonsense?

 

I need the Peyton forum etiquette rules for NFL General explained to me better.

 

 

To my knowledge I haven't seen one thing deleted. If you want to call him a choker and root for Carolina go right ahead LOL, some others do. Everyone has their preferences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Dude, really? 

I think you're a little out of touch with things here since you're a Saints fan... For the most part, people here are a lot more apologetic for Luck than Manning these days... Because, you know, he is not the QB for our team anymore....

 

Not always, after we lost in Carolina in OT many here went ballistic on Luck and a positive Luck thread I had started was merged with a negative one. Luck had his fair share of bashing done here for weeks until people realized he truly was hurting himself.

 

Also, I can't even look at the Broncos and say "Yeah I want you all to win it all". They nailed Luck for the year, Marvin Harrison got hurt against them in 2007 and Reggie Wayne in 2013.

 

Broncos give me the creeps at times.........

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To my knowledge I haven't seen one thing deleted. If you want to call him a choker and root for Carolina go right ahead LOL, some others do. Everyone has their preferences.

 

I am not calling him a choker lol. Don't worry about it. I am not someone that in case the Broncos win it all yet again you have to look for everyone who you think doubted him online or in the mass media who is supposed to bend over backwards screaming "I was wrong......." at the sky looking into the heavens.

 

I think the problem at times is that some care too much about Peyton's perception to others. You all should be more confident in it all and his legacy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Lol if that is the case, Manning isn't going to erase his 14 seasons as a Colt on his bust. That's not only disrespect to the franchise, but disrespect to all of the great Colt players he played with. 

 

I looked at pictures of busts and it just listed the teams they played for and the dates.

 

Nothing is wrong with his 14 seasons with the Colts. We had a great run. 

 

I think too many yet again just care too much about what the perception is of others who they think will judge Manning or the Colts or the Broncos or this or that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jules said:

So what is okay to post in a thread like this without being yelled at, deleted or told they are full of nonsense?

 

I need the Peyton forum etiquette rules for NFL General explained to me better.

 

 

I havn't seen anything deleted, but then again I could have missed something.. :dunno:

 

The title of the thread is  "Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?"

 

Maybe someone entered the thread with the sole purpose of bashing him, instead of stating Why he/she wanted to see him get a ring like the question asked.  

 

Once again :dunno:   I don't know, just a thought as to why what you're suggesting might have happened,  might have happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jules said:

So what is okay to post in a thread like this without being yelled at, deleted or told they are full of nonsense?

 

I need the Peyton forum etiquette rules for NFL General explained to me better.

 

 

Or you could avoid the thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Lol if that is the case, Manning isn't going to erase his 14 seasons as a Colt on his bust. That's not only disrespect to the franchise, but disrespect to all of the great Colt players he played with. 

 

I looked at pictures of busts and it just listed the teams they played for and the dates.

 

Hmmm you are kinda losing me here a bit. I would rather see Carolina win but it has little to do with the whole Broncos vs. Colts perception thing. Personally I don't even care much who is retired where at times or where they won more big games.

 

I also think the AFC is considerably weaker now then in the Manning prime days in Indy. A lot of the top teams are running on fumes now compared to then. Just my opinion on it all.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

Hmmm you are kinda losing me here a bit. I would rather see Carolina win but it has little to do with the whole Broncos vs. Colts perception thing. Personally I don't even care much who is retired where at times or where they won more big games.

 

I also think the AFC is considerably weaker now then in the Manning prime days in Indy. A lot of the top teams are running on fumes now compared to then. Just my perception on it all.........

He lost me too with that Post. That made no sense actually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He lost me too with that Post. That made no sense actually.

 

I think he wants Peyton to lose but he has to make up a reason why.

 

Honestly if you want Carolina to win.......just say you would rather see them win. Nobody is going to go to jail over choosing to root for a team over the other even if it goes against popular forum belief.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

? Please explain, how is that disrespect to the Colts organization? Disrespect would be his bust just showing him as a Bronco.

That's what I was saying... 

 

I said he was not going to erase his time as a Colt (placing only Bronco on his bust).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

That's what I was saying... 

 

I said he was not going to erase his time as a Colt (placing only Bronco on his bust).

 

Oh man.........

 

You really honestly feel this way? 

 

I give up at times with how people think and act lately. I truly do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you guys confused with that post?

 

I was essentially saying that it will definitely have both Broncos and Colts on the bust...

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

Oh man.........

 

You really honestly feel this way? 

 

I give up at times with how people think and act lately. I truly do.

What are you talking about? 

 

It was in response to posters arguing if he'll go in to Canton as a Colt, Bronco, or both...

 

The general consensus is that all of the teams you play for are listed on your bust, yet someone said that the player has a choice to omit a team if they desired...

 

I said even if that were true, I said Peyton would NOT do that. He would NOT omit his time with the Colts being placed on the bust.....

 

BOTH would be listed.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

Why are you guys confused with that post?

 

I was essentially saying that it will definitely have both Broncos and Colts on the bust...

What are you talking about? 

 

It was in response to posters arguing if he'll go in to Canton as a Colt, Bronco, or both...

 

The general consensus is that all of the teams you play for are listed on your bust, yet someone said that the player has a choice to omit a team if they desired...

 

I said even if that were true, I said Peyton would NOT do that. He would NOT omit his time with the Colts being placed on the bust.....

 

BOTH would be listed.....

How is that disrespectful to the Colts organization. His bust will show that nearly 80% of his career was with the Colts. Disrespectful would be him not listing his years played for the Colts and only the Broncos. The confusing thing is how is that disrespectful to the Colts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It isn't just about Peyton though. The Broncos team wants the Lombardi as a whole. That defense this year is the MVP IMO.

 

Part of me kinda hates how it all becomes about the QB with this game in recent years. I am guilty too though. We overly fetish and nitpick and go off on every single thing about a QB to the point it makes all these divisions happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How is that disrespectful to the Colts organization. His bust will show that nearly 80% of his career was with the Colts. Disrespectful would be him not listing his years played for the Colts and only the Broncos. The confusing thing is how is that disrespectful to the Colts?

That is what I was trying to say.... If he ONLY listed the Broncos....

 

And I said he wouldn't do that.... Even if players had the choice to select what team will be on the bust....

 

Why don't you understand????

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tsarquise said:

That is what I was trying to say.... If he ONLY listed the Broncos....

 

Why don't you understand????

 

 

 

But, you already said you don't think that Peyton would only list the Broncos. So whats the issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jules said:

 

So thats why I said earlier I am confused as hell to what is going on and what people are supposed to even be saying lol.

It's right in the thread title.    One of the usual suspects derailed the thread awhile ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's right in the thread title.    One of the usual suspects derailed the thread awhile ago

 

How do you derail an already stupid thread? Everyone here already knows who is rooting for whom and why.

 

All it looks like to me is someone wants to find a reason to root against Peyton instead of saying out loud "Yes I am rooting for the Panthers screw the Broncos."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

How do you derail an already stupid thread? Everyone here already knows who is rooting for whom and why.

 

All it looks like to me is someone wants to find a reason to root against Peyton instead of saying out loud "Yes I am rooting for the Panthers screw the Broncos."

 

 

Did you read this thread?? Or my initial post?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

 He suffered what could have been a career ending injury, and probably would have been for most players,   but sheer determination, willpower, hard work and  love for the game... got him back to where he is.   I admire that,  I admire him,  and I want him to go out on top.

 

He deserves it.

 

And as Superman so simply stated.....    I just like him.

I cant add anything to this

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Broncos fans don't even appreciate Manning and didn't have to sit through all of his growing pains. I remember seeing people wanting Osweiler start for the season on their message board. 

 

I don't know why this is a big deal either. Brock played rather well in some games this year and seems like a good young guy. Not sure what the future holds for him.......but with the #1 defense I do think they could win with him OR Manning.

 

So whats the big deal if some people preferred Brock all along? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if we're being honest I want him to win so he can retire and no longer be a threat in the Afc lol..thus leaving us with Brady to retire eventually leaving the afc to Luck and the Colts and hopefully not those pesky Steelers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have always liked the Broncos as my number 2 team behind the Colts, even with the Elway thing, not a big deal to me, so he didnt want to play for the Colts big deal.

I want Peyton to get another ring, because after 14 years he deserves it, after all the heartbreaking playoff losses, and the 2 SB losses. I do agree it wont make his legacy any worse but another championship does solidify it, plus on top of that Bradys 4 rings to Mannings 2 isnt as bad as 4-1. We know these 2 legacys are going to be compared thoroughly for many many years to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

And i do care about other Colts fans opinions. I was interested in discussing this with fellow Colts fans, and that is why I started this thread. And I wanted to be and active participant rather than a passive observer, you know?

 

Too bad you don't like the thread...

 

It turned out to be a very interesting thread with many different opinions and minimal personal attacks.  I have enjoyed it. Thanks.

 

I am not a Colts fan; so this thread was not meant for me to reply. But... I am rooting for Peyton so that he goes out on top. He has been a great ambassador for the game. I would like him remembered for winning. I have always thought of him as a Colt.  Winning this Super Bowl won't change that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

It turned out to be a very interesting thread with many different opinions and minimal personal attacks.  I have enjoyed it. Thanks.

 

I am not a Colts fan; so this thread was not meant for me to reply. But... I am rooting for Peyton so that he goes out on top. He has been a great ambassador for the game. I would like him remembered for winning. I have always thought of him as a Colt.  Winning this Super Bowl won't change that.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, General_Hux said:

All my life, long enough to remember the bad old days and Duke Tumatoe songs playing on Q95 nearly every Monday morning.  The casual fans still love the guy, and I have a ton of respect for him and what he did here.  But the minute he was gone, I was done with him and was eager to support the next guy.  . 

The last sentence resonates for me, I was ready to support Luck once Manning left and really I was impressed with how well the fan base embraced him.  I thought it was going to be like Aaron Rodgers getting booed by the Packers fan until he got them a ring.  

 

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool for Manning to get one more, even though I feel like the Panthers have done more to deserve it and I really like Cam Newton as a QB.  But I have never liked the Broncos and as Colts fans we really shouldn't respect that team after the way they behaved when the Colts beat them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I am sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say here.  What happens every year?

I think you're confused on the usage of the word "bust."  It's not a bust as in bad player, it's a bust as in, the sculpture of the head/face of the HOF inductees.

That is most definitely not what I am confused about.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO - people that use the word choker when it comes to Peyton is just a casual fan.

 

No intelligent "football fan" will say this.  Someone has to lose the SB. 

 

Peyton Manning - biggest playoff choker....  hmmm he got there didn't he.

 

Anyway - I have no issues if people want to see Carolina win..why should anyone?  If they want Carolina to lose because they dislike Peyton- so be it.  No need for a reason. I dislike players all of the time for no reason... 

 

Why do I want to see Peyton win... because I have spent almost 40% of my life rooting for him, loved him as a Colt. It is almost natural for me.   AGAIN.... me liking Peyton does not TAKE anything away from ANDREW LUCK, his greatness and future greatness.  Separate entity.

 

I so want Peyton to win....  no one is giving them a chance.. gonna just hope for a good game

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually know a lot of Patriots fans from my past. I went to school in Boston even though I was born and raised in Indiana. It's why I stick up for them at times too. I never really and truly heard much razzing towards me as a Colts fans by NE fans. The choker stuff and all the nitpicking is often for online people and the media IMO who need stories and get bored.

 

Also many many Boston fans are not just about the Pats. They have the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins they obsess over as well. Sometimes when the Pats season is over they move onto another pro sport. 

 

Also, as much as some do respect Manning I had a guy I know say something to me earlier and it made sense, "It's a Super Bowl.......it's not a lifetime achievement award."

 

In the midst of all the Peyton stuff at the same time don't forget about all the other aspects of this Broncos team that has worked hard and deserves praise too. If it wasn't for the defense we all know they would not have survived this year because at times the situation on offense has not been good. And even in the playoffs the offense has not been scoring at will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

That ring is for the Broncos and John Elway (the smug guy who snubbed the Colts) not the Colts. His legacy as a Colt is over. He doesn't need another ring to be considered as one of the goat.

 

 It makes the Colts look bad if, in only four years, Manning accomplishes with the Broncos (2 SB appearances and and 1 win), what took him 14 years to accomplish with the Colts. 

 

Broncos fans don't even appreciate Manning and didn't have to sit through all of his growing pains. I remember seeing people wanting Osweiler start for the season on their message board. 

 

Although he will be rembered as both, I want his best times remembered as a member of the Indianapolis Colts; the place where his NFL career was born and raised! 

 

I know my opinion is unpopular, but I would like to know, as Colts fans, why exactly do you want him to win the Super Bowl as a member of the Broncos? 

 

I believe that a good majority of Broncos fans DO appreciate what Manning has done with us. But, a lot of people saw that he was declining and just wasnt going to be the same. Personally, I supported Manning during the entire offseason, preseason, and at the beginning of the regular season, but I could see, like many people, that he just was not playing at a high level. I was also in support of putting Osweiler in after so many sub-par games from Manning. 

 

That said, I give him all the credit in the world with how he handled everything and I give him credit for going in the past 3 games and playing good, efficient, mistake free football. I was at the Chargers game, and you cannot deny the energy he gave the crowd and the team. He had a warm welcome from the fans. 

 

Anyways, he didnt leave the Colts on bad terms so I dont know why any fans would be upset at him winning the Super Bowl with the Broncos. Just my two cents

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jules said:

I actually know a lot of Patriots fans from my past. I went to school in Boston even though I was born and raised in Indiana. It's why I stick up for them at times too. I never really and truly heard much razzing towards me as a Colts fans by NE fans. The choker stuff and all the nitpicking is often for online people and the media IMO who need stories and get bored.

 

Also many many Boston fans are not just about the Pats. They have the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins they obsess over as well. Sometimes when the Pats season is over they move onto another pro sport. 

 

Also, as much as some do respect Manning I had a guy I know say something to me earlier and it made sense, "It's a Super Bowl.......it's not a lifetime achievement award."

 

In the midst of all the Peyton stuff at the same time don't forget about all the other aspects of this Broncos team that has worked hard and deserves praise too. If it wasn't for the defense we all know they would not have survived this year because at times the situation on offense has not been good. And even in the playoffs the offense has not been scoring at will.

 

Spot on. We have a championship caliber defense who has carried us for most the year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...