Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?


Tsarquise

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bayone said:

 

I count the ABA as remember going to Nassau , Long Island Colosseum for 

 

1. Many a great Concert.

2. 2nd fight between  George Foreman  & Frazier & he corners him and wow just wow what a knockout punch, No Brains like Ali to win , Just like Peyton the smartest QB

 

3, Think was still ABA when Denver Nuggets were destroing the NY Nets in early 4th quarter plaoffs anf Dr. J , Julius Erving went absolutlly nuts taking over the game and nets won, the 2 fans in front of me were from Denver too

 

Yeah they had a lot of great players in the ABA including Doc but unfortunately the general media never mentions the ABA when talking about Championships. The Pacers won 3 back then but because it wasn't the NBA a lot of people don't count them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bayone said:

 

I count the ABA as remember going to Nassau , Long Island Colosseum for 

 

1. Many a great Concert.

2. 2nd fight between  George Foreman  & Frazier & he corners him and wow just wow what a knockout punch, No Brains like Ali to win , Just like Peyton the smartest QB

 

3, Think was still ABA when Denver Nuggets were destroing the NY Nets in early 4th quarter plaoffs anf Dr. J , Julius Erving went absolutlly nuts taking over the game and nets won, the 2 fans in front of me were from Denver too

 

anyway , have to go, all have a great night

 

Barry

 

The ABA was bad to the bone.  George McGinnis and Dr. J  came in an dominated the NBA among others....Moses Malone ring a bell...Dan Issel. Super John Williamson, Bobby Jones...and on and on...Artis Gilmore George Gervin...WOW!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

The ABA was bad to the bone.  George McGinnis and Dr. J  came in an dominated the NBA among others....Moses Malone ring a bell...Dan Issel. Super John Williamson, Bobby Jones...and on and on...Artis Gilmore George Gervin...WOW!!!

It was. I was too young to remember the ABA. I roughly started watching sports in the late 70's as a kid and grew up in the 80's with Bird and Magic. I know the history of the ABA though and some of those players went from the ABA to the NBA. Pacers played top tier competition so it is ashame a lot of the media don't recognize our Championships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was. I was too young to remember the ABA. I roughly started watching sports in the late 70's as a kid and grew up in the 80's with Bird and Magic. I know the history of the ABA though and some of those players went from the ABA to the NBA. Pacers played top tier competition so it is ashame a lot of the media don't recognize our Championships.

They were great and fun to watch Brent can back that up. At the time they were as good as anyone in the NBA .

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

They were great and fun to watch Brent can back that up. At the time they were as good as anyone in the NBA .

I have said this before, but The Pacers beat the Oscar/Lew Alcindor Bucke in a game...champion vs champion

Note:  Sorry I got off topic, but fun stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I have stated this in a bunch of posts, but I want the Panthers to win because I want Manning remembered more as a Colt and I don't want the narrative that the Broncos put a team around Manning while the Colts didn't.

Thanks for elaborating on this. I don't view it as Denver put a better roster together for Manning than INDY did. More like Jim Irsay released 18 & he still wanted to play ball. It's not Peyton who wanted to leave. Why would I resent the Broncos for signing him, agreeing that he can still win games in this league, & giving him a Championship caliber defense? 

 

It's not a team rivalry thing; It's a thanks for taking such good care of a treasured commodity in Peyton with Tennessee roots, Hoosier roots, & Colorado connections that will never diminish or perish. JMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2016 at 10:55 AM, Tsarquise said:

 

The Broncos don't consist of 53 Peyton Mannings and the GM and owner are't two Peyton Mannings.

 

He already has a Ring.... Stupid QB stat... 

 

 

 

???

What?

This thread is like a fine cheese, it just keeps getting stinkier...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Elway is the president of the Broncos. He was the original crybaby that got his way when he held out and refused to play for the Colt. He set the precedent. Therefore I have always, and always will hate the Broncos. Indy fans don't remember this , and don't care.  That's fine, but I say go Panthers .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That's almost throwing away a player that has been a big part of the success we've had over the years, simply because he's underperforming in the first half of this season.  I'm not saying that maybe on a pure business decision level that might be a fair deal, but I think from both a PR and especially locker room impact perspective, that would be a horrible trade.     Good organizations simply don't do that to good employees.  You address it when the contract comes up in a few months.  JMO.
    • So hypothetically, of Packers offered us a 4th round pick tomorrow, you would accept it?   Will be a late 4th at that.     I mean don't get me wrong, sometimes there can be addition by subtraction(ie; OBJ). Where a QB doesn't feel pressure to target said WR and spreads ball around more. I am not sure I see the same thing with TY though.(only averaging 6 targets a game, which is a team high) l. I think that says more about how well we are already spreading the vall around.   For the record, I wouldn't accept a late 4th for Hilton. Would consider a 3rd, but that would really exasperate the lack of veteran leadership in the group.
    • I don't think the Packers are giving up a 4th rounder for a 30 year old WR on an expiring contract.    And going back to the crux of the matter, there's no reason for the Colts to bail on this season right now. 
    • I'll tell you what I told Superman. Hilton to the Packers for a 4th rounder. They are interested in Will Fuller, so we could trade them Hilton for a 4th.
    • Harris to PS during this week.  I figured he'd be retained instead of Fountain, but was wrong.  IMO, Harris will be called up before Fountain will though.  I think Harris just needs more reps on the PS whereas Fountain is kind of a known quantity at this point.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...