Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?

Tsarquise

2 minutes ago, bayone said:

I count the ABA as remember going to Nassau , Long Island Colosseum for 

1. Many a great Concert.

2. 2nd fight between  George Foreman  & Frazier & he corners him and wow just wow what a knockout punch, No Brains like Ali to win , Just like Peyton the smartest QB

3, Think was still ABA when Denver Nuggets were destroing the NY Nets in early 4th quarter plaoffs anf Dr. J , Julius Erving went absolutlly nuts taking over the game and nets won, the 2 fans in front of me were from Denver too

Yeah they had a lot of great players in the ABA including Doc but unfortunately the general media never mentions the ABA when talking about Championships. The Pacers won 3 back then but because it wasn't the NBA a lot of people don't count them.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bayone said:

I count the ABA as remember going to Nassau , Long Island Colosseum for 

1. Many a great Concert.

2. 2nd fight between  George Foreman  & Frazier & he corners him and wow just wow what a knockout punch, No Brains like Ali to win , Just like Peyton the smartest QB

3, Think was still ABA when Denver Nuggets were destroing the NY Nets in early 4th quarter plaoffs anf Dr. J , Julius Erving went absolutlly nuts taking over the game and nets won, the 2 fans in front of me were from Denver too

anyway , have to go, all have a great night

Barry

The ABA was bad to the bone.  George McGinnis and Dr. J  came in an dominated the NBA among others....Moses Malone ring a bell...Dan Issel. Super John Williamson, Bobby Jones...and on and on...Artis Gilmore George Gervin...WOW!!!

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

The ABA was bad to the bone.  George McGinnis and Dr. J  came in an dominated the NBA among others....Moses Malone ring a bell...Dan Issel. Super John Williamson, Bobby Jones...and on and on...Artis Gilmore George Gervin...WOW!!!

It was. I was too young to remember the ABA. I roughly started watching sports in the late 70's as a kid and grew up in the 80's with Bird and Magic. I know the history of the ABA though and some of those players went from the ABA to the NBA. Pacers played top tier competition so it is ashame a lot of the media don't recognize our Championships.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was. I was too young to remember the ABA. I roughly started watching sports in the late 70's as a kid and grew up in the 80's with Bird and Magic. I know the history of the ABA though and some of those players went from the ABA to the NBA. Pacers played top tier competition so it is ashame a lot of the media don't recognize our Championships.

They were great and fun to watch Brent can back that up. At the time they were as good as anyone in the NBA .

20 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

They were great and fun to watch Brent can back that up. At the time they were as good as anyone in the NBA .

I have said this before, but The Pacers beat the Oscar/Lew Alcindor Bucke in a game...champion vs champion

Note:  Sorry I got off topic, but fun stuff.

16 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I have stated this in a bunch of posts, but I want the Panthers to win because I want Manning remembered more as a Colt and I don't want the narrative that the Broncos put a team around Manning while the Colts didn't.

Thanks for elaborating on this. I don't view it as Denver put a better roster together for Manning than INDY did. More like Jim Irsay released 18 & he still wanted to play ball. It's not Peyton who wanted to leave. Why would I resent the Broncos for signing him, agreeing that he can still win games in this league, & giving him a Championship caliber defense? 

It's not a team rivalry thing; It's a thanks for taking such good care of a treasured commodity in Peyton with Tennessee roots, Hoosier roots, & Colorado connections that will never diminish or perish. JMO. 

Elway is the president of the Broncos. He was the original crybaby that got his way when he held out and refused to play for the Colt. He set the precedent. Therefore I have always, and always will hate the Broncos. Indy fans don't remember this , and don't care.  That's fine, but I say go Panthers .