Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, VDB said:

 

I believe that a good majority of Broncos fans DO appreciate what Manning has done with us. But, a lot of people saw that he was declining and just wasnt going to be the same. Personally, I supported Manning during the entire offseason, preseason, and at the beginning of the regular season, but I could see, like many people, that he just was not playing at a high level. I was also in support of putting Osweiler in after so many sub-par games from Manning. 

 

That said, I give him all the credit in the world with how he handled everything and I give him credit for going in the past 3 games and playing good, efficient, mistake free football. I was at the Chargers game, and you cannot deny the energy he gave the crowd and the team. He had a warm welcome from the fans. 

 

Anyways, he didnt leave the Colts on bad terms so I dont know why any fans would be upset at him winning the Super Bowl with the Broncos. Just my two cents

Never doubt Peyton my good man. I was one of the few in here that thought along he would come back after his injury and lead you guys to the SB. Brock would've never beat the Pats IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never doubt Peyton my good man. I was one of the few in here that thought along he would come back after his injury and lead you guys to the SB. Brock would've never beat the Pats IMO.

 

Going into the playoffs I told people that I thought we were going to win no matter who was at QB because of the defense. I still believe that, but its pointless to speculate now since Manning was in and we won and I couldn't be happier. He does have one huge upper hand though, and its experience and knowledge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VDB said:

 

Going into the playoffs I told people that I thought we were going to win no matter who was at QB because of the defense. I still believe that, but its pointless to speculate now since Manning was in and we won and I couldn't be happier. He does have one huge upper hand though, and its experience and knowledge. 

I think BB feared Peyton more and I could see a QB like Brock crapping the bed against a team like the Pats on that stage being the Title Game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, VDB said:

 

Spot on. We have a championship caliber defense who has carried us for most the year. 

 

When I look at Denver right now.......if they win it all....their MVP of the season is clearly the defense. Even if Manning plays well at times it's still not about him as much to me this year as the D. In the past we used to say the same about Brady when his D's were top notch so it's only fair to also do it with Peyton. We have seen Peyton carry teams many times but this is not the case this year. 

 

As for the Brock situation, nobody should get irritated if anyone doubted Peyton this year. There were some games he was bloody awful in and he was hurt. Doubts were natural when someone really has that steep decline at times even if they make up for it later. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jules said:

I actually know a lot of Patriots fans from my past. I went to school in Boston even though I was born and raised in Indiana. It's why I stick up for them at times too. I never really and truly heard much razzing towards me as a Colts fans by NE fans. The choker stuff and all the nitpicking is often for online people and the media IMO who need stories and get bored.

I was born in raised in and around the Bloomington, IN area (Ellettsville to be exact, if that means anything to anyone). I can tell you that in school, I caught a ton of % for being a Colts fan, because it was cool to hate on the hometown team. In highschool, there were far more Brady jerseys than Manning ones, just because he was the winner. Naturally, I got to hear every day about how Manning was a choker and my team was a loser. "What do Tom Brady and Barnum and Bailey have that Peyton doesn't? 3 rings!"

 

Maybe it was just my close proximity to IU and the convergence of people not originally from Indiana that caused this, but I can tell you that it was bad. Probably still is. If I hadn't made a concerted effort to disassociate myself from the place to the point I don't know anything that happens there, I might know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

 

When I look at Denver right now.......if they win it all....their MVP of the season is clearly the defense. Even if Manning plays well at times it's still not about him as much to me this year as the D. In the past we used to say the same about Brady when his D's were top notch so it's only fair to also do it with Peyton. We have seen Peyton carry teams many times but this is not the case this year. 

 

As for the Brock situation, nobody should get irritated if anyone doubted Peyton this year. There were some games he was bloody awful in and he was hurt. Doubts were natural when someone really has that steep decline at times even if they make up for it later. 

 

 

I'm going to try to put my homerism aside, maybe, but I really do think Wade Phillips was easily the best hire in the entire NFL this year. He's definitely the MVP of this team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkyBane said:

I was born in raised in and around the Bloomington, IN area (Ellettsville to be exact, if that means anything to anyone). I can tell you that in school, I caught a ton of % for being a Colts fan, because it was cool to hate on the hometown team. In highschool, there were far more Brady jerseys than Manning ones, just because he was the winner. Naturally, I got to hear every day about how Manning was a choker and my team was a loser. "What do Tom Brady and Barnum and Bailey have that Peyton doesn't? 3 rings!"

 

Maybe it was just my close proximity to IU and the convergence of people not originally from Indiana that caused this, but I can tell you that it was bad. Probably still is if I hadn't made a concerted effort to disassociate myself from the place to the point I don't know anything that happens there.

 

Sorry you had those experiences. I have had pretty decent time with them. Even with a small amount of Steelers fans I had met. Honestly some of the most knowledgeable fans I ever met were Pittsburgh fans, those people KNOW their football. Whoa........

 

But, I am also a female and some were flirty. lmao I think male fans of other teams can be easier on the girl. I seen more brawls with men vs. other men.

 

Intelligent Pats fans have often respected Manning just like they have Jeter. They might hate these guys at times but you should also take it as a compliment. Since hate means you are good. You don't always hate people who suck and put in the passion for someone who isn't a threat.

 

Cam Newton has even had hate all year for his dancing and celebrations. But, he is also darn good and people know he is a huge threat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VDB said:

 

I'm going to try to put my homerism aside, maybe, but I really do think Wade Phillips was easily the best hire in the entire NFL this year. He's definitely the MVP of this team. 

 

I actually at the time didn't think much of the hire. Since I am used to the Broncos defenses in recent years being rather shaky lol. 

 

BTW welcome to the forum. I often love to see fans of other teams here to bring a new mix to the place whether I agree with them or not. 

 

I am curious to see what Wade cooks up for Cam since he is going to be a load......the Panthers o line has been pretty good too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jules said:

 

Sorry you had those experiences. I have had pretty decent time with them. Even with a small amount of Steelers fans I had met. Honestly some of the most knowledgeable fans I ever met were Pittsburgh fans, those people KNOW their football. Whoa........

 

But, I am also a female and some were flirty. lmao I think male fans of other teams can be easier on the girl. I seen more brawls with men vs. other men.

 

Intelligent Pats fans have often respected Manning just like they have Jeter. They might hate these guys at times but you should also take it as a compliment. Since hate means you are good. You don't always hate people who suck and put in the passion for someone who isn't a threat.

 

Cam Newton has even had hate all year for his dancing and celebrations. But, he is also darn good and people know he is a huge threat. 

Yeah, I'm more chill about it now than I was when I was 15-16 (I'd think for obvious reasons). The football stuff is now mostly just an odd anecdote to point out how teenagers like to be contrarian. Or something. 

 

Also I'm sorry about the flirtyness lol. Guys that find a female in their traditionally male marketed hobbies tend to hone in on that as it's a rare common interest. Same crap happens in video games, tabletop wargaming, hunting, racing, and all that jazz, I assure you.

 

I think Cam would catch less % if he had a bit more professionalism about him. He's a great talent, but he opens himself up to criticism with his constant trash talk and diarrhea of the mouth at times. If he were a WR, people would probably accept it more, but you don't expect the diva personality out of your franchise QB, and it takes people back, I think. I know it grates me from time to time, but part of that is proximity, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SkyBane said:

Yeah, I'm more chill about it now than I was when I was 15-16 (I'd think for obvious reasons). The football stuff is now mostly just an odd anecdote to point out how teenagers like to be contrarian. Or something. 

 

Also I'm sorry about the flirtyness lol. Guys that find a female in their traditionally male marketed hobbies tend to hone in on that as it's a rare common interest. Same crap happens in video games, tabletop wargaming, hunting, racing, and all that jazz, I assure you.

 

I think Cam would catch less % if he had a bit more professionalism about him. He's a great talent, but he opens himself up to criticism with his constant trash talk and diarrhea of the mouth at times. If he were a WR, people would probably accept it more, but you don't expect the diva personality out of your franchise QB, and it takes people back, I think. I know it grates me from time to time, but part of that is proximity, I think.

 

Thing is I don't think anything he does is very bad. He gives footballs to kids in the front rows, sometimes dances and likes the superman thing. It don't really bother me. He is young and has fun and his play on the field lives up to the antics too.

 

I also think it can be energizing to the Panthers fanbase. I used to hear how the home crowd would be lackluster and opposing fans even made more noise there for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like it here. This Site seems to be ran really well and it stays busy late at night too :-) Maybe I feel comfortable here because I am surrounded by Colts fans, that helps haha 

 

Yeah too many of us are night owls here at times. lmao 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like it here. This Site seems to be ran really well and it stays busy late at night too :-) Maybe I feel comfortable here because I am surrounded by Colts fans, that helps haha 

This site is kind of an oddball. I mentioned earlier this week that at times it feels like a place out of time that internet culture never reached. Very rarely do you see dank butt memes, or image macros stolen from reddit or 4chan. Heck, I bet half the people here don't even know what rule 34 is, or the creed of the anon. It's not perfect, mind you, but this site is kind of a nice reminder that the internet is not a ubiquitous hivemind.

 

And I'm still not used to my casual use of profanity being censored :|

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

This site is kind of an oddball. I mentioned earlier this week that at times it feels like a place out of time that internet culture never reached. Very rarely do you see dank butt memes, or image macros stolen from reddit or 4chan. Heck, I bet half the people here don't even know what rule 34 is, or the creed of the anon. It's not perfect, mind you, but this site is kind of a nice reminder that the internet is not a ubiquitous hivemind.

 

And I'm still not used to my casual use of profanity being censored :|

You reminded me of Bill Walton with that talk LOL, I mean that in a good way. He talks like that during basketball games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You reminded me of Bill Walton with that talk LOL, I mean that in a good way. He talks like that during basketball games.

Eh, I'll take it as a compliment :P

 

The thing about the internet is, it's all very derivative, particularly if you were around during the early 2000's and the formative years of internet culture (when IRC channels and message boards ruled the earth). You can trace a lot of what happens around the internet these days to those original subcultures that evolved around us social misfits making our own communities with our own rules and dramas. Coincidentally, it now means you have a bunch of early- mid 20 somethings who before would have been the height of trendy, basically being old men yelling at clouds.

 

I've derailed this topic enough for one night though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never doubt Peyton my good man. I was one of the few in here that thought along he would come back after his injury and lead you guys to the SB. Brock would've never beat the Pats IMO.

But he did. ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

But he did. ..

In the Regular Season he did. In a Title Game situation I bet he turns it over and plays bad, JMO. As a QB that has had only a few starts he wouldn't beat Tom Brady and BB in a Title Game. Peyton had no turnovers, that was the key to victory + controlled the game early with the early TD. BB fears Peyton so much that he goes for it instead of kicking FG's. If Brock was playing I bet BB kicks FG's when he has a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, Tsarquise said:

So you're more of a Peyton fan, right? Which is understandable if true...

I had been a Colt fan since the days of Johnny U. I just can't get behind Andrew Luck and say that I enjoy seeing him play. Perhaps that will change when Peyton retires but I doubt it. I am just not sold on Luck and perhaps that is my failing not his.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How can a Colts fan not root for a guy who says the following upon his departure from the team:

 

"This town and this team mean so much to me. It truly has been an honor to play in Indianapolis. I do love it here. I love the fans. And I will always enjoy having played for such a great team," he said. "I will leave the Colts with nothing but good thoughts and gratitude."

 

"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart," he said. "I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback."

 

"I'll always be a Colt, that will never change," he said.

 

 

It is hard not to root for someone so classy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How can a Colts fan not root for a guy who says the following upon his departure from the team:

 

"This town and this team mean so much to me. It truly has been an honor to play in Indianapolis. I do love it here. I love the fans. And I will always enjoy having played for such a great team," he said. "I will leave the Colts with nothing but good thoughts and gratitude."

 

"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart," he said. "I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback."

 

"I'll always be a Colt, that will never change," he said.

 

 

It is hard not to root for someone so classy!

 

Thanks for posting this, NFLfan! You made my day. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How can a Colts fan not root for a guy who says the following upon his departure from the team:

 

"This town and this team mean so much to me. It truly has been an honor to play in Indianapolis. I do love it here. I love the fans. And I will always enjoy having played for such a great team," he said. "I will leave the Colts with nothing but good thoughts and gratitude."

 

"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart," he said. "I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback."

 

"I'll always be a Colt, that will never change," he said.

 

 

It is hard not to root for someone so classy!

Very well put NFL .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I had been a Colt fan since the days of Johnny U. I just can't get behind Andrew Luck and say that I enjoy seeing him play. Perhaps that will change when Peyton retires but I doubt it. I am just not sold on Luck and perhaps that is my failing not his.

Peyton is my all-time favorite player and I want the Broncos to win the SB because of him. Having said that Luck is already Good, 3 11 win seasons and a Title Game appearance already in his 4 years. It did take Peyton 6 seasons to win a Playoff game. We are in good hands with Luck don't worry about it. We made the right decision letting Peyton go and drafting Luck as much as I hated to see Peyton go. We weren't winning another SB with Peyton with the team we had around him and needed to rebuild, too many older players were on the team in 2011.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

How can a Colts fan not root for a guy who says the following upon his departure from the team:

 

"This town and this team mean so much to me. It truly has been an honor to play in Indianapolis. I do love it here. I love the fans. And I will always enjoy having played for such a great team," he said. "I will leave the Colts with nothing but good thoughts and gratitude."

 

"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart," he said. "I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback."

 

"I'll always be a Colt, that will never change," he said.

 

 

It is hard not to root for someone so classy!

Thanks for Posting NFL!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peyton Manning is the reason I became a Colts fan 11 years ago. He led so many great Colts teams giving us fans so much to cheer for and so many great memories along the way. He also put this franchise back on the map and is the reason LOS is standing. He's one of the GOAT and he's a good person on and off the field. Why would I not be rooting for him in SB 50? He deserves to go out a champion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

Peyton Manning is the reason I became a Colts fan 11 years ago. He led so many great Colts teams giving us fans so much to cheer for and so many great memories along the way. He also put this franchise back on the map and is the reason LOS is standing. He's one of the GOAT and he's a good person on and off the field. Why would I not be rooting for him in SB 50? He deserves to go out a champion.

I was a fan way before Manning (since 1984), having said that he changed the culture of Football in Indianapolis and made this a Football state when it had always been a Basketball state. When Bobby Knight left IU in 2000 and all the Pacers players were getting in trouble in the mid 2000's, this state was pro Colts over any sports team. We have Peyton to thank for that and we have Peyton to thank for our new stadium, and had we not had Peyton we would have 0 Rings here in Indianapolis - I firmly believe that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2016 at 9:28 PM, Corndog said:

The last sentence resonates for me, I was ready to support Luck once Manning left and really I was impressed with how well the fan base embraced him.  I thought it was going to be like Aaron Rodgers getting booed by the Packers fan until he got them a ring.  

 

Don't get me wrong, it would be cool for Manning to get one more, even though I feel like the Panthers have done more to deserve it and I really like Cam Newton as a QB.  But I have never liked the Broncos and as Colts fans we really shouldn't respect that team after the way they behaved when the Colts beat them. 

 

I never liked the Broncos either and here some more comments I came across to solidify my disdain and boost my desire for them to lose.




"He is a Bronco now. Never again a Colt. Especially with the **** supporting cast he had there."


"Irsay is a piece of **** for what he said about Peyton Manning after he left. Be grateful that he got you a ring & all of those playoff appearances, a ton of franchises would only dream to have the success that Peyton Manning had while in Indi, going from a laughingstock to a perennial playoff team you should thank most of your success to Peyton Manning & also thank him for getting you the Lucas Oil Stadium, and you barely ever did anything to help him defensive as well, drunk loudmouth *. "



1. "Peyton will always be an Indianapolis Colt. We miss you. 18 for life."

              2. "Ehhh I don't know about that. They did kind of shoo him out the door to make way for a new young gun... I mean yes he has some remarkable records in Indy, but he has broken a bit more in Denver and in such a short time and at an older age which makes it remarkable. I mean only time will tell. 10 years from know we will see what gets remembered. "


"Manning didn't go to enough super owls huh irsay? Well how bout dem broncos with Peyton at the helm u big ****"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2016 at 11:55 AM, Live and let live said:

I had been a Colt fan since the days of Johnny U. I just can't get behind Andrew Luck and say that I enjoy seeing him play. Perhaps that will change when Peyton retires but I doubt it. I am just not sold on Luck and perhaps that is my failing not his.

Were you sold on Bert Jones ?

 

 

Bert Jones  had to follow Johnny U  Colts history is cruel it would seem   .

 

Simply put the mold has not been broke greatness is like beauty in the eye of the beholder

 

Unitas Jones Manning Luck  .....  2016 will be fun to watch & I'm feelin Lucky .

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Were you sold on Bert Jones ?

 

 

Bert Jones  had to follow Johnny U  Colts history is cruel it would seem   .

 

Simply put the mold has not been broke greatness is like beauty in the eye of the beholder

 

Unitas uJones Manning Luck  .....  2016 will be fun to watch & I'm feelin Lucky .

 

Unitas to Jones was different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

 

I never liked the Broncos either and here some more comments I came across to solidify my disdain and boost my desire for them to lose.




"He is a Bronco now. Never again a Colt. Especially with the **** supporting cast he had there."


"Irsay is a piece of **** for what he said about Peyton Manning after he left. Be grateful that he got you a ring & all of those playoff appearances, a ton of franchises would only dream to have the success that Peyton Manning had while in Indi, going from a laughingstock to a perennial playoff team you should thank most of your success to Peyton Manning & also thank him for getting you the Lucas Oil Stadium, and you barely ever did anything to help him defensive as well, drunk loudmouth *. "



1. "Peyton will always be an Indianapolis Colt. We miss you. 18 for life."

              2. "Ehhh I don't know about that. They did kind of shoo him out the door to make way for a new young gun... I mean yes he has some remarkable records in Indy, but he has broken a bit more in Denver and in such a short time and at an older age which makes it remarkable. I mean only time will tell. 10 years from know we will see what gets remembered. "


"Manning didn't go to enough super owls huh irsay? Well how bout dem broncos with Peyton at the helm u big ****"

 

What are they saying that is false though? Truth hurts sometimes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll hop in.

 

I want him to get another ring for a variety of reasons. I'll start by saying I'm in love with the notion that the good guy sometimes wins, that sometimes the sports hero is an actual hero. 

 

I've watched one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, for my Colts team I might mention, for the better part of 20 years now. Through this icons career I've watched my own life change so much, I can barely remember a time when Peyton Manning wasn't a badass NFL prodigy. Watching him play has brought me many great memories with family and friends. 

 

I've been a fan of the game itself longer than just a Colts fan, so I've become endeared to a number of teams since childhood, and Denver is one of those teams. A childhood admirer of John Elway and a close follower of the Broncos ever since. 

 

 

Go get 'em, Sheriff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Were you sold on Bert Jones ?

 

 

Bert Jones  had to follow Johnny U  Colts history is cruel it would seem   .

 

Simply put the mold has not been broke greatness is like beauty in the eye of the beholder

 

Unitas Jones Manning Luck  .....  2016 will be fun to watch & I'm feelin Lucky .

I've been a Colts fan because of the QBs..that line of succession there us.

Peyton channels the spirit of Johnny Unitas.....and I wish Andrew Luck had Bruce Arians for a little longer.

 

But I've always liked Denver since the John Elway days.....Elway and Peyton have had very, very similar careers

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fx Stryker said:

 

Unitas to Jones was different.

 

How So ?  I became a Colts fan in 84 & I do enjoy the thoughts of long time fans .

 

 IMO Jones like Luck are in an impossible position following a legend both have a monkey on there back just like Steve Young following Joe Montana who until Peyton Manning had been my fav .

 

Jim Harbaugh # 4 brought excitement & a thrilling playoff run to Indy our first signs of life that football was indeed in Indiana ,

 

In 1998 the Colts chose Peyton Manning  who went 3-13 his rookie season over Ryan Leaf the first couple of years were rough but we could all feel the excitement begin to build a decade of excellence mired by early defeats in the playoffs .

 

Peyton Manning put this City & State on the map his courage & strength made the Colts into A Superbowl Champion had he had the weapons in Indy that the Broncos gave him there is no doubt he would have multiple SB rings .

 

Having said that IMO Andrew Luck givin the weapons needed will easily surpass 18 not in our hearts but on the field .

 

12's early years are the best as a Colt of any QB I'v seen he is minus the injury off to a great start .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to make perfectly clear I hate the Broncos & especially John Elway  &

 

I loved watching the Broncos take out the Patriots the defense was great watching brady taking his lumps .

 

 I like Peyton Manning very much but I do not want him to WIN the SB .

 

I'm a COLTS fan I bleed the Blue once that jersey comes off I lose interest in the player I just hope 18 does'nt get hurt that is the only thing I'v cared about since he left I don't want to see him injured again he means so much to so many that would be heart breaking ..

 

:coltslogo:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I would like to make perfectly clear I hate the Broncos & especially John Elway  &

 

I loved watching the Broncos take out the Patriots the defense was great watching brady taking his lumps .

 

 I like Peyton Manning very much but I do not want him to WIN the SB .

 

I'm a COLTS fan I bleed the Blue once that jersey comes off I lose interest in the player I just hope 18 does'nt get hurt that is the only thing I'v cared about since he left I don't want to see him injured again he means so much to so many that would be heart breaking ..

 

:coltslogo:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Don't feel bad, I didn't root for Unitas when he was on the Chargers, nor did I buy an Ed Reed Texans jersey. That being said, as Manning never played for the Ravens, I would like to see him go out on top, although I dislike Elway also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Jules said:

 

How do you derail an already stupid thread? Everyone here already knows who is rooting for whom and why.

 

All it looks like to me is someone wants to find a reason to root against Peyton instead of saying out loud "Yes I am rooting for the Panthers screw the Broncos."

 

 

Yes, you're correct Jules. We have all figured out which team & QB we are pulling for & why. And, I can see why some fans might want to avoid backlash from Manning fans by not stating publicly their support for Cam & the Carolina Panthers on a Colts Forum. 

 

Yes, I want #18 to win a 2nd ring because to listen to the media & several analysts you'd think that Peyton has no prayer. If Brady can lose 2 SBs & then win another ring, why not Manning as well? 

 

My reasons? Peyton has learned from 2013 that things can get much worse so play loose & relaxed. If anybody deserves to ride off into the sunset as a champion it's him. I really, really want Deion Sanders & Michael Irvin to eat crow for mocking Peyton over the years for Playoff loses. I want 18 to remind these 2 NFL personalities that they were grossly mistaken under estimating his Championship pedigree under the brightest lights. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2016 at 11:55 AM, Live and let live said:

I had been a Colt fan since the days of Johnny U. I just can't get behind Andrew Luck and say that I enjoy seeing him play. Perhaps that will change when Peyton retires but I doubt it. I am just not sold on Luck and perhaps that is my failing not his.

I enjoyed Johnny U, Bert Jones, Harbaugh and Peyton. At first, I was really shocked that the Colts would let Peyton go and did not like Luck, Pagano and Grigson.

  But now that I have seen Luck play a little and heard him talk, I think he is a class guy as well. Different, but classy. Same with Pagano.

  Luck's upside is tremendous. I see now why the Colts had to let Peyton go and I want him to get another ring before he retires. There is no QB I would want for the next 10-15 than Andrew Luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...