Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts London game to be streamed

Timo1

Just saw on espn that all London games will be streamed this year. Did any one watch the jags game that was streamed this year. I tried to watch it on my smart tv but it wouldn't load. I'd hate to have to watch the game in my 20in computer monitor instead of my 60in tv.

25 minutes ago, Timo1 said:

Just saw on espn that all London games will be streamed this year. Did any one watch the jags game that was streamed this year. I tried to watch it on my smart tv but it wouldn't load. I'd hate to have to watch the game in my 20in computer monitor instead of my 60in tv.

Does that mean it won't be on regular TV?  I didn't even try to watch the streamed game last year.

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

The only problem I have with London games is the fact that I gotta wake up at like 9 30 to catch the gamehaha I hate waking up early on the weekends!

Considering this doesn't interfere with the colts home games, I have no problem with playing in London

How you stand sleeping that late bro? By 9:30 Saturday morning I'm already done lifting and out of the shower and watching tv lol.

9 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

The only problem I have with London games is the fact that I gotta wake up at like 9 30 to catch the gamehaha I hate waking up early on the weekends!

Considering this doesn't interfere with the colts home games, I have no problem with playing in London

I like the London games that start at 9:30. Means football all day. 

I get up between 12:30 & 2:30am Tuesday thru Saturday. On Sunday and Monday I'm up by 4am watching tv. I can't sleep any longer more matter what. When on vacation it takes me 3 days to change my sleep habits. 

27 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

You gotta be kidding me. Man I want to watch my games on MY TV. Not this streaming crap. They need to stop with all this. I like good ole fashioned television.

I was just reading an article about tv is running low on viewers because most people just have a couple favorite channels and are paying almost $200 a month. It's just not worth it. Talked about a migration happening to the Internet, which would be all cool if everyone had smart TVs and websites programmed for tv. 

5 hours ago, Timo1 said:

Do you have a laptop with an hdmi port?

Just get an hdmi cable and connect your laptop to your tv.... simple as that.

22 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

You gotta be kidding me. Man I want to watch my games on MY TV. Not this streaming crap. They need to stop with all this. I like good ole fashioned television.

I think you might be in for a rude awakening maybe two decades down the road. My guess is, one day, everything will be streamed from the Internet. If we have TV's, they'll be more like monitors, and they'll be hooked up to the Internet through devices.

I personally don't watch any TV except for NFL, and only because I'm forced to because the NFL has been slow to adopt Internet streaming because they're so dependent on ad revenue. Someone forgot to tell them they can also make money off the Internet, AND reach a much bigger global audience!

12 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I think you might be in for a rude awakening maybe two decades down the road. My guess is, one day, everything will be streamed from the Internet. If we have TV's, they'll be more like monitors, and they'll be hooked up to the Internet through devices.

I personally don't watch any TV except for NFL, and only because I'm forced to because the NFL has been slow to adopt Internet streaming because they're so dependent on ad revenue. Someone forgot to tell them they can also make money off the Internet, AND reach a much bigger global audience!

You speak on a couple of decades down the road. I anticipate that all pro sports will be pay per view in one way or another. I have a sister who works for HBO in high management and she used to work for Comcast in pretty much the same aspect. The future of pro sports are headed in that direction. With the high cost of pro sports paying the networks sooner or later they will have their own networks. Most of the pro sports have enough money to do that already. It is that way to a certain extent now. All it comes down to is the rich getting richer. I think you comment is 100% correct.

I got chromecast for christmas and love it. Cost is about the same as an hdmi cable and it is easier and better

I recommend it

I've been streaming more and more lately.  It has to do with cable offering less and less and less.

On January 8, 2016 at 3:37 PM, NorthernBlue said:

You think that's bad? I gotta wake up at 630 am in the west

On 1/9/2016 at 7:33 PM, SteelCityColt said:

I'll give you all a wave.

The single game tickets for the Colts vs Jags @ Wembley go on sale 10am UK time on Tuesday the 19th Jan if you are planning on going to the game. Or if you are / were an international season ticket holder at Wembley you could have already bought your ticket

If you are going, hopefully I'll see you there!.

On 1/10/2016 at 3:32 AM, bap1331 said:

You think that's bad? I gotta wake up at 630 am in the west

You think that's bad? 

Us fans across the pond dont even get to watch the games that start after 1pm Eastern time in the US unless we want to get pretty much no sleep for work on Mondays.... EVERY WEEK...

On 1/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, Nadine said:

I got chromecast for christmas and love it. Cost is about the same as an hdmi cable and it is easier and better

I recommend it

I've been streaming more and more lately.  It has to do with cable offering less and less and less.

I have the old apple tv mainly because I've purchased movies and tv shows (colts highlights) on itunes and want to be able to stream them among other usefulapps. I've used it every day for a year and a half and love it. I'm hoping the future of cable will be in streaming where you could just pick the channels you want and pay a fixed rate for each channel rather than a ton for all of them and only use a few.

7 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I have the old apple tv mainly because I've purchased movies and tv shows (colts highlights) on itunes and want to be able to stream them among other usefulapps. I've used it every day for a year and a half and love it. I'm hoping the future of cable will be in streaming where you could just pick the channels you want and pay a fixed rate for each channel rather than a ton for all of them and only use a few.

Ultimately with services like Sling TV, Playstation Vue, etc., this is exactly where we are headed if networks are to survive. It's gotten to the point Disney is losing stock value over ESPN's declining numbers thanks to millennials almost universally cutting the cable. TV as it was in the last 20 years will be all but dead in the next decade at the rate it's going. 

19 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Ultimately with services like Sling TV, Playstation Vue, etc., this is exactly where we are headed if networks are to survive. It's gotten to the point Disney is losing stock value over ESPN's declining numbers thanks to millennials almost universally cutting the cable. TV as it was in the last 20 years will be all but dead in the next decade at the rate it's going. 

I share Netflix and Hulu w my family as well as use my parents HBO Go account. I could use their login info for Watch ESPN, FX Now, as well as the NBC, ABC, and Fox app (among others) if I didn't have cable myself. There are too many channels my household would miss if we cut the cord completely (live sports including my local teams, Tru TV, Food Network). I canceled red zone to save a few bucks mid season. My apple tv has a yahoo app on it so I think I can watch on my TV screen with that. I also found myself watching a lot more Youtube on my TV (it's not just for viral videos and cats anymore).

I read an article that despite the success of Star Wars TFA, you would think Disney stock will boom but they have a massive fixed cost in ESPN. This includes ESPN possibly paying 20 million to advertisers after the debacle that was the new years eve playoffs that no one watched. They have this arrangement on NYE 7 of the next 10 years including next year which just kills Disney stock. Plus watching the GG last night, you have amazon, hulu, netflix, and pbs originals beating out the garbage on the major networks (NBC with no nominations despite hosting the show). Definitely hope I can just pick and choose the channels in my package one day.

4 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I share Netflix and Hulu w my family as well as use my parents HBO Go account. I could use their login info for Watch ESPN, FX Now, as well as the NBC, ABC, and Fox app (among others) if I didn't have cable myself. There are too many channels my household would miss if we cut the cord completely (live sports including my local teams, Tru TV, Food Network). I canceled red zone to save a few bucks mid season. My apple tv has a yahoo app on it so I think I can watch on my TV screen with that. I also found myself watching a lot more Youtube on my TV (it's not just for viral videos and cats anymore).

I read an article that despite the success of Star Wars TFA, you would think Disney stock will boom but they have a massive fixed cost in ESPN. This includes ESPN possibly paying 20 million to advertisers after the debacle that was the new years eve playoffs that no one watched. They have this arrangement on NYE 7 of the next 10 years including next year which just kills Disney stock. Plus watching the GG last night, you have amazon, hulu, netflix, and pbs originals beating out the garbage on the major networks (NBC with no nominations despite hosting the show). Definitely hope I can just pick and choose the channels in my package one day.

I believe the figure I read was Disney actually recieves a gargantuan portion of its revenue for ESPN. Like, 57% gargantuan. if ESPN flounders, which it's beginning to show signs of with a 6% decrease in subscriptions, Disney will feel the hurt. It's why they have begun exploring other options for the network, including beginning talks with Activision Blizzard and their newly acquired MLG to begin covering eSports events.

38 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

sling tv looks like a good idea until you realize their prices are for 1 TV

For those of us with more than one.....cable still is the better deal, especially if you already have internet with the cable company (they jack up the price of internet significantly if you take cable out of your 'bundle'

That said, if I could talk my husband into giving up his cable channels, I'd cancel cable all together

Last year I dialed cable all the way back to standard, I got rid of all the equipment charges

However, I just got a letter from them saying my 'promotional' price had ended and they are jacking my price up again

so sick of all of this. It's inconvenient and obnoxious

13 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

I believe the figure I read was Disney actually recieves a gargantuan portion of its revenue for ESPN. Like, 57% gargantuan. if ESPN flounders, which it's beginning to show signs of with a 6% decrease in subscriptions, Disney will feel the hurt. It's why they have begun exploring other options for the network, including beginning talks with Activision Blizzard and their newly acquired MLG to begin covering eSports events.

Watching the Heroes of the Dorm tournament on the watch espn app at like 10 pm on a random sunday night last year was possibly the most entertaining television I've seen in a while. No idea what's going on, announcers screaming what's happening but I don't play warcraft or those types to understand it. As a random guy watching I was hooked so I'd love to see that again on the app. Other thing I love about the app = goal line. Red zone for college fball minus the games on the major networks.

14 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Watching the Heroes of the Dorm tournament on the watch espn app at like 10 pm on a random sunday night last year was possibly the most entertaining television I've seen in a while. No idea what's going on, announcers screaming what's happening but I don't play warcraft or those types to understand it. As a random guy watching I was hooked so I'd love to see that again on the app. Other thing I love about the app = goal line. Red zone for college fball minus the games on the major networks.

Yeah, a lot of the eSports casting is still in its infancy, particularly with young games like Heroes of the Storm. Riot and their League of Legends are probably the furthest along in an approachable and watchable team based eSport, their casters are great at going back to big turning points in a match and diagnosing in slow mo with the old Madden circles and arrows to show what happened. 

A lot of the eSports play by play "Shoutcasters" are a lot better and more entertaining than the major sports network booth guys too. It's that sort of maverick period where it's not really super commercialized yet, so the majority got in to announcing the games out of a raw passion for watching and wanting to bring the events to more people. I firmly believe this is where a lot of our future sports broadcasters and ESPN desk guys will come from.

11 minutes ago, SkyBane said:

Yeah, a lot of the eSports casting is still in its infancy, particularly with young games like Heroes of the Storm. Riot and their League of Legends are probably the furthest along in an approachable and watchable team based eSport, their casters are great at going back to big turning points in a match and diagnosing in slow mo with the old Madden circles and arrows to show what happened. 

A lot of the eSports play by play "Shoutcasters" are a lot better and more entertaining than the major sports network booth guys too. It's that sort of maverick period where it's not really super commercialized yet, so the majority got in to announcing the games out of a raw passion for watching and wanting to bring the events to more people. I firmly believe this is where a lot of our future sports broadcasters and ESPN desk guys will come from.

It was honestly just as riveting as Doc Emrick calling an NHL playoff game. It adds just so much more to the experience than any national NFL or MLB announcers can.