Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Ravens LB coach Ted Monachino to be DC (Merge)

RockThatBlue

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It would be kind of funny if suddenly Werner did come to life under this guy.........basically would take away one of the things Grigson screwed up on....if and this is a HUGE IF, Werner suddenly starts producing 

then he can go get overpaid somewhere else after lol

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like Ravens fans value him a lot. A lot of them hate that Dean Pees is still around, and they specifically mention Ted Monachino as their new DC. Well, now we got him. Let's see what he can do.

A little of him on the practice field:

http://prod.video.ravens.clubs.nfl.com//BAL/videos/dct/video_audio/2015/08-August/Ted-Monachino-Wired-5000k.mp4

I like the hire! He seems like a young bright guy, and he speaks Pagonos language which will help Pagono get his vision of the defense convened. Last year and others to a lessor amount I would see Pagano look at Manskey like why are we doing that or are you kidding me. I think Manskey is a more play it safe type and Pagono wants to attack. 

1 minute ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

I like the hire! He seems like a young bright guy, and he speaks Pagonos language which will help Pagono get his vision of the defense convened. Last year and others to a lessor amount I would see Pagano look at Manskey like why are we doing that or are you kidding me. I think Manskey is a more play it safe type and Pagono wants to attack. you never saw the defense get to that next level, similar to Manskeys time in SF!

Monachino’s departure is a tough blow to Suggs, as the two have a relationship that dates back 15 years. Monachino coached Suggs at Arizona State, and he helped the outside linebacker get his career back on track when he joined the Ravens in 2010.

“He’s revamped my career,” Suggs said during his Defensive Player of the Year season in 2011. “The keystone, if you ask me.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ted-Monachino-Leaving-To-Be-Colts-Defensive-Coordinator-/f651fd0d-32c2-48a9-8614-3b131eec9cc5

HIGH PRAISE

Monachino’s departure is a tough blow to Suggs, as the two have a relationship that dates back 15 years. Monachino coached Suggs at Arizona State, and he helped the outside linebacker get his career back on track when he joined the Ravens in 2010.

“He’s revamped my career,” Suggs said during his Defensive Player of the Year season in 2011. “The keystone, if you ask me.”

This thread & contributors have pretty much nailed the opinion(s) & consensus of Monachino. That's a good thing. A necessary thing. And, I side & concur mightily. Let's see what this move does to spark the rest of the team & organization. Nothing but positives seem to be the case. 

Now, let's go out and kick * with the draft, FAs, and the rest of acquisitioning good, solid, athletic, game wreckers to this defense. We've got the franchise QB, WRs, a great RB when healthy & an OL that needs tweaking. Do this, and we're no longer behind the 8 ball running our defense out onto the field ad nauseam. Championship football ALWAYS starts with stout defenses. Looks like we've got a good start in Ted.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Next we'll be filling the Secondary coach position with Ed Reed!!!  Actually that wouldn't shock me.  It would be similar to what the Texans are doing with Vraebel.  Probably won't happen though.

We could hire Ray Lewis to coach the Linebackers.  Ed Reed for the 2ndary.  Indy and Baltimore, tied together for life!

1 hour ago, SteelDragon said:

Now all we need are some linebackers for him to develop

Hopefully the draft will bring him some youth and talent at the LB position. Would love to see what Monachino does with a Jaylon Smith, Myles Jack, Sean Spence, Jordan Jenkins, etc. 

47 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wonder if any other ravens assistant coaches will follow with him. That's usually the way it works isnt it?

It wouldn't bother me if he brought Clarence Brooks with him. Brooks has coached the Ravens D-Line for the past 11 years. The longest tenured coach by the Ravens, and has 23 years of total football coaching experience. I think he would be a great addition to the team. However, with the way Baltimore is iffy on Dean Pees their current DC I wouldn't doubt it if Brooks hangs around there to possibly succeed Pees. Baltimore probably won't let him jump teams for the same position though.

47 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wonder if any other ravens assistant coaches will follow with him. That's usually the way it works isnt it?

It wouldn't bother me if he brought Clarence Brooks with him. Brooks has coached the Ravens D-Line for the past 11 years. The longest tenured coach by the Ravens, and has 23 years of total football coaching experience. I think he would be a great addition to the team. However, with the way Baltimore is iffy on Dean Pees their current DC I wouldn't doubt it if Brooks hangs around there to possibly succeed Pees. Baltimore probably won't let him jump teams for the same position though.

So theoretically he was successful with the Ravens, who went 5-11 this year (vs our 8-8 with Manusky). Can he develop the players we have or does he need to work with a clean slate? Is he going to have input on his defense or forced to work with what we have and what Grigson hires?

So theoretically he was successful with the Ravens, who went 5-11 this year (vs our 8-8 with Manusky). Can he develop the players we have or does he need to work with a clean slate? Is he going to have input on his defense or forced to work with what we have and what Grigson hires?