Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 50 Free Agents...to Bring To The Colts

bap1331

Now that Grigson is the new GM. He is known for bringing in free agents:

http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/

If Irsay allows him to...

-Drew Brees

-Arian Foster-If he wins a Super Bowl, he may want to leave...

-Wes Welker

-Dwayne Bowe

-Marques Coltson-Reggies replacement?

-Vincent Jackson-Reggies replacement?

-Matt Flynn

-LaRon Landry

-Peyton Hillis

OBVIOUSLY we would never get any of these players...

BUT the most interesting of them all:

Desean Jackson! Drafted by Grigson years back...

LaRon Landry, Carl Nicks and Carlos Rodgers. If we lose Reggie no point in spending all that money to get Bowe or VJax when we could just re sign Reggie, so maybe a second tier FA WR like Mario Manningham would do.

LaRon Landry, Carl Nicks and Carlos Rodgers. If we lose Reggie no point in spending all that money to get Bowe or VJax when we could just re sign Reggie, so maybe a second tier FA WR like Mario Manningham would do.

Isn't part of the problem with Reggie his age vs salary desires? I'm not saying we would get either of those guys. I think we want someone younger for the type of money Reggie wants

Isn't part of the problem with Reggie his age vs salary desires? I'm not saying we would get either of those guys. I think we want someone younger for the type of money Reggie wants

But didn't Reggie say it takes a couple of years for a WR to master this offense? If that's the case then I'd rather just keep Reggie. JMO

Yea lets sign bob sanders jr(landry)

I'm not saying we shouldn't bring in Landry, but many people are commenting that he has been hurt a lot the last few years. We've had tons of experience with a potential superstar SS who is always hurt.

first couple of years of his career he barely missed games. its only been the past two seasons.

If Grigson is a FA guy like some have said, Id like for us to bring in Vjax or Bowe IF reggie leaves.

theres a reason why we dont pick up offensives fa. this offense is very complex and takes repation and timing to get it which is why we draft offensive players instead of fa

But didn't Reggie say it takes a couple of years for a WR to master this offense? If that's the case then I'd rather just keep Reggie. JMO

master is the keyword, you cab learn the system much faster than that. But anyways I agree. Why drop the cogs that work? Replace the faulty cogs only!

I wouldnt mind Dwayne Bowe if the team didnt bring back Wayne (which I think they will).

Not big on FA safeties personally. Although the SS spot on this team is a glaring hole. I hope they take Barron with the 2nd rounder if he's there.

I cant imagine New Orleans has the $ to sign Brees/Colston/Nicks/Franklin do they?!

Looking at this list and coming to terms with not siging Nicks/Grubbs.....Although I think signing one of them would REALLY free up this draft.

I would love to see us take gambles on lower level young FA. Laradrius Webb/Brandon Carr, both young DB and a guy like Laurent Robinson. Hope they sign for lower$ contracts but incentive based.

I wouldnt mind Dwayne Bowe if the team didnt bring back Wayne (which I think they will).

Not big on FA safeties personally. Although the SS spot on this team is a glaring hole. I hope they take Barron with the 2nd rounder if he's there.

I like Bowe alot, but the problem with him is he doesn't make plays by himself. He's a bigger/stronger Reggie. Bowe is very good. But not a 'playmaker', someone who will on occasion will win a game. I think if you want that in this years FA WR class, and Colts fans arent gonna like it, those WR are Stevie Johnson and Vincent Jackson..

Short of cutting Peyton Manning I don't think we are going to have money to go get big name free agents. It sounds like it's going to be enough to juggle the contract they do have and keep some of the guys they might want to keep.

That's why I thought this was a joke thread. Here's the top FA's we should try to sign - Garcon, Mathis, and Wayne. Probably not going to get those three either.

theres a reason why we dont pick up offensives fa. this offense is very complex and takes repation and timing to get it which is why we draft offensive players instead of fa

while it may take that long to be as comfortable as marvin was and reggie is, it isnt like a new talented WR cant make an immediate impact...look at Austin Collie, he was a mid round pick and did very well right out of the gate...i would think that if a rookie could do that, that a talented veteran certainly could.

Now that Grigson is the new GM. He is known for bringing in free agents:

OBVIOUSLY we would never get any of these players...

BUT the most interesting of them all:

Desean Jackson! Drafted by Grigson years back...

He isn't "known for bringing in free agents", he wasn't even the Eagles GM. His primary responsibility was directing college scouting. And he didn't even have his current job when Jackson was drafted so we have no idea whether he recommended him or not.......

Which is fine with me because I can't stand Jackson, and have no desire to have a player like that on the Colts. It's not a given that the Eagles are even interested in bringing him back, which should tell you something.

He isn't "known for bringing in free agents", he wasn't even the Eagles GM. His primary responsibility was directing college scouting. And he didn't even have his current job when Jackson was drafted so we have no idea whether he recommended him or not.......

Which is fine with me because I can't stand Jackson, and have no desire to have a player like that on the Colts. It's not a given that the Eagles are even interested in bringing him back, which should tell you something.

In fact Andrew Brandt who works for ESPN and is a former Packers front office guy said that he is a build threw the draft kind of guy. So personally I am not expecting a big change on how we do free agents. Also the fact we don't have money doesn't help either.

anyone know how much reggie actually wants? i mean he may not want a salary through the roof, but with peytons amount along with top pick, and all the other vets we may need to keep that may want a bit more than their first contract, there might not be much left. but i have no idea how much is available, just asking the question, making assumptions.

Negative. That dude is not worth it to any locker room much less ours.

Well said. People obviously don't watch the games or read the news. They hear the name and assume things.

on the fact of brees thats if manning doesnt play next year

Brees will cost just as much as Manning once his new contract is drawn up. Plus, he's several years younger, so that sort of demolishes the Colts.com consensus that we need to take Luck, right? I mean, Brees will be playing for another 5-7 years. Luck would be over 30 before seeing the field.

That's why I thought this was a joke thread. Here's the top FA's we should try to sign - Garcon, Mathis, and Wayne. Probably not going to get those three either.

Agreed.

In fact Andrew Brandt who works for ESPN and is a former Packers front office guy said that he is a build threw the draft kind of guy. So personally I am not expecting a big change on how we do free agents. Also the fact we don't have money doesn't help either.

Bingo.

Only person on there that seems likely is Laron Landry, the colts need someone like him in the backfield... i think this year in the draft its gonna be prioritized for the offense and they will get guys for the defense from FA.

really? i would have thought impact players for defense priority, then after the usual mixed picks for projected needs, because either way, i still think the offense is going to go well, only healthy players will say how well

Where's the cap expert? How much room could be made by cutting Vinatieri, Painter, Collins, Orlovsky, Lefeged, Linkenbach, Wheeler, Hughes and Gonzalez

Patty Mac has said he wants to kick field goals. And I think we are over paying for Vinateri. But has a team ever used one guy for all three jobs? Pat is coming off a surgery.

really? i would have thought impact players for defense priority, then after the usual mixed picks for projected needs, because either way, i still think the offense is going to go well, only healthy players will say how well

well for one ppl we know who are gonna be FA's Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo wont be kept... Look at the Oline Diem is gonna retire, Saturday might as well. Come the draft there might be some big holes on offense.. not any that cant be filled but non the less they are holes.

I wish it was a defensive draft but we know thats not gonna be the case.. who's peyton or Luck gonna throw to? what about Linkenbach who's down right horrible in pass protection?

I see lots of holes.

no way eagles let d-jax walk. i really would like us to get landry.

No the eagles have expressed there frustration with him, desean wants a crazy amount of money, he held out at the begining of the year, and desean has also shown lots of frustration. And the eagles have looked into drafting alshon jeffery or michael floyd

well for one ppl we know who are gonna be FA's Wayne, Garcon, Gonzo wont be kept... Look at the Oline Diem is gonna retire, Saturday might as well. Come the draft there might be some big holes on offense.. not any that cant be filled but non the less they are holes.

I wish it was a defensive draft but we know thats not gonna be the case.. who's peyton or Luck gonna throw to? what about Linkenbach who's down right horrible in pass protection?

I see lots of holes.

The way that reads is that we are going to let Wayne, Garcon, and Gonzo all walk? Or did you mean out of the three Gonzo is gone? No way we lose all three. Austin Collie would become our premier receiver?