Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats Exec Rejects Colts Gm Position

21isSuperman

Oh well.. :rolleyes:

Edit:

@Jimirsay

Adam S,not true about "1rst candidate we wanted 2hire.." There is not any candidate we "wanted to hire" I haven't interviewed

Exactly... lol I am sure he just approached him about interviewing for the position and the Pats exec wasn't interested. Doubt that Irsay actually offered him the gig...based on Irsay's Tweet.

Personally I'm much more interested in someone from the Ravens or Packers organization. I also wouldn't mind us interviewing Ray Horton from the Cardinals. That cat redefined that team defense in one season with a shortened camp. He has been an understudy to Dick Lambeau for multiple seasons. I think he will be a great head coach one day. I saw that the Rams interviewed him earlier this week.

Why not take a look at the Steelers orginazation, and I mean that beyond the Colts anre more towards the whole league it seems like no one ever looks at the Steelers when looking for a GM or coach? I mean I might not like them but I'll admit their run as of late has been really impressive.

Why not take a look at the Steelers orginazation, and I mean that beyond the Colts anre more towards the whole league it seems like no one ever looks at the Steelers when looking for a GM or coach? I mean I might not like them but I'll admit their run as of late has been really impressive.

Until today?

Jim Irsay simply wins. This is from his Twitter account in response to what Schefter said:

Adam,don't say I wanted to hire someone I never talked to or met..MISLEADING..come on,your better than that..get your head in the game,son!

haha get your head in the game, son! That's awesome!!

I'm glad we didn't hire the guy who built a team that even with a HOF HC, HOF QB and stockpiles of draft picks went 3 straight seasons without one single playoff win. I hope the Bronks stomp the Pats next week and make it 4 in a row (I'd have felt MUCH better about Pittsburgh's chances in NE for sure).

Edited by Coltssouth
Edited for insulting nickname of another team

I'm glad we didn't hire the guy who built a team that even with a HOF HC, HOF QB and stockpiles of draft picks went 3 straight seasons without one single playoff win. I hope the Donks stomp the Pats next week and make it 4 in a row (I'd have felt MUCH better about Pittsburgh's chances in NE for sure).

Its because that HOF coach (cough) doesn't have all his "tools" anymore since he got caught.

Think its a coincidence he's back to the success he had at his previous coaching job?

I certainly don't.

Adam Schefter's status on Facebook (and I assume Twitter):

First candidate the Colts tried to hire for vacant GM job was New England's director of player personnel Nick Caserio. Opted to remain in NE

--

I haven't heard anything about this guy.

Good! The pats have not drafted well in years.

Its because that HOF coach (cough) doesn't have all his "tools" anymore since he got caught.

Think its a coincidence he's back to the success he had at his previous coaching job?

I certainly don't.

Yeah, I agree. They've had the same regular season success (if not better), but their playoff record since then has been ugly. I believe it's a direct effect from the spygate.

3 organizations that in my opinion we should be looking at people from: Ravens, Steelers, Giants and Packers.

The ravens just manage to keep finding defensive players and they always end up great. That is great work by their scouts.

Giants, well pretty much the same thing. That team is loaded with talent. Unfortunately they got hit with tons of injuries early. Still, they are as good as anyone when eli is playing well.

Steelers.... just look at how that team has been for the past 8 years or so....

packers... built that entire team through draft sans woodson. Team is incredibly deep. People in that organization clearly doing a great job with talent evaluation

Oh well, anything the pats have i dont want.

You got that right! The only way the Colts can lose me as a fan is if they hire Bill Belichick as coach or bring in Tom Brady as QB. If they hire a front office guy from the Pats, I'll blame him for every loss we have until he's gone. Yeah. That's right. I told you exactly how I feel about it! ;o)

3 organizations that in my opinion we should be looking at people from: Ravens, Steelers, Giants and Packers.

The ravens just manage to keep finding defensive players and they always end up great. That is great work by their scouts.

Giants, well pretty much the same thing. That team is loaded with talent. Unfortunately they got hit with tons of injuries early. Still, they are as good as anyone when eli is playing well.

Steelers.... just look at how that team has been for the past 8 years or so....

packers... built that entire team through draft sans woodson. Team is incredibly deep. People in that organization clearly doing a great job with talent evaluation

And New Orleans.

Jim Irsay simply wins. This is from his Twitter account in response to what Schefter said:

Adam,don't say I wanted to hire someone I never talked to or met..MISLEADING..come on,your better than that..get your head in the game,son!

haha get your head in the game, son! That's awesome!!

We have the league's coolest owner!!!

.....and the league's drunkest punter

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, January 10, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by Peytongirl, January 10, 2012 - trolling
Pats drafts for the last 4 or 5 years have been worse than ours on many picks. No thanks. Get in the game, son! Heh, heh.

maybe thats why irsay wanted him. he'd fit right in with the colts way.....1 and done

aiyiyi.......media attempt to work the Colts - Pats rivalry into this.

imo, many east coast news folks are Pats fans

Anyway, that was a flagrantly misleading tweet.........he didn't reject the job. He declined the opportunity to interview

Anyway, that was a flagrantly misleading tweet.........he didn't reject the job. He declined the opportunity to interview

Which means he didn't want the job. He wanted to stay with the Patriots.

There's been a lot of "flagrantly misleading" so-called news regarding the Colts lately.

For example, Irsay says that by Monday, we will have interviewed seven potential candidates. The media spins that into 'Colts will be done interviewing by Monday, expect decision midweek.' That's not what he said. He simply said that he will have interviewed seven candidates by today. Didn't say he wouldn't interview more, didn't give a timeframe for when he would be done, didn't say whether there would be second interviews for a couple candidates.

And then there's the "Colts set to take Luck" story that winds up not being a story.

I wish reporters would just report, and let columnists give their opinions. There needs to be less "inference" and more straight-forward "this is what happened."

Naw, I'm in NJ.

Some of the most fearsome long-standing rivalries in the country are between NY and Boston teams. If you think that the Colts-Patriots rivalry is tough, you should see the Jets-Patriots rivalry. How about Yankees-Red Sox, Knicks-Celtics, and Bruins-Rangers. I'm quite confident that the only east cost news folks who like the Patriots are situated in New England (although any time any team - including the Colts - has a long run of success, they pick up fans all over).

I was talking about this to someone on here recently and pointed out that the ESPN studios are situated in New England, about half-way between NY and Boston. You'd have to assume that a lot of their lower level staffers are Patriots fans, but I've never noticed that influencing the broadcasts myself. On the other hand the other networks were I'm sure always based in NY (although who knows where they are nowadays).

The amount of idiocy about "Spygate" in this thread is downright pathetic.

Colt fans do realize that their own HC and GMs have said that "Spygate" did not help the Patriots win their SBs, correct?

Or that the year after "spygate" was broken, the Patriots went 18-1? Strange how not having those "tools" didn't slow them down.

Get over the hate. It's pretty lame at this point.

Regarding ESPN: The Patriots loathe ESPN, and have for a long, long time. Kraft deliberately brought CBS into the planning for his Patriots Place for a good reason.

By the way, much of Connecticut, particularly where ESPN is, is New York Giants territory. ESPN took a lot of glee in the '07 SB loss.

Haters gonna hate, though. Keep it up.