Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano says Frank Gore is "beat to crap"

RockThatBlue

Of course that's why there's been a pitch count.

It's been embarrassing to read so many posts complaining about that.   

There's a reason it was implemented in the first place......    to get Gore through the regular season AND the playoffs. 

That's why we didn't have Bradshaw since the regular season started.    We knew he couldn't get through a 16 game regular season.

Sometimes pitch counts are necessary.....    and in our case,  they are....

Hoping to see things get more evened out between Boom and Gore against Pittsburgh. Boom can tote the Rock pretty well. Only thing is his shoulder gets nicked up sometimes.  Love him in the passing game too especially with all this dink and dunking we've been doing with Hasslebeck.

He took some nasty licks during that game...those Bucs LBs were beasts. This is why it was important to get off to a good start this year....can't put anyone on a pitch count when every play our season hangs in the balance when we are 3-5 etc. He will have to get less reps down the stretch but now we are in a dog fight to win the division and we lost our back up running back...sadly I don't know when he is going to get his rest.

50 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hoping to see things get more evened out between Boom and Gore against Pittsburgh. Boom can tote the Rock pretty well. Only thing is his shoulder gets nicked up sometimes.  Love him in the passing game too especially with all this dink and dunking we've been doing with Hasslebeck.

I just hope he can secure the ball and not cough up the rock. 

I've been thinking about that one too. It may happen at some point because he is really one of the only ones left out there who already knows our offense.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened.  Hopefully he wouldn't pull his hamstring or some kind of lingering thing due to not playing.

On 12/1/2015, 12:52:07, krunk said:

Agree we don't need to pound Gore to the ground, we will need him & Boom has proven to be serviceable in the past!

Ballard isn't the answer RB's don't come back from Achillies injuries. He couldn't stay healthy for more than a week that's as likely to change as AB staying healthy. 

There are a couple of RB's sitting on PS's I'd take a look at but staff seems to like Tipton 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I guess pitch counts matter.

Strict pitch counts are kinda dumb.  When your offense is humming leave him for the entire drive.  Of course, not playing with any sizeable leads this year kind threw pitch count out the window