Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's gonna be sad day when Peyton and Brady are gone

Kyle234

Let's not have a discussion about who's better or whatever, but instead take some time to appreciate that we've seen two of the best QBs go at it time and time again. I don't think any two QBs that are currently in the league will be able to fill the void Peyton and Brady will leave when they retire. Every match up they had was legendary. Peyton has been on 10 win teams every year except 2, Brady every year except one. The accomplishments these two guys have are legendary. We won't see two quarterbacks like this for a long time, IMO. Instead of bashing them, blah blah Peyton is so old or blah blah Brady's a cheat, we should just sit back and appreciate the fact that for the past 15 years, we've seen an AFC dominated by the two best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this went down hill fast. A shame as this was one of the best rivalries in all of sports IMO but some I guess can't see past the stuff that OP wished to avoid in this thread. I am bummed to not get Brady/Manning #17.

Oh, well excuse us for jumping up & down for joy when Brady retires. He's only terrorized the Colts over 15 years.

I, for one, am ready for it to END! The quicker, the better. I really feel for the sentiment of being "bummed". Not going to find any sympathy here.

Oh, well excuse us for jumping up & down for joy when Brady retires. He's only terrorized the Colts over 15 years.

I, for one, am ready for it to END! The quicker, the better. I really feel for the sentiment of being "bummed". Not going to find any sympathy here.

All bad things eventually will come to an end !

Meh. They are replaceable just like players of the past. People once wondered who was going to replace Montana, Marino and Elway.

Good point. The game will go on. The young QBs are already poised to be the next generation with Cam, Russell, Luck, Mariota, Winston. It will be a good transition to these guys. I love watching them all play.

i won't miss Brady one single bit. he brings nothing of importance to the game and is just a cheater and part of the sleazy pats. Good riddance when he retires.

My thoughts too. I might throw a party when I hear Brady is finally hanging it up.

I do get OPs point though, might not see a Brady vs Peyton type rivalry ever again. Or at least not for a long time.

Well this went down hill fast. A shame as this was one of the best rivalries in all of sports IMO but some I guess can't see past the stuff that OP wished to avoid in this thread. I am bummed to not get Brady/Manning #17.

Irony is Brady will go against #17. :)

Makes sense to drop this here. Brady on his feelings about not playing Manning this Sunday:

“I don’t play against that other side of the ball,” Brady said Wednesday. “There’s nobody that has more respect for Peyton than me, outside of probably his parents and his brothers. If anybody can appreciate what he’s accomplished, it’s me.”

The 17th chapter of Brady-Manning has been put on hold, perhaps permanently. Brady leads the series 11-5, overall. The two quarterbacks have split their four playoff meetings. Brady is 4-2 in Super Bowls while Manning is 1-2.

“He’s just been remarkable in every part of his career,” Brady said. “He’s been a tremendous player. It’s unfortunate that everyone deals with injuries at different times. It just happens to be this week."

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/11/25/tom-brady-on-peyton-manning-if-anybody-can-appreciate-what-hes-accomplished-its-me/

I dont know that there's ever been a rivalry like this...so many meetings and so many playoff meetings.

Peyton has the family pedigree, the Midwest icon status and the country boy style

Tom Brady is the underdog turned rich city boy style with the good looks and the flashy wife..

So many wins and records for so many years...we are not going to see a pair like this for a while

Peyton stinks, I'm waiting on his retirement announcement

Needs to put his pride aside and realize he stinks now

Maybe you should just let him make up his own mind and let him go out the way he wants.

He is one of the all time greats. When healthy he thinks he can still effective.

The day Brady retires will be a joyous moment. I can't understand why anyone would support a QB who always looks ticked off, who calls out a HC's name in an audible, who throws profanities at referees, who conspires with someone named "the Deflator," and who clearly must have had knowledge of Spy-Gate to make it work. I can't wait until Giselle divorces him after he retires -- wait for it, it will happen.

Meh. They are replaceable just like players of the past. People once wondered who was going to replace Montana, Marino and Elway.

Obviously the game will still go on but will two icon player square off so many times..?

The only young QB going right now who I'm confident will reach icon status is Andrew Luck

Mariota and Andrew Luck....They'll see each other enough..

Andrew and Russell Wilson but Seattle just doenst see the Colts much

Aaron Rodgers just never acquired a QB rival ..neither did Drew Brees

Maybe you should just let him make up his own mind and let him go out the way he wants.

He is one of the all time greats. When healthy he thinks he can still effective.

I do, too..maybe hope against hope..

But if there's an AFC title game this year that's Denver and NE..I still think its Manning vs. Brady

Let's not have a discussion about who's better or whatever, but instead take some time to appreciate that we've seen two of the best QBs go at it time and time again. I don't think any two QBs that are currently in the league will be able to fill the void Peyton and Brady will leave when they retire. Every match up they had was legendary. Peyton has been on 10 win teams every year except 2, Brady every year except one. The accomplishments these two guys have are legendary. We won't see two quarterbacks like this for a long time, IMO. Instead of bashing them, blah blah Peyton is so old or blah blah Brady's a cheat, we should just sit back and appreciate the fact that for the past 15 years, we've seen an AFC dominated by the two best quarterbacks to ever play the game.

15 years of cheating & choking  I'm over it & since my Colts QB is Luck I think once our O-line is fixed the void will be easy to fill..

The day Brady retires will be a joyous moment. I can't understand why anyone would support a QB who always looks ticked off, who calls out a HC's name in an audible, who throws profanities at referees, who conspires with someone named "the Deflator," and who clearly must have had knowledge of Spy-Gate to make it work. I can't wait until Giselle divorces him after he retires -- wait for it, it will happen.

Scumbag post of the day

Yep ^ the short version of that is that Bill's Browns were 11-5 in 94, and 4-4 at the midpoint of 95 when Modell dropped the bomb. Meanwhile he did it with Vinny Testaverde, whose good teams in New York Bill was also a part of. That other New York team wasn't known for allstar quarterbacks either (Simms, Hostetler) but they got rings. That's where Brady belongs really. He's them + the breaks.