Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Eli and the Giants beat the patriots?

RockThatBlue

I love the "Pats get all the calls" comments. Did anyone actually watch this game? The Pats had more penalties called against them than any other game all year today. They got flagged for a ton of questionable PI calls, not to mention having the potential game-salting TD called back for holding. You can't make the argument that they got away with anything today. That Beckham TD that was waived off was without question the right call. Mike Carey didn't even mince words when they brought him in. The ball was punched out as his second foot was coming down...hard to believe that was called a TD on the field.

But for the few of you who are in the "rooting for injuries" mode (classy as that is), I guess you can pray that Edelman's injury is a season-ender. If that's the case, the Pats are going to come back to the pack quick.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless when the Pats play an actual opponent they're gonna be in trouble. Paper tigers.

Indy.

Bills.

Jets.

Giants.

Dolphins.

None of those are truly bad teams. Stud defenses in some of those teams. Giants have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

Heart attack of a game.

The Patriots need their O-line back (missing three starters, one who is on IR.). Collins was out.

No Edelman for most of the game.

When healthy , they'll be fine.

Just a road caution here : Patriots may go undefeated, as long as Tommy-Boy stays healthy. One wrong move on one wrong play sends them packing. Just thought I'd throw out that small little detail.

What ticks me off though is how reckless Brady is though. I've never seen a QB do so many short yard sneaking situations. Don't get me wrong, he's great at it, but if he's serious about playing for 10 or more years, he needs to stop that.

What ticks me off though is how reckless Brady is though. I've never seen a QB do so many short yard sneaking situations. Don't get me wrong, he's great at it, but if he's serious about playing for 10 or more years, he needs to stop that.

Yep. Designed that way for multiple reasons ... Ws. Usually, and I mean usually, the law of averages catches up with anyone or anything. The short yardage plays of dinks & dunks along with their runs, slants, side-outs, and occasional long ball & hurry-ups are a perfect recipe for the Patriots game plans v. anyone. It's the escalated West Coast offense x ten. The ingenious part of all of this is the continued ill prepared opponents standing down. The Giants are the only ones who "consistently" play toe to toe with them.

That's Tom Coughlin at his best. Eli, too.

That is who the Giants are this year. They lose late in games with bad coaching and bad playing. The Pats will make you pay for that and they did on both sides of the ball.

Goodness gracious, am. Don't you ever give credit to another team? Dropping an interception and a bad call on Beckham in the end zone is NOT bad coaching. Bad play on the drop, maybe. Overall, and for all intents & purposes, your Patriots got outplayed today.

Why can't you admit that every once in a while when they do?

Goodness gracious, am. Don't you ever give credit to another team? Dropping an interception and a bad call on Beckham in the end zone is NOT bad coaching. Bad play on the drop, maybe. Overall, and for all intents & purposes, your Patriots got outplayed today.

Read my post. I said bad coaching AND bad playing. The Patriots did not get outplayed as that would imply that the Giants made the plays to be had and they didn't. The Pats are team that you have to play perfect to beat as they leave no meat on the bone and of course you ignore the fact the Pats were without their best receiver in Edeman and had several other players step up. Those 27 points did not get on the board by accident. Big time plays when they need them. That has been their MO going for 15+ years now. And defense was a beast in fourth quarter.

Read my post. I said bad coaching AND bad playing. The Patriots did not get outplayed as that would imply that the Giants made the plays to be had and they didn't. The Pats are team that you have to play perfect to beat as they leave no meat on the bone and of course you ignore the fact the Pats were without their best receiver in Edeman and had several other players step up. Those 27 points did not get on the board by accident. Big time plays when they need them. That has been their MO going for 15+ years now. And defense was a beast in fourth quarter.

You took the bait, and got hooked. You just proved my point. Thanks.

Sorry if this upsets all of you, but Patriots are going undefeated.

After today I wouldn't doubt it. Giants with poor clock management, Odell gets a TD overturned, dropped INT, Tom converts a 4th and 10, Pats make a 53 yard FG, etc.. At this point the Pats could probably be in a game where they have 4th and 30 down by 6 and Tom would throw it to Gronk for 31 yards and the game winning TD  haha

How was that a bad call on Odel? Butler hit the ball out of his hand as his second foot was coming down. Clear as day that it was incomplete.

Giants played great overall . Injuries are starting to mount on the Patriots.

Which isn't remotely true, and is laughingly false in today's game. Giants for all the lame PI calls. Beckham pushed off , but Butler was called for PI? Please .

Odell TD gets overturned when it was ruled a TD, That was a catch. Nuff said but I shouldn't be a cry baby about this anymore as to me the Giants just blew the game and had it won on several occasions. I'll just go ahead and be a man about it and congratulate you on the win. Tom did get you guys in FG range and converted a huge 4th and 10 so he came up big. My predictions stunk bigtime this week but it happens.

How was that a bad call on Odel? Butler hit the ball out of his hand as his second foot was coming down. Clear as day that it was incomplete.

First off, he did have both feet down before the ball came out. Second, it was overturned because it was concluded that he didn't complete a "runner" establishment. But last week, and several weeks ago in different games it's ruled touchdowns.

At least you gave credit to the Giants play, VL. A tip of the hat to you.

First off, he did have both feet down before the ball came out. Second, it was overturned because it was concluded that he didn't complete a "runner" establishment. But last week, and several weeks ago in different games it's ruled touchdowns.

At least you gave credit to the Giants play, VL. A tip of the hat to you.

I know the REFS are very inconsistent on that call. I have seen it ruled a TD as well. The way I look at it when it's that close you have to stick to the ruling on the field and they ruled it a catch was my main point earlier. Had they ruled it incomplete to begin with then I would've been ok with the call.

I just heard that it's a broken bone in his foot. Probable return for the playoffs . That hurts.

Sorry about that, man. Seriously. No worries, though. Your Patriots always seem to compensate next man-up & consistently perform at a high level. Anyway, who backs Edelman, if anyone, and who can be inserted to sub for him?

It's gonna be tough. Lewis was a big loss, Solder was significant. Edelman's absence will be felt. 

Brady was a bit off his usual level of play today. He made some really good throws, but he also uncharacteristically did not take very good care of the football. Stephen Gostkowski is a hero though. 

It's gonna be tough. Lewis was a big loss, Solder was significant. Edelman's absence will be felt. 

Brady was a bit off his usual level of play today. He made some really good throws, but he also uncharacteristically did not take very good care of the football. Stephen Gostkowski is a hero though. 

You know your football club is playing well when a QB throws for over 200 yds in the 4th quarter and is considered "a bit off his usual self."

They did beat them. Refs just decide to cheat on Odell TD catch. Wasn't going to ground so play is dead after 2nd foot touches ground, also doesn't have to maintain the catch all the way thru if not going to the ground. I mean, that's the messy excuse we got for that Golden Tate stuff a few weeks back. That game was over. But people love to sit on Brady lap and ride him so nobody gonna admit it.

Odell had the ball in possession longer than golden Tate did and they went all week and got these officials to reiterate the rules over and over....and after all of that, they still rule in favor of NE. I bet if that was anther team they would've ruled TD. Bcuz they clearly knew it was a TD, that's why they called it a TD on the field. Then they gathered together and did that stuff the commercials show us that they be doing.

Odell had the ball in possession longer than golden Tate did and they went all week and got these officials to reiterate the rules over and over....and after all of that, they still rule in favor of NE. I bet if that was anther team they would've ruled TD. Bcuz they clearly knew it was a TD, that's why they called it a TD on the field. Then they gathered together and did that stuff the commercials show us that they be doing.

You didn't see the play did you? One red was calling it incomplete then the conferred and called it a TD.

That said I no longer get what a catch is anymore in the NFL.

Why didn't the Giants just kneel between the hashmarks three times and kick the FG? Don't even go for the TD. Just set up one run play for your FG kicker (who has been perfect all season!) at whatever part of the field he wants to kick the ball, then let him go to work.

Why didn't the Giants just kneel between the hashmarks three times and kick the FG? Don't even go for the TD. Just set up one run play for your FG kicker (who has been perfect all season!) at whatever part of the field he wants to kick the ball, then let him go to work.

Great question!! Leave no time for Brady, mind you why take the risk of a tip and INT at that point

That is who the Giants are this year. They lose late in games with bad coaching and bad playing. The Pats will make you pay for that and they did on both sides of the ball.

Yep, teams cannot afford to make mistakes or miscues against the Patriots. Things like Collins not getting that INT or Beckham not scoring that last TD. Butler was hanging all over him, for him not to tuck that ball in amazes me. That's on Beckham 100% for not protecting the ball with a defender draped all over him and a great play by Butler to keep being aggressive and not giving up. Stupid things like that is why teams lose against the Patriots. The Patriots just simply don't make many mistakes at all and 90% of the time will capitalize on opposing teams mistakes.

I didn't think there were really many bad calls in this game, I actually agree that Beckham didn't hold it long enough for a TD.  And I HATE the Pats.  What I find incredible is the consistent amount of good breaks they seem to get.  I know "they" say you make your own luck.  But I'm starting to wonder.  When I see fumbles that the other teams can't ever seem to pounce on, INT's that would win the game that they can't seem to hold onto, just unimaginable poor clock management at the end of games that would help you beat them, poor play calling and bad situational football, etc.  Let alone the Pats are good enough on their own merit to beat you.  You do NOT need to give them any help yet teams just consistently seem to offer it up.  I can't figure it out.  Seattle in the Superbowl last season.  The Colts with the "fake punt" or whatever that was.  Teams just seem to go dumb and make mistakes when they play the Pats and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Call it karma, call it luck, a deal with the devil, something is up.  Pats will likely win the Superbowl again because hell........teams will help them win it.

I didn't think there were really many bad calls in this game, I actually agree that Beckham didn't hold it long enough for a TD.  And I HATE the Pats.  What I find incredible is the consistent amount of good breaks they seem to get.  I know "they" say you make your own luck.  But I'm starting to wonder.  When I see fumbles that the other teams can't ever seem to pounce on, INT's that would win the game that they can't seem to hold onto, just unimaginable poor clock management at the end of games that would help you beat them, poor play calling and bad situational football, etc.  Let alone the Pats are good enough on their own merit to beat you.  You do NOT need to give them any help yet teams just consistently seem to offer it up.  I can't figure it out.  Seattle in the Superbowl last season.  The Colts with the "fake punt" or whatever that was.  Teams just seem to go dumb and make mistakes when they play the Pats and I cannot for the life of me figure it out.  Call it karma, call it luck, a deal with the devil, something is up.  Pats will likely win the Superbowl again because hell........teams will help them win it.

LOL at the bolded. I can see your face with that intonation. I'd call the play trying to get a 1st down with 12 men on the field. It was just bad execution on the colts part- nothing to do with the Patriots. 12 you snap it- 11 you don't   :)

It's not so much you make your own luck as being prepared. Fumbles are hard to control but being aware (coaching) helps.

LOL at the bolded. I can see your face with that intonation. I'd call the play trying to get a 1st down with 12 men on the field. It was just bad execution on the colts part- nothing to do with the Patriots. 12 you snap it- 11 you don't   :)

It's not so much you make your own luck as being prepared. Fumbles are hard to control but being aware (coaching) helps.

Thank goodness you said, "12 men", instead of "12th man". Texas A&M is on the prowl.

Because the Pats had two timeouts and the two minute warning. If they kneel down then the Pats use their timeouts and get the two minute warning so the Giants kick the FG with 2:00 to go and Brady still gets the ball to go down the field and win with a FG. The more I have thought about it. It was the right play to go for the TD there but the Pats pass defense was just too good. I might have tried at least one run maybe on second down or even a screen. Even their formations were spread so the Pats knew the pass was coming. You have to disguise better down there.

Because the Pats had two timeouts and the two minute warning. If they kneel down then the Pats use their timeouts and get the two minute warning so the Giants kick the FG with 2:00 to go and Brady still gets the ball to go down the field and win with a FG. The more I have thought about it. It was the right play to go for the TD there but the Pats pass defense was just too good. I might have tried at least one run maybe on second down or even a screen. Even their formations were spread so the Pats knew the pass was coming. You have to disguise better down there.

I had a feeling when Tom got it back with 147 only needing a FG the Giants were in trouble. Well you guys are 9-0 and really only have 2 more games on your schedule you may lose IMO at Denver and at NY Jets. The way Denver played yesterday you guys should definitely be favored now. I have been saying Denver all season but yesterday was bad haha.

If someone does knock the Pats off, it will have to play sound football: no penalties or minimal penalties, good defense against the run and pass, good special teams, running game and mirror the "dink and "dunk" possession type of offense that NE does. 

I do think the Colts can do this. Maybe Denver Cincy or Pittsburg. Karma for the Pats would not be to lose a regular season game but to repeat the 2008 SB and have them lose in the playoffs. How sweet would that be?

Calm down kiddo.

Run the ball for over 100 yards. Pressure Brady. Pats become basic.

Like I said when you have a team that is complete the Pats are mortal.

Kiddo? Quit belly-aching and start facing the truth. King Brady is going 19-0, because no team had the complete package in order to beat the Patriots. Certainly not in the AFC anyway. Maybe the Panthers, Cardinals or Giants can do it on their best day (and the Patriots' worst), but it wont come to that. The Pats wont be beaten this season.

Kiddo? Quit belly-aching and start facing the truth. King Brady is going 19-0, because no team had the complete package in order to beat the Patriots. Certainly not in the AFC anyway. Maybe the Panthers, Cardinals or Giants can do it on their best day (and the Patriots' worst), but it wont come to that. The Pats wont be beaten this season.

Yeah? This is what I saw several years ago, as well, and plastered all over the United States. Remember 18-1 ?