Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Eli and the Giants beat the patriots?

RockThatBlue

To beat the Pats you have to be at least a good team. Here are some stats on the Giants this year:

New York Giants: 32nd in Yards Allowed

New York Giants: 19th in Points Allowed

New York Giants: 32nd in 3rd Down Percentage Allowed

New York Giants: 31st in Passing Yards Allowed

New York Giants: 32nd in Sacks

New York Giants: 21st in Offense (yards)

In a nutshell, they are a terrible team. Any given Sunday certainly applies but I think the game stays close in the first half and the Pats pull away in the second half.

The Gints have better counter intelligence. Coughlin > BB

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach vs. coach - NY 5 vs. NE 1 in 6 games

You must be counting SB's which are a different animal.

Oh wait I see what you did, you're counting Coughlin in Jax  vs BB in Cleveland for two games.1995

That's really rich. 

place your bets folks folks- just use history- even ancient history..like 20 years ago .  :sip:

Eli is unpredictable, NE has no running attack and the D is suspect, Brady has been getting hit and his receivers are dropping theball more often this year. I give the game to the NY defense, chase Brady and they will win. Go Giants!!

Any team can win any Sunday! But no running attack? They just ran for 148 yards last week and before that the run was not the game plan.

The D gets crapped on a lot but they are #5 in scoring D and #2 in sacks. If any QB running for his life my money be on Eli.

Also the Giants have 9 sacks all year 9!! Chandler Jones has more sacks than their entire D!

Any team can win any Sunday! But no running attack? They just ran for 148 yards last week and before that the run was not the game plan.

The D gets crapped on a lot but they are #5 in scoring D and #2 in sacks. If any QB running for his life my money be on Eli.

Also the Giants have 9 sacks all year 9!! Chandler Jones has more sacks than their entire D!

This post reminds me of Brady from this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ08dXvy6EU

Oh wait I see what you did, you're counting Coughlin in Jax  vs BB in Cleveland for two games.1995

That's really rich. 

place your bets folks folks- just use history- even ancient history..like 20 years ago .  :sip:

Man vs. man, the record does not start half way through ones career now does it?

Man vs. man, the record does not start half way through ones career now does it?

and coaches don't put on pads and play each other.

I mean you can have your coach vs coach record even with another team from 20 years ago for whatever that's worth which is nothing but that will have zero impact on the game to be played coming up.

but hey- whatever makes you happy :)

Oh wait I see what you did, you're counting Coughlin in Jax vs BB in Cleveland for two games.1995

That's really rich.

place your bets folks folks- just use history- even ancient history..like 20 years ago . :sip:

Oh coaches to coaches, That doesn't count

Oh SB, that doesn't count ( why because you got beat ?)

What else would you like to count?.

and coaches don't put on pads and play each other.

I mean you can have your coach vs coach record even with another team from 20 years ago for whatever that's worth which is nothing but that will have zero impact on the game to be played coming up.

but hey- whatever makes you happy :)

The truth lies in the numbers whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago. Players and coaches never, ever forget a loss. Perhaps if you ever competed at anything you would not have to be told that.

The truth lies in the numbers whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago. Players and coaches never, ever forget a loss. Perhaps if you ever competed at anything you would not have to be told that.

Oh you're talking about some completive nature stored in the mind on various losses/records. I assumed you meant past records indicate who will win a given game coming up which it doesn't of course.

There may be some sort of memory there. I highly doubt BB dwells on that- it's not his nature. Players? they weren't even round for those games save 1 or 2 but clearly not 20 years ago.

Coaches focus on preparing the team and the players focus on executing the up coming game. Not some memory.

Miami was 18-1 in  the Orange Bowl vs NE and every year the media asked the players and it was the same answer- either they weren't around or they don't even think about those things- just the upcoming game. the Media makes all the hay on those things and most fans follow suite.

Just like the media and fans talk about trap games. Traps games don't exist. It's all in the minds of the media and fans who succumb to them.

I will say this football is a strange sport at times. The Patriots have our number in the Luck ERA but yet we have the Broncos number, Ravens usually play the Patriots tough and have even beat them in the Playoffs a couple of times over the years but yet we own the Ravens when Peyton was here and Luck even beat the Ravens last season, Giants have owned the Patriots somehow over the years but yet the Giants basically always finish around .500 or just a little better. Not much of it makes sense but that is Football for you. I really thought there was no way that the Giants would beat the Pats in that 2nd SB especially after the Giants ruined their undefeated season in the 1st SB. Glad I am not betting man money wise on games because I would've put a hefty amount on the Pats in that game and gave up the points. The spread was less than 7 in that 2nd SB. I thought the Pats would win by at least 7. 

I will say this football is a strange sport at times. The Patriots have our number in the Luck ERA but yet we have the Broncos number, Ravens usually play the Patriots tough and have even beat them in the Playoffs a couple of times over the years but yet we own the Ravens when Peyton was here and Luck even beat the Ravens last season, Giants have owned the Patriots somehow over the years but yet the Giants basically always finish around .500 or just a little better. Not much of it makes sense but that is Football for you. I really thought there was no way that the Giants would beat the Pats in that 2nd SB especially after the Giants ruined their undefeated season in the 1st SB. Glad I am not betting man money wise on games because I would've put a hefty amount on the Pats in that game and gave up the points. The spread was less than 7 in that 2nd SB. I thought the Pats would win by at least 7.

Some teams just match up better against certain teams than other teams.

Just wear the same lavender suit you beat the Bucs in JPP. As my professor Dr. Robbins used to say, "dress for the position you aspire to achieve in life" or just dress to bring the heat on & off the field my man. 

I can't root against Big Blue like ever. Sharp dressed man Mr. Paul. Oh yeah...

19152964-standard.jpg

Absolutely not.

Did you guys see what the Saints did to that pathetic defense?

Granted, I do not expect Brady to throw 7 TD's against them and the game to be tight like that, but the Giants defense is absolutely horrendous. It was horrendous before they played the Saints.

DALLAS should have beat them if Matt Cassell don't toss those two picks. 

Dallas rushed over 233 yards on the ground over that defense, and New Orleans threw for 500 yards on them.

Their defense is terrible. This might be a close game at first but I expect the Patriots to put their foot down and bury them. 

Every year that pathetic Giants team is made out to be so good, but they truly are the luckiest team ever win a Super Bowl, especially the second one. if Assante Samuel don't drop that pick, or if Mike McCarthy could actually coach well in 2007, they lose. And if the Saints would have just held on a tad bit longer vs SF in 2011, we would have slaughtered that pathetic 9-7 team in the NFCCG. 

Pats will sink them, and the Giants aren't finishing better than 8-8 this year. 

Oh yeah, and you're welcome for exposing their pass defense for what garbage it is. 

Yes, I did Bogie. However, I also saw DC Rob Ryan not stop the G-Men's offense at all for 4 full Qtrs. as well my friend. 

Personally, I think Eli is in Brady's head as in, this is the QB you can't spell elite without the 1st 3 letters of Manning's 1st name since he took away 2 rings from Tommy. Besides, the regular season is pointless. We all know Eli gets dangerous & hot when the games really matter anyway.

Wake me up in December, when I know Eli's ready to mess with Brady's psyche again. It's a head game thing not a roster configuration thing to me. 

Big Blue will win the NFC East especially after WR Dez Bryant's unraveling in the locker room at a reporter over his teams lousy year. Dallas is done & Philly doesn't scare me either. 

Once the Giants win their division & they will, all NE fans will collectively say in silence under their breath "Oh crap! He's back & on the prowl again. " I love it! 

Just wear the same lavender suit you beat the Bucs in JPP. As my professor Dr. Robbins used to say, "dress for the position you aspire to achieve in life" or just dress to bring the heat on & off the field my man. 

I can't root against Big Blue like ever. Sharp dressed man Mr. Paul. Oh yeah...

19152964-standard.jpg

It stands to reason that if JPP looks fly before the game, he will fly or sack Brady during the game right? Wishful thinking perhaps, but I revere this guy right up there with Tuck, Osi, & Strahan from the good old days...

Lenny Kravitz you wanna take this one? Be my guest...

Here JPP comes Tommy...Wham! Sack! Sit tight Brady....JPP will be right back son...Wham! Told ya so dude.  haha

When media pundits prematurely give the Patriots a W in the victory column, Eli usually has a game for the ages. Call me crazy, but I feel good about Tom Couglin's team tomorrow. 

Eli knows what time it is... Another Ah shucks another nail bitter "I did it my way" result in the end. Sweet...

Slickest cheetahs around.

Thanks for explaining that joke MOW. I starred at that image forever in IWF's Meme thread & I was just dumbfounded as to what it meant.  JJ wasn't the only member perplexed by that post. Trust me. 

As my father would say, "You can send your kid to school & still not teach them anything." Translation: An educated fool inside joke. All the brains in the world & my son is stumped by a cheetah/cheater joke.  haha

Book smart & common sense street smart are never the same thing. I know; I know Pops. 

The Gints have better counter intelligence. Coughlin > BB

LOL! When I read this post, I kept humming the "Mission Impossible II" theme in my head. Last You Tube post on this page I promise...Espionage is my thing in movies, but that's another story for another thread. 

The thundering drums & guitar riff is for when Mr. Uggs is taken down repeatedly for a loss tomorrow. Yeah, I don't care for Cruise very much, but this score always gets my blood pumping for mayhem & chaos on the D line. 

Hans Zimmer who composed the score for MI 2 kicks you know what...Coughlin...you know what must be done. Enough said. 

Thanks for explaining that joke MOW. I starred at that image forever in IWF's Meme thread & I was just dumbfounded as to what it meant.  JJ wasn't the only member perplexed by that post. Trust me. 

As my father would say, "You can send your kid to school & still not teach them anything." Translation: An educated fool inside joke. All the brains in the world & my son is stumped by a cheetah/cheater joke.  haha

Book smart & common sense street smart are never the same thing. I know; I know Pops. 

LOL. You of all people. Glad I wasn't alone :) Sarcastic humor is not my strong suite.  Now the Honeymooners I split my sides laughing :)

Personally, I think Eli is in Brady's head as in, this is the QB you can't spell elite without the 1st 3 letters of Manning's 1st name since he took away 2 rings from Tommy. Besides, the regular season is pointless. We all know Eli gets dangerous & hot when the games really matter anyway.

Wake me up in December, when I know Eli's ready to mess with Brady's psyche again. It's a head game thing not a roster configuration thing to me. 

Big Blue will win the NFC East especially after WR Dez Bryant's unraveling in the locker room at a reporter over his teams lousy year. Dallas is done & Philly doesn't scare me either. 

Once the Giants win their division & they will, all NE fans will collectively say in silence under their breath "Oh crap! He's back & on the prowl again. " I love it!

Gawd, how I love these last 3 sentences, SW1! And I'm hoping if they do play each other, again, the Pats come out of it @ 0-3. That would make my year. Heck, anyone winning the upcoming Super Bowl, if it's against New England, would do that.