Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can Eli and the Giants beat the patriots?

RockThatBlue

So Giants score a TD that gets reversed that would've put them up by more than a FG, what a joke! Then the Pats have 4th and 10 and Amendola gets 12. They are the luckiest team I have ever seen. Giants got screwed on that call. They ruled it a TD so you cant reverse it.

All scoring plays go under review, so that didn't mean much.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't play CAR or CIN. The Giants are their toughest opponent matchup wise and they just won a game that came down to one play. (Like they do 99% of the time)

PIT with or DAL with Romo maybe. But Dallas had no QB.

Nobody on their remaining schedule matches up with NE whatsoever.

Bills - W

Broncos - W

Eagles - W

Texans - W

Titans - W

Jets - W

Mia - W

I kind of disagree. I think the bills and jets can beat them. Not saying they will but the bills and jets are no slouches.

I know, it's ridiculous. Pats always find a way.

If they don't find a way, the other team drops it or gives it to them or some other bull crap. That's the part that's maddening. 

Pats games go one of 5 ways:

-Pats snowball curbstomp opponent. -Frequent

-Pats find a way with a great play late. -Sometimes

-Pats don't find a way, other team does something incredibly stupid playcalling or penalty wise. - Frequent

-Pats don't find a way, other team drops an INT or a game winning TD. - Sometimes

-Pats don't find a way, other team doesn't give it to them, refs bail them out. (Rare, partially happened tonight though it didn't end the game.)

Other teams always, ALWAYS do stupid stuff against them or drop game winners and we're no exception. We made a game of it even after we got screwed by the refs on the onside kick that we clearly had. It was still a game until that boneheaded fake punt.

If they don't find a way, the other team drops it or gives it to them. If they do That's the part that's maddening. 

Pats games go one of 5 ways:

-Pats snowball curbstomp opponent. -Frequent

-Pats find a way with a great play late. -Sometimes

-Pats don't find a way, other team does something incredibly stupid playcalling or penalty wise. - Frequent

-Pats don't find a way, other team drops an INT or a game winning TD. - Sometimes

-Pats don't find a way, other team doesn't give it to them, refs bail them out. (Rare)

Other teams always, ALWAYS do stupid stuff against them or drop game winners and we're no exception. We made a game of it even after we got screwed by the refs on the onside kick that we clearly had. It was still a game until that boneheaded fake punt.

Yeah I know real maddening just like our silly fake punt. Oh well it is what it is.

I don't care at this point. I hate the team from top to bottom. I'm the kind of guy that cheers injuries if it helps your team, lol.

Ya know I'm actually going to back you up. You're definitely not being PC but I'm going to be non-PC too in backing you up. :)  You're pretty young but back in the day defense job was to knock players out of the game- especially a good QB.

I still like you  :76evil:  

The Patriots should NOT have won this game. Unbelievable. 

Beckham gets a ball knocked out but the exact same play happened a couple weeks ago with Golden Tate and they called it a touchdown because he didn't go to the ground. 

Then, Landon Collins drops a SURE interception.

If this team can survive that, I don't see how they lose this season.

Ya know I'm actually going to back you up. You're definitely not being PC but I'm going to be non-PC too in backing you up. :)  You're pretty young but back in the day defense job was to knock players out of the game- especially a good QB.

I still like you  :76evil:  

If it makes you feel better, it's not limited to the Pats.

I crack smiles whenever I see Romo go down and miss significant periods of time. Which was directly responsible for them losing 7 straight this year.

Although he comes back next week, where he'll proceed to curbstomp Miami, so that will come to a crashing halt.

Why don't more teams copy the New England Patriots template of signing short white speedy players? Amendola, Edelman, Welker, Woodhead...

And here's a funny coincidence: Who have the Colts fans been singing their praises for lately?... Griff Whalen. He's doing a lot of what New England's receivers are doing -- moving the chains with short sure-handed catches.

So Giants score a TD that gets reversed that would've put them up by more than a FG, what a joke! Then the Pats have 4th and 10 and Amendola gets 12. They are the luckiest team I have ever seen. Giants got screwed on that call. They ruled it a TD so you cant reverse it.

That was the right call.

Man, what a game!  My heart was beating so fast at the end.

A few thoughts. Brady got in the Giants head at the end. They should have run but did not want to as they wanted the TD so Brady would not need just a FG to beat them. And what a play by Butler to knock the ball out of Beckham's hands. He played him great all day.

Unbelievable how well the Giants played in this game but the Pats were resilient got huge plays from Amendola, Gronk and LaFell.

Defense stepped by big in second half which was the key to the win. Good to see as this team will need this D to play like to get back to the bowl.

Great to be 9-0! 

Between the terrible interpretation of the rules, terrible refereeing, and lack of entertainment, the NFL is starting to lose me as a fan.

Idk how many more seasons I'll be watching. I already cancelled Sunday Ticket a couple years ago.

A lot of my friends have turned away too.

I wonder how long the NFL is going to survive.

Why don't more teams copy the New England Patriots template of signing short white speedy players? Amendola, Edelman, Welker, Woodhead...

And here's a funny coincidence: Who have the Colts fans been singing their praises for lately?... Griff Whalen. He's doing a lot of what New England's receivers are doing -- moving the chains with short sure-handed catches.

The Giants have the opposite mentality. Their receivers are big play-making spectacular catching WR's. Problem is this is a very dangerous way of playing football. I'll take the team who throws short passes to move the chains over the occasional deep completion receivers any day.

I'd take OB Jr & Randle any day over LaFell/Dobson....of course I'd still have both Amendola and Edelman in there too. :)

Don't understand why the Giants didn't run the ball a couple of times with first and goal and over 2 mins left. Even if they didn't make it in, it would have left Brady less time to get it in field goal range. Kinda reminded me of the SB when Seattle HANDED them another ring.

It's always been normal to hate a team that wins all of the time, but this team is different; so much wondering how much cheating they did during Belicheck's reign. 

Don't understand why the Giants didn't run the ball a couple of times with first and goal and over 2 mins left. Even if they didn't make it in, it would have left Brady less time to get it in field goal range. Kinda reminded me of the SB when Seattle HANDED them another ring.

It's always been normal to hate a team that wins all of the time, but this team is different; so much wondering how much cheating they did during Belicheck's reign.

Seattle handed them a ring? It looked to me like they threw them the ring LOL

Man, what a game!  My heart was beating so fast at the end.

A few thoughts. Brady got in the Giants head at the end. They should have run but did not want to as they wanted the TD so Brady would not need just a FG to beat them. And what a play by Butler to knock the ball out of Beckham's hands. He played him great all day.

Unbelievable how well the Giants played in this game but the Pats were resilient got huge plays from Amendola, Gronk and LaFell.

Defense stepped by big in second half which was the key to the win. Good to see as this team will need this D to play like to get back to the bowl.

Great to be 9-0! 

Also aided by a dropped interception and an unclutch defense on 4th and 10. And not wrapping up Amendola at the end when he got into FG range.

They did today, Giants had it won on 3 different occasions and couldn't  seal the deal. It wasn't nothing the Pats did. Odell TD overturned, poor clock management, and a dropped INT. Like I said sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Giants got lucky in those SB's so it happens.

The Giants have had issues all year closing out games.

Also aided by a dropped interception and an unclutch defense on 4th and 10. And not wrapping up Amendola at the end when he got into FG range.

Pats had their fair share of bad plays too. The holding call on Stork that would have given then an 8 point lead, the ridiculous PI calls the kept extending drives for the Giants, the strip sack. Both teams overall competed. It was a hard fought game with the Pats making the plays at the end to win.

Been saying this for a while. Apart from a couple of notches on the schedule, nobody else has much has a prayer.

If DEN ever got some semblance of offense, they'd have a shot but....

Plus, Peyton is getting older with each game. I suspect in next week's game he will have grey hair, his next game will showcase white hair, and the game after that he will have a walking cane.