Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If thats the best the AFC has to offer then I think we'll be alright

CR91

Luck came back and is playing hurt still,..so i think he'll turn out ok.   300+ yards 3td's, no picks yells improvement over his first 2 games.

The o-line is manhandling defenses right now in the run game for the past few weeks.

The d-line is playing hard nosed, and the linebackers are playing decent for the most part.  Not alot of pass rush today from the lb'ing corp, but that's because the were buisy covering gronk and RB's....and did a pretty darn good job there over all.

The DB's started the game badly,...the 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter..they woke up and started playing lights out.  they were all over thier assignments...they were the reason NE stopped scoring and kept k\giving Indy chance after chance in the 4th to make something happen.

I hope geathers and lowery are alright,...they are big pieces to our defense if we want to keep things going.  ( Colt Anderson did make one heck of a tackle on the scfreen play, but um...yeah...accepted a hike at the QB position.....)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you can only beat the teams on your schedule. Fact remains some teams have softer schedules.

Yes, like our schedule vs the bills and jets with weak qbs and the whole AFC South already. One tough match out of 6. So you are right, some teams do have softer schedules and we have yet to win a game this year outside the AFC South. This is coming from someone who is optimistic following the game yesterday. Hopefully we can win these upcoming games.

I'll put it as simply as I can, then. These teams you are ridiculing, both of whom beat us, no less... We are only ahead of them because we play in the AFC South. Without our blankie, the AFC South, both teams would be ahead of us in an AFC wide playoff race. If we had to fight them for a wild card, that is.

and Ill put it as simply as I can. their not making the playoffs

Yes, like our schedule vs the bills and jets with weak qbs and the whole AFC South already. One tough match out of 6. So you are right, some teams do have softer schedules and we have yet to win a game this year outside the AFC South. This is coming from someone who is optimistic following the game yesterday. Hopefully we can win these upcoming games.

You and me both.

No I am sorry, I am talking about The pats Olineman who came in after the first quarter. he was the PS guy. (Whose name escapes me lol) so the pats O line was 3 rookies, a PS guy, and Vollmer lol

The Colts D is vastly improved and you guys be in the playoffs easily!

That's not just any PS guy.  Cameron Fleming has been on that team since last year, and he played a pretty good role in Blount running all over us last year.  They didn't just call up some bum with no experience.

The Jets are 4-1 why are you saying they are not making the playoffs? They have a better record than some teams leading their division. Or the same record (Atlanta,colts for example)

one they havent beaten anyone. two they still have to play the pats twice, bills twice a cowboy team with dez and romo back.

They beat us. What does that say abouut us? lol

Both teams are ahead of us in the AFC playoff race.

The jets and bills are not ahead of us in the AFC playoff race. We are a Div leader. We get a home game against them come the playoffs. Take a look at seatle, they are worse shape than a s and I don't see them getting written off like our own fans are doing to Indy.

Take a look at seatle, they are worse shape than a s and I don't see them getting written off .

Well, if the Colts were remotely as talented as Seattle, if they had Seattle's coaching, if the Colts had been to the last two Super Bowls, winning one, they would probably get the benefit of the doubt too.

That's not just any PS guy. Cameron Fleming has been on that team since last year, and he played a pretty good role in Blount running all over us last year. They didn't just call up some bum with no experience.

If he was that good some other team would have snatched him up off the PS. That said he did very well last night.

Also to the OP if it makes you feel better the next time you face the Pats (if that happens) the Pats will have our starting Center back in Stork along with the RT Kline, so Brady will have even more time. also Sheard will be back and in the backfield harassing Luck as well. Oh and the secondary will have jelled as Brown replacement will be fully up to speed.. See that make you feel better OP?

Also there is Cincy and Denver to deal with. Although Denver worries me less after yesterday's game.

If he was that good some other team would have snatched him up off the PS. That said he did very well last night.

Also to the OP if it makes you feel better the next time you face the Pats (if that happens) the Pats will have our starting Center back in Stork along with the RT Kline, so Brady will have even more time. also Sheard will be back and in the backfield harassing Luck as well. Oh and the secondary will have jelled as Brown replacement will be fully up to speed.. See that make you feel better OP?

Also there is Cincy and Denver to deal with. Although Denver worries me less after yesterday's game.

LOL, and this and that and we'll have and we'll gel...

You have no clue what you or any other team might or might not have in 2 weeks. You can hope for all these things, but this is football. Players get injured and things don't always work the way you think they will.

Well, if the Colts were remotely as talented as Seattle, if they had Seattle's coaching, if the Colts had been to the last two Super Bowls, winning one, they would probably get the benefit of the doubt too.

I would say our offense is more talented. We went to the AFCCG. I think we can have some confidence here

LOL, and this and that and we'll have and we'll gel...

You have no clue what you or any other team might or might not have in 2 weeks. You can hope for all these things, but this is football. Players get injured and things don't always work the way you think they will.

Lol I was justbTTYING to make the original poster feel better! This is football god knows who will be playing come the playoffs... :) I also was trying to show him you didn't exactly get the Pats at anywhere near full strength either.

Lol I was justbTTYING to make the original poster feel better! This is football god knows who will be playing come the playoffs... :) I also was trying to show him you didn't exactly get the Pats at anywhere near full strength either.

Got it...

You could say this about most teams in the NFL. Luck just coming back (probably still injured) from a shoulder injury didn't help. Apparently, there were some associated with the Colts suffering from brain farts. I don't know that a brain fart is an injury in and of itself, but most likely a side effect.

Got it...

You could say this about most teams in the NFL. Luck just coming back (probably still injured) from a shoulder injury didn't help. Apparently, there were a some associated with the Colts suffering from brain farts. I don't know that a brain fart is an injury in and of itself, but most likely a side effect.

Those brain farts while one worked (the onside kick the refs messed up) they seemed to me of moves of desperation, like your coaches felt they needed trickery to win.. (At home it can work but on the road???)

No one gave us a chance to even make this game competitve let alone win and we did keep it competitve for the most part. Im proud of our guys. We played with heart and toughness and for the first time they actually played like their werent scared. like they felt like they could actually win the game.

We can't play like this on the road and especially not in Foxboro.  10 penalties, poor play calling and still no real pass rush.  Can't beat Brady without a pass rush.

I like that Pagano was aggressive.  I put the botched punt on the players.  Take the delay of game and punt the ball.  What I do like is that the Colts have not lost their swagger in what i now a mediocre season.  How is that we have such a solid game plan in the 1st half but abandon it in the 2nd half?

Those brain farts while one worked (the onside kick the refs messed up) they seemed to me of moves of desperation, like your coaches felt they needed trickery to win.. (At home it can work but on the road???)

Even though the onside kick worked (Colts recovered, just not awarded the ball), personally, I didn't like the call. But, it certainly would have helped to get the ball as the Colts should have.

I don't know about the trickery. The Colts were doing just fine up to that point. It's that "trick" that potentially cost the game.

and Ill put it as simply as I can. their not making the playoffs

Jesus quit fighting him he's right we just barely beat the jags Texans and Titans. the only damn reason we are gonna make the playoffs is cause the division is useless cause we have not accomplished anything worthwhile that a playoff team should

Jesus quit fighting him he's right we just barely beat the jags Texans and Titans. the only damn reason we are gonna make the playoffs is cause the division is useless cause we have not accomplished anything worthwhile that a playoff team should

if we're not atleast 7-4 after our next 5 games, ill agree that this team is terrible

Sheard is nothing special.  Same guy we saw at Cleveland last year, not too major. 

Point is you tried to make it seem like they just called up some guy with no experience.

Lucky to be 3 and 3 , should be 1 and 5

Sheard is nothing special. Same guy we saw at Cleveland last year, not too major.

Point is you tried to make it seem like they just called up some guy with no experience.

This year he has 4 1/2 sacks leading the Patriots, Sheard may not been special in Cleveland (who is!!) but he been a force for the Patriots.

So your saying a 3rd string RT is NOT a major hole?? Or the fact 4 out of 5olineman are either rookies or 2nd year players from the PS, is not different than having Stork,Wendell,Vollmer and Cannon in the game together?? Guess we just disagree :)

This year he has 4 1/2 sacks leading the Patriots, Sheard may not been special in Cleveland (who is!!) but he been a force for the Patriots.

So your saying a 3rd string RT is NOT a major hole?? Or the fact 4 out of 5olineman are either rookies or 2nd year players from the PS, is not different than having Stork,Wendell,Vollmer and Cannon in the game together?? Guess we just disagree :)

Again what I am saying is you are blowing it up more than it should be.  Yes you get less when you plug a guy in like that but he's been on that roster for a while and he's got some experience.  He's played in games before so he's not a bum that just came in off the streets.

Funny, now we are making excuses for NE?  Yes they didn't play their best game, but neither did we.  Way too many blown coverages especially.  They dropped some balls and we got that on side kick taken away.  I've seen Brady better, but same with Luck.  

Bottom line, we were an onside kick away.  I agree with the OP. As of right now, I'm pretty confident we'll be ok.