Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Upcoming Free Agents

Some notable free agents coming up. Any you think the Colts should target, if the player doesn't get resigned? Or if you're a fan of a different team, who do you think they should get?

Long list incoming

QB:

Sam Bradford

Brock Osweiler

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Drew Stanton

RB: 

Matt Forte

Chris Ivory

Reggie Bush

Doug Martin

Lamar Miller

Alfred Morris

LeGarrette Blount

C.J. Anderson

WR:

Anquan Boldin

Percy Harvin

Mohamed Sanu

Alshon Jeffrey

Josh Gordon

Michael Crabtree

TE: 

Antonio Gates

Vernon Davis

Marcedes Lewis

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

OT:

Russell Okung

Andre Smith

Donald Penn

Kelvin Beachum

Cordy Glenn

OG: 

Alex Boone

Evan Mathis
Brandon Brooks

Kelechi Osemele

Richie Incognito

Ronald Leary

C: 

Ben Jones

Stefen Wisniewski

DE: 

Jason Pierre-Paul

Muhammad Wilkerson

Justin Tuck

Greg Hardy

Olivier Vernon

Malik Jackson

Vinny Curry

DT: 

Haloti Ngata

Brandon Mebane

Nick Fairley

Terrance Knighton

Henry Melton

Louis Nix
OLB: 

Von Miller

Chad Greenway

Tamba Hali

Aldon Smith

Bruce Irvin

Nigel Bradham

Junior Galette

ILB: 

Derrick Johnson

Vincent Rey

Sean Weatherspoon

Rolando McClain

Demario Davis

Paul Worrilow

Brandon Marshall

CB: 

Sean Smith

Prince Amukamara

Morris Claiborne

Josh Robinson

Josh Norman

Janoris Jenkins

Brandon Boykin

Casey Hayward

Jeremy Lane

FS: 

Eric Weddle

Tashaun Gipson

Rodney McLeod

Reggie Nelson

Jaiquawn Jarrett

Louis Delmas

Husain Abdullah

Charles Woodson

SS: 

Eric Berry

George Iloka

Mark Barron

K:

Justin Tucker

Greg Zuerlein

Brandon McManus

Caleb Sturgis

Mason Crosby

P:

Shane Lechler

Marquette King

Jon Ryan

Bryan Anger

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How beautiful would it be if we signed Von Miller and Keleche Osemele?????? But if Miller don't reach FA then a more realistic option would be one of Hali or Irvin. I think Irvin would be a beast here. Galette on a 1 year deal may be a good possibility too. There's no reason we cant sign a top tier guard like Osemele. He should hit the open market. Then we need to draft a RT in the 1st or 2nd. Hopefully Grigson's gone so we can get a big name GM who'll swing for the fences. Or maybe Irsay will insist on Grigson signing a top tier guard. This should have been taken care of years ago though.

A

How beautiful would it be if we signed Von Miller and Keleche Osemele?????? But if Miller don't reach FA then a more realistic option would be one of Hali or Irvin. I think Irvin would be a beast here. Galette on a 1 year deal may be a good possibility too. There's no reason we cant sign a top tier guard like Osemele. He should hit the open market. Then we need to draft a RT in the 1st or 2nd. Hopefully Grigson's gone so we can get a big name GM who'll swing for the fences. Or maybe Irsay will insist on Grigson signing a top tier guard. This should have been taken care of years ago though.

I think our chances of getting Alex Boone are higher than Osemele. I think they're going to lock him up like they did Yanda.  I agree with you on the rest though. Go all out.

Out of the list I have to say that two of the following would be realistic and very nice pickups: D. Stanton (Hasselbeck replacement), A. Morris (depth), P. Amukamara or J. Jenkins (replace Toler), and T. Gipson (replace an aging Adams).

If Hasselbeck decides to call it quits Stanton would be a good back-up to sign to replace him.

Gipson would be a great pickup, but I would be very satisfied if we resigned Lowery (given he finishes the season strong), and place Geathers next to him.

Amukamara or Jenkins either one would be a great addition for a Toler replacement after this season. I tend to lean towards Jenkins slightly as he seems to be better in press man coverage.

After a struggling season (so far) in WAS Morris's next contract should be quite a bit cheaper. He would be a great pickup to share carries with Gore. Doug Martin might be another under the radar free agent to give us more speed and pass catching ability in the backfield.

I am also very interested to see what happens to Josh Gordon this offseason after all of his troubles, yet all of his talent. I wonder what that means contract wise.

I think we should go O-Line in the draft early and often. It is time find some permanent long term solutions on the line.

Boy would it be nice to land either M. Wilkerson or V. Miller though. Only a wish though.

Would love Justin Tucker as a replacement for Vinatieri if he retires.

Gipson is still one of my favorite safeties in the game and I wish we gave Cleveland a 2nd rounder for him.

Boykin/Lane could be nice depth for us.

Miller/Irvin could be fantastic for us but I doubt Miller hits the market.

Gordon, despite all his off the field issues, could be very nice next to TY, if the contract is cheap.

Boone/Osemele would solve our guard problem, and we could draft an OT.

Martin/Blount would be nice depth as well.

Would love Demario Davis or Paul Worrilow in the middle

Not saying we're gonna get any of them/all of them, just my two cents.  :thmup:

Signing a proven guard and a pass rusher like Irvin would be nice. I just don't know if we'll be able to because next offseason will be about taking care of our own FA (Fleener, Allen, extending Luck etc). Bottom line is we just gotta draft better.

I think we resign 1 TE and obviously Luck and have the $ left to spend it on 1-2 guys

I'd rather lock our guys up (Allen, Fleener, Luck) and sign some under the radar guys and focus on our draft. 

My Targets would be:

- Josh Robinson

- Janoris Jenkins

- Brandon Marshall

- Junior Gallette

- Vinny Curry

- LeGerrette Blount

- Reggie Bush

- Alex Boone

- Malik Jackson

- Richie Incognito

Pipe Dreams would be: Nigel Bradham, Eric Weddle, Haloti Ngata, Von Miller, Kelechi Osemele, Mo Wilkerson and Josh Norman

I would go with Cordy Glenn to be our new right Tackle. This would allow us to draft a quality guard and pass rusher in April. Justin Tucker would be a solid replacement Kicker for Vinateiri. Also would like Brandon Marshall at ILB and either Janoris Jenkins or Casey Heyward at CB, though Heyward would be tough because the Packers usually re-sign their own FA's.

Don't really seeing the Colts having much cap space to go after any big names after having to re-sign Luck,Allen and Fleener.

Don't see us resigned both TEs, seeming how both have been lackluster this season, plus Allen's injuries keep him off the field

Sure there is....

The top guard is going to command a LOT of money.     If Grigson stays,  he's shown zero interest in spending 6-8 Mill per year on a guard.

And frankly,  I don't blame him.     Most of those guys aren't worth it and don't pan out.

I don't mind spending mid-range money on a guard,  but only to a point.

By the way,  with 10 games still to go,  don't rule out the possibility that we have 4 out of the 5 spots on our OL settled.

All but Reitz.      Mewhort,  Holmes,  and Thornton may ultimately end up as our interior lineman.    I think they're beginning to come together right now.

We'll know a lot more over the next few weeks.

But finding a RT may still be a top priority this off-season.

ok my idea for the offseason would go as follows O line and RB via free agency

RBs I think we should try to find one between 24 and 28 yrs old

Chris ivory will the jets release him ?? doubt it. but if hes available a nice addition

doug martin tb will keep him but maybe..

Starks might hit the market I think he would be a serviceable pick up

lamar miller not a bad prospect

Alfred morris a solid runner but not very versatile

dunbar not to impressed with him

stevan ridley serviceable

Hillman I like Hillman and so far this year has improved ball security

turbin serviceable

pierce--??

cj Anderson I think his slump this year will make him affordable and I like his skillset

khiry robinson has a hard running style but I think no resigns him

O line

G

Osemele will demand a big contract

Boone a prospect I am big on

Larsen serviceable

foster pit wil probably resign

troutman....

RTs

I believe all 4 of these are serviceable

smith

barksdale

holmes

schwartz

I think if we can secure a solid RT and G and a decent RB in FA then we can invest the entire draft on young defensive players and really increase depth and productivity on D

although I would love von miller I think he may be a little out of our price range

draft:

1. OLB

2. OLB

3. CB

4. FS

5. SS

maybe trade up to draft a premier pass rusher

Don't really seeing the Colts having much cap space to go after any big names after having to re-sign Luck,Allen and Fleener.

Don't re-sign Allen, problem solved. Seriously, if he doesn't get it in gear this season why not use that cap space for another part of the team? He's quite talented but he's had trouble staying on the field and we could get value out of Fleener and Doyle playing with a Hilton-Moncrief-Dorsett lineup. We could use the cap space that Allen would demand on defense or the offensive line. 

Russell Okung for RT plz.

Average-good LT, a switch to RT will do wonders ala Michael Oher, except better.

If Seattle doesn't re-sign him, Okung as an RT would be really interesting. We'd have a very good set of bookends. I'd switch Thornton and Mewhort at the guard positions because in our scheme LG is the one we pull with more (Thornton is more suited to this than Mewhort) and RGs typically see more 1 on 1 pass protection scenarios (where Mewhort shines). Reitz would be the backup T, I think I might consider drafting a guy in day 2 of the draft that has experience at both guard and center (ala Nick Martin or Isaac Suemalo) to have good depth and another future starter for one of the inside positions or possibly even push for the center job as a rookie depending on how things break down.

If Seattle doesn't re-sign him, Okung as an RT would be really interesting. We'd have a very good set of bookends. I'd switch Thornton and Mewhort at the guard positions because in our scheme LG is the one we pull with more (Thornton is more suited to this than Mewhort) and RGs typically see more 1 on 1 pass protection scenarios (where Mewhort shines). Reitz would be the backup T, I think I might consider drafting a guy in day 2 of the draft that has experience at both guard and center (ala Nick Martin or Isaac Suemalo) to have good depth and another future starter for one of the inside positions or possibly even push for the center job as a rookie depending on how things break down.

I think the only way Okung signs to play RT for the Colts is if we offer him LT money.

Otherwise,  I don't think we'll have a chance with him.

Realistically. Bruce Irvin and Janoris Jenkins. Bruce Irvin would put up 10-12 plus sacks every year with us IMO. Jenkins paired with Vontae could be the best CB duo in the NFL. And we need some guys like Irving and Jenkins. We need some "mean streak" players like those 2. Some really good, Hard hitting, trash talking tough guys. I'm tired of being the nice team and getting beat.

I'd love Josh Norman as a Toler replacement but he's gunna be getting CB1 money from Carolina or somebody else. Janoris Jenkins seems more likely.

Bruce Irvin would be awesome. Osemele/Boone would be great.

Tashaun Gipson is my big fish this year.

Realistically. Bruce Irvin and Janoris Jenkins. Bruce Irvin would put up 10-12 plus sacks every year with us IMO. Jenkins paired with Vontae could be the best CB duo in the NFL. And we need some guys like Irving and Jenkins. We need some "mean streak" players like those 2. Some really good, Hard hitting, trash talking tough guys. I'm tired of being the nice team and getting beat.

Why would Irvin suddenly put up those kind of numbers playing for the Colts?

Take the 30 best players on that list and cross out 25 of them, as they won't be changing teams. The other five will be incredibly expensive.

This ^^^^^ Teams don't let their best players go. You over pay FA's.

We are just coming up on the half way point a lot can change in these last 9 games.

Sure there is....

The top guard is going to command a LOT of money. If Grigson stays, he's shown zero interest in spending 6-8 Mill per year on a guard.

And frankly, I don't blame him. Most of those guys aren't worth it and don't pan out.

I don't mind spending mid-range money on a guard, but only to a point.

By the way, with 10 games still to go, don't rule out the possibility that we have 4 out of the 5 spots on our OL settled.

All but Reitz. Mewhort, Holmes, and Thornton may ultimately end up as our interior lineman. I think they're beginning to come together right now.

We'll know a lot more over the next few weeks.

But finding a RT may still be a top priority this off-season.

I agree there is still a lot of football to be played. I think Thorton has the talent he just needs to put it together. I'm not as sold on Holmes but maybe he gets better.

It's really difficult to assess the O with Pep calling the plays. Add that to all the self inflicted damage with penalties.

We don't know what we have in Smith yet. We really haven't seen much of Moore or Irving.

There is a lot of ball to play yet.

Why would Irvin suddenly put up those kind of numbers playing for the Colts?

He's already got what 4 this year? And that's with him not playing DE much. And not rushing the QB every snap. With Seattle he's playing OLB in a 4-3 scheme.  With us he would be rushing the QB pretty much every snap therefor IMO leading to way more sacks. To me he's a really good pass rusher. Seattle's just loaded down with em.

Take the 30 best players on that list and cross out 25 of them, as they won't be changing teams. The other five will be incredibly expensive. 

Agree, if we are able to address just one need in FA that would be the probably the best we can hope for. Good pass rushing OLB's are almost as expensive as a top 10 QB. A young G will also cost some money but not quite as much. We have to get a promising young pass rusher this off season or this defense will continue to struggle and same can be said for a strong G or 2 for the offense. Some will depend on how the team sees the future of Mewhort. Personally I like him best at G.

I'd love Josh Norman as a Toler replacement but he's gunna be getting CB1 money from Carolina or somebody else. Janoris Jenkins seems more likely.

Bruce Irvin would be awesome. Osemele/Boone would be great.

Tashaun Gipson is my big fish this year.

Im sure Cleveland, who has plenty of cap space, will do all they can to keep him.

Some notable free agents coming up. Any you think the Colts should target, if the player doesn't get resigned? Or if you're a fan of a different team, who do you think they should get?

Long list incoming

QB:

Ryan Fitzpatrick: Solid Backup when Hasselbeck retires!

RB: 

Doug Martin- Yes please!  He's gotta want out of Tampa. 

WR:

Alshon Jeffrey   (Would LOVE either of these guys, even though Gordon is a head case, he's a MONSTER!)
Josh Gordon

TE: 

Coby Fleener (We need to keep both our guys.... sad to see either of them go.... the PROBLEM is that we simply aren't using them.... they could DOMINATE!)
Dwayne Allen

OT:

Don't like the cost of any of those guys... we need OLine in the draft.  

OG: 

Kelechi Osemele  (Maybe if he was affordable)

C: 

Draft a GOOD one...

DE: 

Muhammad Wilkerson I imagine both these guys are staying where they are but both are MONSTERS!
Greg Hardy

DT: 

Terrance Knighton I'd consider him for the right price.  

OLB: 

Von Miller he's worth going for... doubt he'd be affordable though. 

CB: 

Sean Smith  I'd start here, but having a second elite Corner would be outstanding....

FS: 

Eric Weddle -My first choice of the FS's.

SS: 

Eric Berry  Either one would be nice
Mark Barron

K:
Justin Tucker
Greg Zuerlein
Brandon McManus  --If Vinny retires, perhaps any of them available would work if Mr. All Universe Punter doesn't get the job.   
Caleb Sturgis
Mason Crosby
P:

Bite your tongue... Pat M FOREVER!  

Agree, if we are able to address just one need in FA that would be the probably the best we can hope for. Good pass rushing OLB's are almost as expensive as a top 10 QB. A young G will also cost some money but not quite as much. We have to get a promising young pass rusher this off season or this defense will continue to struggle and same can be said for a strong G or 2 for the offense. Some will depend on how the team sees the future of Mewhort. Personally I like him best at G.

McPhee has been really good this year. I kind of talked myself into his price tag before free agency, but was always hesitant. He's living up to it so far.