Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reaction thread: Fire all the coaches and the GM (merge)

SilentHill

Guess who was GREAT at getting open anywhere on the field? Reggie Wayne.  Guess who is missing this year? Reggie Wayne.   Maybe he's a step slower, but he's STILL gotta be far superior to Johnson who is as lackluster and disinterested as anyone I have seen.  Gore at least brings it (when they let him on the field, is he on a pitch count running the ball?  It sure looks like it, even when the game is on the line).  

Anderson and Parry at least look like upgrades on D.  But who else really looks great from post 2012 draftees?  Moncrief and Mewhort perhaps.  That's about it.  All the other draftees have tanked. The FA's overall have been likely the worst in the league, or at least in the conversation.  And we're stuck with some of them perhaps well after Grigson is fired meaning we're screwed for years to come. 

Reggie was awful last year. He wasn't great at getting open, and he even started dropping easily catchable balls. He looked just as bad in the preseason with the Patriots. 

Someone said last night that when things aren't going well, people start pining for their exes. That's what this is. It's time to turn the page.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replacements?

Replacements?

Replacements?

Replacements?

Replacements?

Replacements?

Replacements?

Replacements?

Who the heck is going to replace everyone that "needs" to be fired?  And if we tank the season to get a top pick in the draft, again, who the heck is going to coach this now unstoppable team that is going to go from 0-16 to 16-0 because of one top-ten draft pick?

Like I said before, I'll do it. Can't be any worse. I play madden, lol.

So you're just joking around and not really serious about firing people right?  You're just venting and don't actually think you could do a better job than Grigs/Pagano/Pep right?  Please tell me you don't think you're the next Bill Belichick, only better...

john Harbaugh is the coach of the Ravens. It sounds like you are talking about Jim.

Yes, I had responded to someone who suggested Jim Harbaugh be hired as coach.  I stated his problem at the 49ers.  I am confused where you got John Harbaugh inserted into anything? 

Reggie was awful last year. He wasn't great at getting open, and he even started dropping easily catchable balls. He looked just as bad in the preseason with the Patriots. 

Someone said last night that when things aren't going well, people start pining for their exes. That's what this is. It's time to turn the page.

I didn't say to bring him back.  I am saying he was great at getting open in blitz situation.  Last year he was open, but was dropping the ball due to serious injuries he was playing with. Not sure why, likely he knew it was his last year with the Colts. But Wayne looked no worse than the way Johnson looks.  Remember, before Reggies injuries, he was still keeping his 3 catch per game streak alive.  Luck and the team even got criticized for obviously going out of their way to keep it going once he was hurt.  But Wayne was a security blanket.  Now there isn't one outside of Hilton who himself is playing hurt and against the likes of Regis.  Who can Luck count on to dump the ball off to?  It seemed it was our rookie bowling ball at the end of the game.  

So you're just joking around and not really serious about firing people right?  You're just venting and don't actually think you could do a better job than Grigs/Pagano/Pep right?  Please tell me you don't think you're the next Bill Belichick, only better...

Oh, no I'm serious. We really wont know my HC potential until i'm a HC, lol

I didn't say to bring him back.  I am saying he was great at getting open in blitz situation.  Last year he was open, but was dropping the ball due to serious injuries he was playing with. Not sure why, likely he knew it was his last year with the Colts. But Wayne looked no worse than the way Johnson looks.  Remember, before Reggies injuries, he was still keeping his 3 catch per game streak alive.  Luck and the team even got criticized for obviously going out of their way to keep it going once he was hurt.  But Wayne was a security blanket.  Now there isn't one outside of Hilton who himself is playing hurt and against the likes of Regis.  Who can Luck count on to dump the ball off to?  It seemed it was our rookie bowling ball at the end of the game.  

My comments about Reggie are independent of my thoughts on anything else. He was bad last year, he wasn't getting open, and he started dropping balls toward the end. Suffice it to say he's not the difference. If you're not saying to bring him back, I don't know why he's being brought up.

The problem with the Colts is they are a Corvette (Luck, TY, Gore, etc.) with a 4 cylinder engine (the offensive line). I don't care how good your skill players are if you have NO line then it makes it very difficult for the skill players to perform. Luck got hit 11 times last night. This line is BAD. Possibly worst in the league bad. That is all entirely on Grigson. He has failed miserably when it comes to the OL every since he took over. No excuse for it whatsoever. Looks like Luck will once again be near the top of the league in QB hits taken. That is if he is able to survive the rest of the year.

Oh, no I'm serious. We really wont know my HC potential until i'm a HC, lol

But what if my madden team is better than your madden team?  Shouldn't I be the HC?  We should conduct a fantasy draft and compare game-by-game strategies post-draft.  Two fans enter, one fan leaves... as the NEW BELICHICK!!!

But what if my madden team is better than your madden team?  Shouldn't I be the HC?  We should conduct a fantasy draft and compare game-by-game strategies post-draft.  Two fans enter, one fan leaves... as the NEW BELICHICK!!!

haha, but what about your personality? I'm not going to take any crap, in a Chip Kelly, way it will be my way or the high way, gotta take these players to work and get them learning my scheme, Do you think they will let me use the XBOX at half time to game plan the 2nd half? I hear Spider 2 Y Banana is uncoverable.

haha, but what about your personality? I'm not going to take any crap, in a Chip Kelly, way it will be my way or the high way, gotta take these players to work and get them learning my scheme, Do you think they will let me use the XBOX at half time to game plan the 2nd half? I hear Spider 2 Y Banana is uncoverable.

XBOX? I already won this competition.  My PS4 gives that Spider 2 Banana play a little extra umph. :thmup:

Plus, if personality is a factor, I beat out Belichick by default, so I'm already better than Belichick from the get-go... right?

He's a transcendent player, and we've all seen it. He's not transcending. Maybe that's not fair, but he has a high standard to live up to.

But really, without holding him to that standard, I'd just like to see him make accurate throws in the short passing game. If he's doing that and the receivers aren't open, then I can talk about how no one is helping him. But he missed Andre Johnson on the first interception. He threw a ball that must have went as high as any of Pat's punts when Dorsett had single coverage and a step on his man, and that's after he properly identified the coverage and exploited the weakness in it, and with no pressure.

No question his teammates need to play better as well. It's just, he's supposed to be THE REASON the Colts can contend, and right now, he's just another guy. He's not playing like we're used to seeing Andrew Luck play.

When you look at the tape as I know you always do , let me know if Luck was hit as he threw that ball . Maybe just a guy in his face ?

When you look at the tape as I know you always do , let me know if Luck was hit as he threw that ball . Maybe just a guy in his face ?

He wasn't hit. The pocket was collapsing, but he had room, there was no one in his face. 

I was wrong, he did put it out in front of the receiver, but it should have been across the field on a post, and it was up the field to the outside. Maybe a miscommunication. But the throw was still abnormally high. 

Andre was open across the middle of the field. It was 2nd and 10. A good throw and Andre can run for the first down, maybe more. The Jets sent 8 men. It was a 3 man route. That means 7 blockers for 8 rushers, and Luck still had enough time to make two of three possible throws. If he connected with either Dorsett or Johnson on that, the heavy rushes would have slowed down.

He wasn't hit. The pocket was collapsing, but he had room, there was no one in his face.

I was wrong, he did put it out in front of the receiver, but it should have been across the field on a post, and it was up the field to the outside. Maybe a miscommunication. But the throw was still abnormally high.

Andre was open across the middle of the field. It was 2nd and 10. A good throw and Andre can run for the first down, maybe more. The Jets sent 8 men. It was a 3 man route. That means 7 blockers for 8 rushers, and Luck still had enough time to make two of three possible throws. If he connected with either Dorsett or Johnson on that, the heavy rushes would have slowed down.

I don't know if you agree, but that first INT I'm 90% sure was intended for Dwayne Allen and Andre got in the way.

That was me with the pining for the ex thing with the Peyton thread that got merged lol. Right now with turmoil everything will look good to people from the past. 

As a woman who studied a lot of psychology once I can safely say over time that I have noticed when things get bad with a guys favorite sports team they often get that relationship talk thing going on they claim to hate, "Where are we going here........what is our future?. Who are you?"?

All legit questions too. We all like to be settled in life and this includes hobbies and passions.

Right now Colts fans feel like they are in a rocky relationship with their favorite team with many unanswered question when previously the relationship seemed so good and full of promise.

I don't know if you agree, but that first INT I'm 90% sure was intended for Dwayne Allen and Andre got in the way.

Hard to tell. One angle, it doesn't look like Luck even sees Andre. Then the other, it looks like he's looking at Andre. The front side of the All 22 gives a good view of Luck's eyes, and I think he was looking at Andre. The DL dropped into coverage, and I think Luck saw him right before he threw, and then the DL illegally hit Andre more than five yards down the field. Of course, it wasn't called. Luck was also about to get hit; the hit didn't directly affect the throw, though.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was for Andre.

However, what a bad play design to have those two so close to each other in the middle of the field. Maybe Andre's route was deeper than it was supposed to be because of the DL in coverage. Nice wrinkle there. And bad work by the refs. That's illegal contact, easily.

I will give Luck a little bit of a pass on that one, due to the DL.

The sad reality is Colts will win against the Titans, Jaguars, and Texans the next three weeks and no personnel/coaching change will happen.

This has allowed us to become complacent and accept mediocrity by putting up a banner every time we stomp these crap teams, but I don't know how many shillackings we can take from real teams before it gets through any decision maker's head.

Wide outs not getting open (except maybe Moncrief), tight ends AWOL, Gore on a pitch count, O-line struggling with blitz packages, Luck throwing it all over the place.  Ugly, ugly ugly.  C'mon Pep its time to do some of that coaching stuff.  Head coach material?  Hardly.  Grigson can go and smooch his behind and then come and kiss mine.

How can u expect someone to handle pressure better? Every time u turn around these guys are in your face. The man is trying to make plays. I think its crazy to even try to put anything on Luck. He a child that gets paid pennies. The people that get paid need to do their jobs. He has records and broke records of Peyton and other greats at this point in their career and people saying he needs to handle pressure better?? He's breaking passing records with this crappy line. Records of QBS that had better lines so none of this is on Luck. He pressed to make plays bcuz we STINK! Any star forces when u trying to take the whole load. We will make the playoffs bcuz of him. No one else, Period. Lol

How can u expect someone to handle pressure better? Every time u turn around these guys are in your face. The man is trying to make plays. I think its crazy to even try to put anything on Luck. He a child that gets paid pennies. The people that get paid need to do their jobs. He has records and broke records of Peyton and other greats at this point in their career and people saying he needs to handle pressure better?? He's breaking passing records with this crappy line. Records of QBS that had better lines so none of this is on Luck. He pressed to make plays bcuz we STINK! Any star forces when u trying to take the whole load. We will make the playoffs bcuz of him. No one else, Period. Lol

Luck has been bad all on his own. The line hasn't made his life any easier, but he's deserving of this criticism.

I'd also like to point out that Luck makes more than Pagano, and probably makes more than Grigson. So I'm not sure what the bolded is all about...

If Luck is getting paid pennies then what is it that you and I are making?  Come on now he gets a whole lot more than pennies!

He traded up for Tim Tebow. That's not very encouraging. Of course, that's roster management and not coaching. I think he's a really good OC, but that's with Belichick's oversight. No one has done well away from him.

Yeah that's mostly the GM's decision. I don't think any of the Pats coaches had an Andrew Luck at quarterback though.. or this complete of an offense.

The problem with the Colts is they are a Corvette (Luck, TY, Gore, etc.) with a 4 cylinder engine (the offensive line). I don't care how good your skill players are if you have NO line then it makes it very difficult for the skill players to perform. Luck got hit 11 times last night. This line is BAD. Possibly worst in the league bad. That is all entirely on Grigson. He has failed miserably when it comes to the OL every since he took over. No excuse for it whatsoever. Looks like Luck will once again be near the top of the league in QB hits taken. That is if he is able to survive the rest of the year.

I warned last year that if we did not address the OL, we were in danger of turning Luck into Tim Couch. Pagano publicly said after our fiasco against the Pats last year that he and Grigson got the message that we must upgrade both lines. I like the additions of Anderson and Parry, but we really did little to improve OL.

True but Andrew fell into our laps. He'd still be in Denver now if he got Andrew Luck.

Isn't the main gripe around here that the staff is being carried by Luck? Aren't we talking about guys who can actually bring something to the table on their own? 

Josh McDaniels wasn't awful in Denver, but he wasn't good, overall. And he made some pretty bad decisions, alienated some pretty good players, and the bloom fell off the rose pretty quickly. He doesn't have a large body of work, lasting less than two seasons, but it was ugly enough to scare me off. Six years later, he might be better equipped, but I'll let somebody else figure that out.

And really, the overriding factor is that none of Belichick's guys have done anything noteworthy as head coaches. Some have even failed as coordinators without Belichick (McDaniels in St. Louis for instance, when 2nd year Sam Bradford started 10 games, and the Rams were 1-9; they eagerly let McDaniels out of his contract to go back to New England after that). O'Brien was pretty successful at Penn State. I'm just not interested in any Belichick assistants, not until one proves that he has some value outside of New England.

If we manage to beat Tennessee, we have the Pats next. At best, a 1-3 record. Would I be crazy to point out that Pagano and Grigson are not the only ones that Irsay has yet to sign to new contracts. Could Luck also be hanging on his performance this year?

I believe we have a couple of division games and the Saints at home before NE.

Our next 3 games are:

At TN

home vs. Jags

At Houston

Then NE

And please everyone......try to ignore NE at times. Seriously. We cannot obsess over them all the time either. Forget them. Sometimes I wish the deflate thing never even happened. I even think at times it was a giant offseason distraction we didn't need.

It's still time, the offensive play calling was once again, atrocious.

I mean, it felt like EVERY SINGLE TIME the Titans blitzed pep was dialing up a deep pass.

Anyone have his address? I'd like to send him some passing plays he should be calling.

Yeah this win didn't do anything. LOL We still have an average team and a terrible coaching staff we beat the Titans by 2 points. Wait til we play a really good team I'm afraid to watch.

To win in the NFL - it takes more than just talent.  It takes a darn good head coach.

If Pagano is not their guy, wish they would have sought out Harbaugh or Arians..... 

That win was a must win if there ever was one in week 3 of the season.

That took a lot of heart and will.