Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to miss

12isthenew18

Yeah, you guys might as well not watch the game.  Most of you are convinced we'll get trashed, so why bother?

That's exactly right. We are going to get trashed.....again.....so i'm not going to bother watching.

But you do know we don't have to play with 9 guys on defense, right? We do have other professional athletes that play the positions.

Right again. Unfortunately the 2 professional athletes that we have replacing these injured individuals suck at playing football.

On a completely unrelated note, I was reading the Patriots boards. They lost their SB winning defensive backfield and replaced them with some guys they found wandering around the stadium. But they don't seem to be giving up on their team.

That's because they have a coach who has won multiple Super Bowls on their sideline. Our headcoach is a glorified cheerleader who's football acumen is approximately 1/50th of that of Bill Belichek.

Cheers. Enjoy watching this mediocre team and their garbage coaching staff get blown off the field again this week.

Yep 62 yards and one TD was really smoking last week.

Did you follow the game? The Jets were playing ahead for the most part and they just rode their run game and D while Manziel was turning it over. Marshall  had coverage rolling towards him and he still did that damage on fewer targets than if the game were closer. He even stripped out an INT caught by a Browns defender and recovered it to force his own turnover as an offensive player. That dude has strong hands and will demand safety help, no matter what, IMO.

Besides, Chan Gailey lines them up everywhere, so the DBs need to communicate if Marshall gets lined up in the slot. Originally, Jeremy Kerley was the #3 wide out projected but Chris Owusu beat him in the depth chart since he was big and could be lined up anywhere, just like Marshall and Decker. Thus, Owusu stole targets from Marshall and Decker too. I would not be shocked if Chris Owusu ends up being a big factor on MNF.

Unless the Colts get off to a big lead, the Jets' run game will be a constant factor, and that is the one thing that worries me the most.

Third CBs are not looked at as starters. They're not starters. A base defense consists of 2 corners. Our third corner saw 17 snaps last week. Are you serious?

wow im done. you want to argue just to argue, go find someone else to waste time with

why dont you go look at how many snaps a third corner over a course of a season gets and I bet its atleast half of a starter

Since when does half the snaps of a starter = starter? Sounds like you're trying to prove my point.

I know that you know a third CB isn't a starter, so why are you still trying to argue? That seems to be a trend with you.

Since when does half the snaps of a starter = starter? Sounds like you're trying to prove my point.

I know that you know a third CB isn't a starter, so why are you still trying to argue? That seems to be a trend with you.

Butler got 614 snaps compared to vontae getting 824. compare that to a rotation player on another position

Butler got 614 snaps compared to vontae getting 824. compare that to a rotation player on another position

Do you understand what a starter is? Look at a defensive depth chart, look at a thousand of them, and let me know how many starting CBs it lists.

Butler is one of the more heavily used third CBs in the game, Colts run a lot of nickel and Butler is a great player, and yet he still only played ~60% of the snaps that the starters played (Toler 984).

Do you understand what a starter is? Look at a defensive depth chart, look at a thousand of them, and let me know how many starting CBs it lists.

Butler is one of the more heavily used third CBs in the game, Colts run a lot of nickel and Butler is a great player, and yet he still only played ~60% of the snaps that the starters played (Toler 984).

a base defense youre right, but in the pass heavy nfl, you need three good cbs not two. in that sense youre third cb is your starter

Did you follow the game? The Jets were playing ahead for the most part and they just rode their run game and D while Manziel was turning it over. Marshall  had coverage rolling towards him and he still did that damage on fewer targets than if the game were closer. He even stripped out an INT caught by a Browns defender and recovered it to force his own turnover as an offensive player. That dude has strong hands and will demand safety help, no matter what, IMO.

Besides, Chan Gailey lines them up everywhere, so the DBs need to communicate if Marshall gets lined up in the slot. Originally, Jeremy Kerley was the #3 wide out projected but Chris Owusu beat him in the depth chart since he was big and could be lined up anywhere, just like Marshall and Decker. Thus, Owusu stole targets from Marshall and Decker too. I would not be shocked if Chris Owusu ends up being a big factor on MNF.

Unless the Colts get off to a big lead, the Jets' run game will be a constant factor, and that is the one thing that worries me the most.

I get all that but the Colts are not the Browns and Luck is not Manziel.

Are you all kidding?? The colts defense will let Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana and the RB'S look like Jim Brown...its just the way it goes. We need our offense to help contain their offense...as in stay on the friggin field a bunch more

You got it all figured out I see. One game against a very good team ends with a loss and the sky is falling. No, you have to be the one kidding.

You got it all figured out I see. One game against a very good team ends with a loss and the sky is falling. No, you have to be the one kidding.

Chillax man it was a joke...except my laughy smiley didn't end up on the end. Nope it's all good in the hood. Bills didn't look super great today though but I still think they are a tough team to watch for this year

That's exactly right. We are going to get trashed.....again.....so i'm not going to bother watching.Right again. Unfortunately the 2 professional athletes that we have replacing these injured individuals suck at playing football.That's because they have a coach who has won multiple Super Bowls on their sideline. Our headcoach is a glorified cheerleader who's football acumen is approximately 1/50th of that of Bill Belichek.Cheers. Enjoy watching this mediocre team and their garbage coaching staff get blown off the field again this week.

Worst post of the day, congrats.