Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If the Colts lose....early plea for sanity on here.

cmgww

Go watch the 2013 opener. Fringe starter with athleticism, and that offense didn't have anywhere near the weapons the Bills have.

Or the defense.

I don't expect this game to be a blowout, but if it were, I don't see the Bills winning in a blowout.  I do think that we should win decisively.  Of course, I say that, and then I am reminded of games like the AZ Cardinals in 2014 (EDIT: 2013).

Or the defense.

I don't expect this game to be a blowout, but if it were, I don't see the Bills winning in a blowout.  I do think that we should win decisively.  Of course, I say that, and then I am reminded of games like the AZ Cardinals in 2014 (EDIT: 2013).

I traveled to Phoenix for that game (my son lived out there at the time).  It was such a bad performance by the Colts, I couldn't even get angry.  Positively embarrassing to be in that stadium as a Colts fan, that day.

I traveled to Phoenix for that game (my son lived out there at the time).  It was such a bad performance by the Colts, I couldn't even get angry.  Positively embarrassing to be in that stadium as a Colts fan, that day.

Yeah, it was one of those things that, after about 2 quarters, it was so bad, you couldn't help but either turn the game off.  Of course, for those that stuck around to watch the second half, you couldn't help but laugh after the Cardinal's first drive where Palmer cut up our defense for a TD on their first defense.  We were basically carried off the field like freshly killed game.

And what about the Rams game that year?  It was even worse.  

I'm not willing to concede that the Colts will lose against the Bills. This team has a much better than even chance of a victory against Buffalo considering the additions and losses from just a year ago. Should be a hard and tough contested football game. I'll revert back to the slow starts last year. If the Colts can jump out and maintain a lead by half, then I really think the game is a W. Although anything can happen, you just want that luxury that was not enjoyed so much last season. This team is quite capable of that. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll go out on a limb and score it 29-17 ... COLTS! (hey, wasn't that a Super Bowl once!) :)

Yeah, it was one of those things that, after about 2 quarters, it was so bad, you couldn't help but either turn the game off.  Of course, for those that stuck around to watch the second half, you couldn't help but laugh after the Cardinal's first drive where Palmer cut up our defense for a TD on their first defense.  We were basically carried off the field like freshly killed game.

And what about the Rams game that year?  It was even worse.  

Certainly was.

When did Tyrod Taylor become a threat? It's a real stretch he even should start.

And the AFC South already has 3 teams better than Buffalo.

Taylor won the starting job this pre-season.   It wasn't even that close.    No stretch.

And the AFC South has 1 team that's better than Buffalo.     That's a top-5 defense up there.   Only Houston's defense could come close.      Tenn or J'Ville are not in Buffalo's class right now.    That could change, but I'm talking today.

Taylor won the starting job this pre-season.   It wasn't even that close.    No stretch.

And the AFC South has 1 team that's better than Buffalo.     That's a top-5 defense up there.   Only Houston's defense could come close.      Tenn or J'Ville are not in Buffalo's class right now.    That could change, but I'm talking today.

Tyrod Taylor is not going to make Buffalo a winner. You can buy that hype all you want.

He may not.

But as far as Buffalo is concerned,  he won the starting QB job easily.

Cassell was released and Manuel is the back-up.

Actually, we re-signed Cassel to the veteran minimum to back up Taylor. I have been pretty vocal that EJ Manuel is the best QB of the three and proved it, but that is not even worth discussing at this point.

What I would like to point out is that the posters on this message board are much more level-headed than over on ours (although we do have some GREAT posters as well). People have actually predicted Tyrod Taylor will be, no joke, a Hall of Famer. No starts. No passing TD's. Future Hall of Famer. 

You may see mass suicides if the Bills lose. For me, as long as the team plays to its potential, and Taylor shows why he was chosen #1, I can handle a loss to a SB contender. What we need to see is progress to capture at least a Wild Card. This is just one game, but always tough to lose the home opener, even to the best. It shouldn't be the end of the world for either team, unless major mistakes blow it for one side, or one team manages to blow out the other. Anything can happen, I guess.

And we will get to see since Buffalo has to play All the South.

If they cant beat Buffalo they arent even close to a Super Bowl level team.

I recommend watching the Buffalo-Green Bay game from last year, and the Buffalo-Denver (many thought the Bills got screwed) game. Unless you think they are "not even close" to Super Bowl teams. Then, I can't really help you.

And we will get to see since Buffalo has to play All the South.

If they cant beat Buffalo they arent even close to a Super Bowl level team.

OK.....

Except now you've switched the topic completely....

You started with Buffalo isn't very good.   Tyron Taylor isn't very good.    The AFC South is better than Buffalo.

Now, your new issue is if the Colts can't beat them,  then they aren't a Super Bowl level team.

Ok....   whatever....

One thought.....   an NFL season is a Marathon.....   you can lose to a lesser team and still be a Super Bowl level team.

It only happens every single year.......

Just some food for thought.

I'm asking nicely, coffeedrinker. It's a free country. But for a franchise that has been so successful, you'd think we were the Raiders if you get on this board after a loss. All I'm saying is to remember this is Game 1. On the road against a solid team. Again, asking, not telling anyone what to do

I'm thinking the first thing I will do if we lose is punch you square in the beak.

Be Sane!  Serenity NOW

Serenity goes out the window when that ball kicks off. If we come out Sunday, we suck and we lose..... of course people are going to complain and discuss what the problem is. ....and of course, we'll have these super awesome positive glass-half-full people attacking others for discussing the teams negativity. 

These types of threads are simply a pointless preemptive strike at something which hasn't occurred yet. Not sure of point?

Don't lose sight of the many predictions the Colts will go to the SB. Buffalos D is very stout so it will be a good D against a good O. The concern Buffalo has is their offense so lets sees what our do with it. I can't see the Colt offense losing this one. My big concern is the first few possessions being three and outs, they need to get going on the first possessions staying close to the end zone so when we get the ball we don't have to march 80 yards. With a powerful offense getting the ball in good field position will be demoralizing to the bad guys. 

Bite your tongue pessimist.

0% chance the Colts lose on Sunday, book it.

And BTW, for that Bills D that isn't that good:

Week 14 - Peyton Manning 14/20 173 yards 0 TDs 2 INT 56.9 % PR

Week 15 - Aaron Rodgers 17/42 165 yards 0 TDs 2 INT 34.3% PR

Week 1 - Andrew Luck 26/49 243 yards 2 TDs 2 INT 63.6 PR

Yeah, must be that Bills Defense is not good. At all. Correct.

Edited by SteelCityColt