Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No we won't. Name 5 teams we're facing this year that can put up 40 points

Don't worry, I'll wait............

Patriots......

Steelers

Saints

Broncos

And maybe just maybe the Panthers.. ( though their hit at WR isn't gonna help)

on a good day, the Dolphins or Falcons could do it.

I predict our defense will have a few growing pains but will be better than last year.  Anderson and Parry are better at shredding blocks and getting into the backfield.  Mathis is back and should do well.  Moore is very explosive.  I think we will run more 1-gap defense and cause more problems rather then waiting and reacting. I like it!  After all, we already knew what we had before.  Can't get much worse.

Hope the team has more confidence in itself than the fan base does...

It's not the entire fan base, but yeah, for some of the posters here that is true.  Although, just having the will to get out of bed shows more confidence than some of the posters do.

The Colts management went with what players did on the field this time.

They did not make their cuts/signings based on hype or reputations....

I like what they did, and expect our defense to be better with these new players.

Amen. They're not only playing, but keeping the best players on the roster. It shows a lot of growth. I expect some growing pains but I remain optimistic.

The Colts complained about under inflated footballs before the game based on the first meeting. Then when finding the football that was intercepted by Jackson in the championship game they complained again because the league did nothing to stop it. That is not whining.

If you think that Brady is not intimately aware of how the footballs that he uses are prepared then you know very little about how that process works.

While I agree with you, enough already. You all are gonna get this thread locked for debating the same dang thing since January. It's done, it's passed. Can we move on please?

While I agree with you, enough already. You all are gonna get this thread locked for debating the same dang thing since January. It's done, it's passed. Can we move on please?

I will if others will.  I just have an issue with blatantly false information being spread.

Losing RJF improved the run defense.

I guess we will have to wait to see. In my 15 years of having season tickets, mu confidence level on the defensive side of the ball is at a all time low. I wasn't really high with a healthy Art Jones. Even lower now.  I hope im wrong, but history tells me Im not.

I guess we will have to wait to see. In my 15 years of having season tickets, mu confidence level on the defensive side of the ball is at a all time low. I wasn't really high with a healthy Art Jones. Even lower now.  I hope im wrong, but history tells me Im not.

I thought that the Colts made improvements to the defense, losing Jones, while he was not a "beast", does hurt the defense IMO.  RJF did not do a good job at run defense, he and either Werner or Newsome, would get obliterated at times, especially against the Patriots.

I will if others will. I just have an issue with blatantly false information being spread.

I know. I do too. But let's not feed the Patriot loving trolls....that need banned from here anyway because I bet 85 percent of their posts are just to stir crap. But mods say they are welcome but we can just ignore them.

I think something happened and the Colts coaches and FO do not feel they have much of a chance to reach the SB this year. IMO if you think you are close to getting to the SB you don't have 5 of your 6 Dlineman with 1 year experience or less. You don't back up your 30+ year old RB (no matter how good he is) with two rookies and a player coming back from 2 years worth of injuries. I like both Robison and Varga but both are rookies and are going to make mistakes if/when they get playing time.

These are the type of moves you make when you're building for the future. Or maybe this will be what they do, keep the depth of the roster at league minimum salaries so they can pay out big money to AC/TY/Luck etc. Which that doesn't make a lot of sense because Superman has posted numerous times with examples of how they can sign everyone.

I don't know, I can't figure out the reasoning behind the roster, on the Dline Okine was the only rookie or 1st year player that really showed consistency in his game, Anderson was close behind. Parry was wildly inconsistent, Kerr, whom I'm a fan of, goes hard for 2 or 3 plays and then disappears from 5 or 6.

It just seems weird to me as I analyze the roster.

not the only one I think more people feel the same way it's not a good year to have all 1st and 2nd year linemen

I am actually encouraged by our defensive changes.

Langford - will shine back in 3-4

Parry      -  Lot of talk about 2-gapping - fact is this guy is just hard to block

Anderson  - Freak athlete  -  don't know if he is strong enough yet.

Irving     -   probably an upgrade at ILB

Sio Moore  - when healthy, another upgrade at ILB

Lowry  - An actual starting quality safety next to Adams - Yesssss

Geathers  - promising depth at safety

McGill and Okine both look to promising depth players at DT.

I must also point out that Walden just keeps geting better - wow

We have made huge strides at safety and ILB, and have had young guys outplay the vets on the D-line.  I think we are going to kick some rear end on D and have a lot of <20pt games by opponets.  Toler being hurt is my biggest concern, but that is a problem with him.  I am also a little worried about pass rush if Mathis doesn't rebound fully.  As far as the Pats, geez they are tough up front, and they added more road graders like Shaq Mason.  It will be a war, but it should be harder to run on us with Lowry and Irving, and those young DL have a lot of fight in them, so I'm staying positive.  

Lots of faith being placed on young inexperienced players on the D line.  Addition by subtraction to most.  Are they better and if so have they improved enough to take the next step towards the Super Bowl?  Regarding the latter, right now...I don't think so.   It will be interesting to see how everyone feels after week six.  That will be the litmus.

That's a really stupid comment from Peter King.

He's obviously exaggerating for dramatic effect.  But his underlying point is clear and the concern reflected in his comments certainly isn't stupid.  From an outside perspective...the Colts have significant defensive question marks for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.  They may well prove to know what they are doing but given their track record...they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt where defense is concerned.  Colts have the burden of proof...on the field.

Mmmmm... Skyline... how I miss you...

Don't have those here in Memphis. :(

They sell Skyline Chili sauce in a can BTW. I make my own Skyline at home. Some angel hair pasta, [lots of] finely shredded mild cheddar, Skyline brand hot sauce.......enjoy. The hot sauce is hard to match, so I suggest buying their brand online or at a local grocer. 

This defense is 2 injuries from absolute ruin. We have no depth, and I'm shocked that the typically astute members of this site aren't bringing this up.

Everyone on the line is inexperienced with Langston as the sole veteran presence.  We are really rolling the dice with that set up.  If Parra or Anderson go down...ugh...don't even want to think about it. 

He's obviously exaggerating for dramatic effect.  But his underlying point is clear and he is not stupid to express concern over this unproven defense.  From an outside perspective...the Colts have significant defensive question marks for a team with Super Bowl aspirations.  They may well prove to know what they are doing but given their track record...they do not deserve the benefit of the doubt where defense is concerned.  Colts have the burden of proof...on the field.

The Patriots have no secondary. They're unproven. Are they going to have to score 40 points a game?

The truth is that the Colts changed personnel up front because they think this new group will be better. Nothing is proven on Monday of Week 1, especially when you replace veterans with rookies. 

But all this "concern" isn't really about having rookies at DL. It's about not having everyone's favorite rookies, most notably, one of the guys we were "supposed" to draft in the first round. If it were Malcom Brown among those rookies, this concern would be excitement. And Malcom Brown isn't even good, so far. Henry Anderson was one of the best DL prospects in the draft. Getting him on the field is good. A week ago, everyone here was talking about how Parry is better than Chapman. Now, all of a sudden, the defense is entirely no good?

That's stupid. Sorry. And exaggeration or not, Peter King saying what he did is stupid. The Colts gave up an average of 23.1 points/game last year. That's with 51 points to the Steelers, and 42 points to the Pats and Cowboys. Now the defense is worse? 

The burden of proof is definitely on the Colts defense. They have to prove that they can play well, especially against good offenses. Let's see something from them, even against a bad team, before we decide that they're no good. This spewing of negativity in the meantime is just nonsense, IMO.

Everyone on the line is inexperienced with Langston as the sole veteran presence.  We are really rolling the dice with that set up.  If Parra or Anderson go down...ugh...don't even want to think about it. 

grigs job depends on being right, I have faith in grigs since he cut his mistakes, defense may surprise us

What is strange is we have been complaining about the defense for the past four years and when change is made we are still complaining about the defense.  You cannot have it both ways.  We will find out soon enough what this defense can do.  I seem to remember the media talking about how old the Colts were and then poof the Colts get a lot younger with 9 rookies.  Just wait and see.  Either this is really good, some place in the middle, or really bad. 

They sell Skyline Chili sauce in a can BTW. I make my own Skyline at home. Some angel hair pasta, [lots of] finely shredded mild cheddar, Skyline brand hot sauce.......enjoy. The hot sauce is hard to match, so I suggest buying their brand online or at a local grocer.

Damnit, I'm hungry now.

I think if the Texans beat us at their place, they have a 50/50 chance to win the division.  And it was close last year and had they beat us either game, it would have been down to a tie-breaker to see who wins.  Why people are so cocky about us being anointed the division winner is beyond me.  And remember, Houston nearly beat  the Cowboys, a team we got stomped by and our two games were 7 points and 5 points and in some ways, we were VERY lucky in both giving up Watt score and sacks etc.  Right now with this defense, I say the division is a Coin toss and 10 wins is not guaranteed.   And I like our two rookie lineman and thought they'd be great depth.  But now that they are starting, where is THEIR depth/backups?  Answer: pretty much non existent.  And injury to any of those starters and we'll likely not win the division.  Luck is a football God, but some things even football Gods can't overcome.  

Pretty sure it's a mix of that Avery Island stuff made in New Iberia, La. and their "secretive" additions! ... says the native NOLA guy ...

:)