Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade For LB Sio Moore (Mega Merge)

CR91

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!?

Most fans can barely tell you who is on their favorite team.

Few fans can tell you who are on other teams OTHER THAN the stars. But the average player on another team? Most fans? No, they can't tell you.

And I have no idea why you think they would.

And Sio Moore? Please? Nice player, but let's not carried away........

I respectfully disagree with this statement i think anybody that calls themselves an NFL fan should know who Sio Moore is and if they dont they dont pay much attention to the NFL. Moore was a bright spot on Oaklands D, he makes alot of plays and very quick to the ball.

I respectfully disagree with this statement i think anybody that calls themselves an NFL fan should know who Sio Moore is and if they dont they dont pay much attention to the NFL. Moore was a bright spot on Oaklands D, he makes alot of plays and very quick to the ball.

This.  

He's one of the few players I know on that team.  

He really impressed me and I rarely watch Raiders games.  

He's all over the place.

"Combine numbers don't mean anything"

People will defend this ^^^

And besides, I just looked at his chart and was remarking how funny it was he basically dominated everything but agility. Not a comment on him either way. Never seen him play. 

Combine numbers can get overblown at the very least, They cant tell you how fast a linebacker can diagnose a play and react to it, They give you raw athletic numbers yes but that's numbers for the most part on 1 attempt at a certain event or 2, None of which factor into a Linebackers (In this case) ability to read a defense post snap and make a play or his ability to even make a play post snap in space. Only film can do that. Besides most linebackers (especially linebackers anyway) come in undersized and are asked to put on weight which can also affect how a player plays in the NFL...So again you would get different numbers in many players at the combine if they went to the combine at that weight asked of them

"Combine numbers don't mean anything"

People will defend this ^^^

And besides, I just looked at his chart and was remarking how funny it was he basically dominated everything but agility. Not a comment on him either way. Never seen him play. 

That 60 yard shuttle is killing him, but either way, he's no Mychal Kendricks. But if you watch his un-timed Combine drills, he's not a stiff athlete with no agility. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000522356/article/sio-moore-traded-by-raiders-to-colts-for-draft-pick

wow, Raiders fans  are P!$$ed!

This guy is rangy, can play everywhere.  Run thumper who can pass rush AND play coverage?......for a 6th round pick?....But then how will he play for us?....i am happy to get a guy for a lat round rather than a high end.  no more Trent trades please.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000522356/article/sio-moore-traded-by-raiders-to-colts-for-draft-pick

wow, Raiders fans  are P!$$ed!

This guy is rangy, can play everywhere.  Run thumper who can pass rush AND play coverage?......for a 6th round pick?....But then how will he play for us?....i am happy to get a guy for a lat round rather than a high end.  no more Trent trades please.

From that article:

"Former Raiders coach Dennis Allen originally had plans to utilize Moore in a Von Miller-like role, which suggests the former UConn star will do most of his damage at outside linebacker in the Colts' 3-4 scheme."

I think we've got ourselves the world's first 3-4 insideout linebacker.

Raiders fans are livid. They are calling their coaching staff and front office stupid for this decision. A lot of them seem to really like Sio say his motor and instincts are top notch. Just a note I believe Dennis Allen when he was HC in Oakland drafted Sio to pretty much take on a Von Miller type roll. I personally think he is a ILB in our system, but OLB is not out of the question.

You musta read the same NFL.com article I did....lol    "Former Raiders coach Dennis Allen originally had plans to utilize Moore in a Von Miller-like role, which suggests the former UConn star will do most of his damage at outside linebacker in the Colts' 3-4 scheme."

Really liked this guy coming out the draft, he really upgrades the position.

Isn't Freeman playing on a tender? This trade is more towards the long term solution

whatever it is, i just want anyone who was on the team last year against the Pats to NOT be playing this year except for Toler and Vontae. They couldnt get the job done so Irving and Moore definitely look like they can get it done.

Plus, Freeman was asking for more money. And he is inconsistent..

He certainly has no problems coming down hill and taking on an O Linemen getting a good initial jolt on him, He shows the ability to breakdown in space from watching him but at times fails to break down in space, I think its a mental thing with him not physical

Isn't he coming off of major hip surgery during the off season and a neck sprain during the preseason? There must be a reason why the Raiders were willing to part ways with him. Hopefully this guy can stay healthy enough to help us.

6th rounder is worth the price. And no, most of it had to do with tension between Moore and Rio/GM. Raider fans are unhappy about the trade at a cheap price.

Isn't he coming off of major hip surgery during the off season and a neck sprain during the preseason? There must be a reason why the Raiders were willing to part ways with him. Hopefully this guy can get and stay healthy enough to help us.

Neck injury was last year.

6th rounder is worth the price. And no, most of it had to do with tension between Moore and Rio/GM. Raider fans are unhappy about the trade at a cheap price.

Ok...thanks. Sounds like the Raiders were going to release him anyway. At least they got something back for him. Hopefully he is healthy enough to be relevant for us this year.

Raiders Sio Moore Rookie Highlights (HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6YIBcs80ZM

I did see him playing the ILB, but he seems to come off the edge quite a bit in these highlights.  I know most are projecting ILB, but I don't see why he couldn't play the Sam either?  To me he could easily take/replace Werners spot if they make the chose to send his bags packing.  I'm interested to see how they plan on using him.

Doesn't this guy have attitude issues? He's the same player who almost cost the Raiders a win because he was celebrating a sack off sides when the Chiefs were about to snap the ball. Then he told Justin Tuck to never yell at him again when Tuck scolded him afterwards. Love the kids ability and I was a fan of him when he was in the draft. Not sure I'm sold on his intangibles and attitude though.

A little attitude ain't bad if molded the right way.  He seems to be the type of guy I stated in another post was missing from this defense. A  fiery vocal leader who can rally guys when they need a kick in the pants.  I welcome it as long as his play backs up his talking!

Indy! You gotta a guy in me! Let's Do Great Things this Year!

Doesn't this guy have attitude issues? He's the same player who almost cost the Raiders a win because he was celebrating a sack off sides when the Chiefs were about to snap the ball. Then he told Justin Tuck to never yell at him again when Tuck scolded him afterwards. Love the kids ability and I was a fan of him when he was in the draft. Not sure I'm sold on his intangibles and attitude though.

You are not sold on a lot of things are you? Like the Manning pick for instance. haha jkjk

On a serious note I believe he has the talent and the intangibles to be a very good player for us. His attitude is a little bit questionable at times as he has done some pretty boneheaded things like waiting to confront Kaepernick in the tunnel at halftime and such. I think it is all with him being a young player and having a young Raiders team with little to no veteran leadership to keep him in check. I think he brings really good energy and some fire to a Colts team that is lacking both.

Raiders fans are livid. They are calling their coaching staff and front office stupid for this decision. A lot of them seem to really like Sio say his motor and instincts are top notch. Just a note I believe Dennis Allen when he was HC in Oakland drafted Sio to pretty much take on a Von Miller type roll. I personally think he is a ILB in our system, but OLB is not out of the question.

You musta read the same NFL.com article I did....lol    "Former Raiders coach Dennis Allen originally had plans to utilize Moore in a Von Miller-like role, which suggests the former UConn star will do most of his damage at outside linebacker in the Colts' 3-4 scheme."

Actually I never really read the article I just somehow remember Dennis Allen talking about it during a press conference. I have a couple friends that are Raiders fans so I get to see the occasional Raiders press conference haha.

Ok to question that (This not a shot at you so don't take it that way, Just questioning your though process here) What if 1 of those OLB's gets hurt.....your down to 3 OLB's on 1 side and 2 on the other...That's really no depth...2 0LB's on 1 side

Well what about the ILB depth if one of those guys get hurt. Moore still has to learn the system and Irving is coming back from injury just like Mathis.

You are not sold on a lot of things are you? Like the Manning pick for instance. haha jkjk

On a serious note I believe he has the talent and the intangibles to be a very good player for us. His attitude is a little bit questionable at times as he has done some pretty boneheaded things like waiting to confront Kaepernick in the tunnel at halftime and such. I think it is all with him being a young player and having a young Raiders team with little to no veteran leadership to keep him in check. I think he brings really good energy and some fire to a Colts team that is lacking both.

If he leaves this kind of crap in Oakland then I'm all for this trade!

Sio-Moore-Celebrates-in-the-Chiefs-Backf

ugfjl3u3j33ux8c5lbld.jpg