Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How's That 2015 Draft Looking Now?

bleevit

I'm impressed. I think they all make the team. I think the biggest thing is that some people underestimated the later round picks as just throwaway picks, but I think Grigson found a lot of sleepers that he intends to have a role with the team in the future.

I for one am loving it.  If you take anything away from that lovely endeavor at Phillie, it could be that the draft picks played very well.  I'm particularly enthused about Parry, Herrera, and Josh Robinson.  What do you all think?

I think it's way, WAY too early to know much about the rookies.

They've taken a step or two on what will be a marathon journey.     There will be some bad days to go with the good.

Let's talk about the rookies much further down the road.       No one really knows anything right now.

But,  all that said........      so far so good.          :thmup:

I think it's way, WAY too early to know much about the rookies.

They've taken a step or two on what will be a marathon journey.     There will be some bad days to go with the good.

Let's talk about the rookies much further down the road.       No one really knows anything right now.

But,  all that said........      so far so good.          :thmup:

Of course it is way early.  The point of the draft is to evaluate future talent for the league, and there is no harm I can see in making continuing evaluations along the way.  The fact that they are not yet 5 year veterans does not diminish my enthusiasm over what I have seen thus far.  :-)

I always liked the players.

In a perfect world, I would have traded out of #29, but the world isn't perfect. I still like Dorsett, no matter what, better than Goldman or Brown.

I think Geathers was drafted a round too early, but that's impossible to really know. And I still like him.

Henry Anderson was one of my favorite players in the draft, and the little we saw of him on Sunday is why. He's slippery, tough to block, has great hands, and I think will be a starter before long.

None of this matters. Let's see about it in two years.

I always liked the players.

In a perfect world, I would have traded out of #29, but the world isn't perfect. I still like Dorsett, no matter what, better than Goldman or Brown.

I think Geathers was drafted a round too early, but that's impossible to really know. And I still like him.

Henry Anderson was one of my favorite players in the draft, and the little we saw of him on Sunday is why. He's slippery, tough to block, has great hands, and I think will be a starter before long.

None of this matters. Let's see about it in two years.

What do you think Anderson's ceiling is?

What do you think Anderson's ceiling is?

I'll spare you the obvious JJ Watt reference (which is entirely unrealistic, but he does remind me of Watt, not just his frame, but also the way he uses his hands). Let's say an early Cory Redding, when he was a 1-gap pass rusher with the Lions. Or even a bigger Antonio Smith (but few have Smith's tenacity). Not an elite athlete, but he has tools, motor, awareness, he's quick off the snap and plays with a good pad level...

I'll spare you the obvious JJ Watt reference (which is entirely unrealistic, but he does remind me of Watt, not just his frame, but also the way he uses his hands). Let's say an early Cory Redding, when he was a 1-gap pass rusher with the Lions. Or even a bigger Antonio Smith (but few have Smith's tenacity). Not an elite athlete, but he has tools, motor, awareness, he's quick off the snap and plays with a good pad level...

I'm a little concerned about the 15 pounds he put on....and if he'll be as slippery as he can be.  I realize he might need weight for our scheme, but I'd rather have him maximize his efficacy as a nickel rusher than compromise any of it to play in our base.  Hopefully he can do both.

I'm a little concerned about the 15 pounds he put on....and if he'll be as slippery as he can be.  I realize he might need weight for our scheme, but I'd rather have him maximize his efficacy as a nickel rusher than compromise any of it to play in our base.  Hopefully he can do both.

He looked fine in the Eagles game. In the heat, high tempo. We'll see what it's like tomorrow night.

Only real issue i see with Anderson is the reason he was so disruptive in Stanford.  he sometimes gives up his footwork and balance to get past a blocker and get in the backfield.  This is excellent at times, and devastating at others, since too often it ends up with him on the ground, albeit still in the backfield.. -like Freeney's speed rush taking him out of run plays sometimes.-.  If he can shore up that, I think he has a bright future.

Robinson i liked from the get go.

Had hopes for Good. -seems like his size/athleticism are huge benefits.- And showed alot in the first preseason  game.

Parry to me is performing above expectations so far.

Still need to have reps going against 1st team'ers to get a good look, but so far, they look promising.

I for one am loving it.  If you take anything away from that lovely endeavor at Phillie, it could be that the draft picks played very well.  I'm particularly enthused about Parry, Herrera, and Josh Robinson.  What do you all think?

I enjoy your enthusiasim but its far far too early to judge that class yet.  They yet to play against starters in a meaningful game.