Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans RB Arian Foster Injures Groin May Require Surgery

HtownColt

@taniaganguli: Arian Foster suffered a groin injury last night at the #Texans first fully padded practice, sources say.

@JaysonBraddock: Arian Foster's groin injury is serious in nature. Source said it should require surgery & may be candidate for IR w/ designation for return.

Man the Texans just cannot catch a break.

Or a pass.....

Sorry Vance & QuizBoy. I didn't mean to laugh there, but BHC's humor was priceless there. BHC is good at what I call sarcasm grenades. 

Translation: 1 forum member makes an innocent statement & BHC swoops in to drop a comic gem. Nice work.  :hat:

who is the primary backup?

A second year guy named Alfred Blue. He was carted off the field yesterday, but that was due to leg cramps. He can fill in I think, and he's good in the passing game, but I worry about the depth behind him.

A second year guy named Alfred Blue. He was carted off the field yesterday, but that was due to leg cramps. He can fill in I think, and he's good in the passing game, but I worry about the depth behind him.

He's a pretty good RB from what I saw. Pretty quick too.

I should have remembered that. I had him stashed on my bench in fantasy last year... He was effective when he played

He's a pretty good RB from what I saw. Pretty quick too.

Yep, he and Jeremy Hill were a good duo at LSU. I like what he brings to the table too, but the guy is no Arian Foster. I'm not glad about the injury of course, but it's good that it happened early in camp so Blue can get those number one back reps.

I should have remembered that. I had him stashed on my bench in fantasy last year... He was effective when he played

Yeah he and Foster have completely different styles too. I hope he can handle the workload that Arian does over the course of a season.

Yeah he and Foster have completely different styles too. I hope he can handle the workload that Arian does over the course of a season.

depending how long he is out, there are some good rbs at home waiting by there phones. Ahmad Bradshaw being one of them

If Foster is out for the year the Texans will have a bunch of career backups who have looked okay thusfar. He's a huge part of the offense, they still have no QB, and they lost a HOF WR. They'd better hope he comes back.

depending how long he is out, there are some good rbs at home waiting by there phones. Ahmad Bradshaw being one of them

Trent Richardson might be available in a couple weeks... ::ouch::

On topic, Arian Foster is one of my favorite backs in the league. Sucks that he's hurt.

You guys signed Chris Polk in the off season. He was a workhorse for UW stuck behind Shady in Philly I'd keep an eye on him I will be for fantasy

Yeah I was just thinking about him too. I hope they don't consider Rice at all. We don't need that here.

I don't think Foster was just a flash in the pan or anything.  I think he was/is a very talented runner with great patience and vision.  I think the problem comes with his use.  He's been one of the top used backs in the league in the last few years, and all those carries and hits will take their toll.

Yeah I was just thinking about him too. I hope they don't consider Rice at all. We don't need that here.

Rice's play was declining before he knocked out his girlfriend, I would be surprised if he plays in the NFL again. The Texans don't need him Blue. Polk you drafted Hillard from LSU late as well.

Rice's play was declining before he knocked out his girlfriend, I would be surprised if he plays in the NFL again. The Texans don't need him Blue. Polk you drafted Hillard from LSU late as well.

I'd be surprised too. I personally don't know too much about Polk or Hilliard, but apparently Pierre Thomas is coming to Houston tomorrow for a visit. If he's in good shape I don't think he leaves. I know he was pretty good playing with the Saints for quite a few years.