Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate Central (one thread, merged, moderated)

IndyD4U

The quote did not come through. Can you repost?

It did come through... you're choosing to not see it.

Once again.....   your words:

Brady destroying his phone is a bad, bad look. I have always felt from day one that Grigson never makes that call unless the Colts or Ravens knew that Brady did this routinely. Still 4 games does not fit the crime here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem that you and other Colt fans love to ignore is that the Wells Report did not prove guilt.

Whatsoever.

In fact, all it did was highlight the flaws in the attack on the Patriots.

THATS why Patriot fans, and logical spectators, still back Brady. Because there's still NO proof that he did anything wrong. Just conjecture.

I'll enjoy watching Brady miss zero games over this lame witch hunt.

haha-no-o.gif

Hahhahaha pats* fans crack me up. 

Enjoy your asterisks.

Dan Shaughnessy sums it up

"Please. Give up. It’s time for local loyalists to parachute down from Planet Patriot and get in touch with reality. Stop twisting yourselves into knots to justify the petty crimes and coverups of the Patriots and their quarterback

It appears to have been systematic. Tom Brady knew about it, then he destroyed evidence. Sorry. Obstructing an investigation by destroying evidence doesn’t play in America. No matter what happens now, the hard-earned accomplishments of Brady and the Patriots are tarnished." 

Link to the full article: 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/07/28/shaughnessy/T32IKjU6IVYjEWml2YfrMI/story.html 

Brady's statement. He did not destroy his phone.

Tom Brady

I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either.

Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable.

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

I authorized the NFLPA to make a settlement offer to the NFL so that we could avoid going to court and put this inconsequential issue behind us as we move forward into this season. The discipline was upheld without any counter offer. I respect the Commissioners authority, but he also has to respect the CBA and my rights as a private citizen. I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight.

Lastly, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support of family, friends and our fans who have supported me since the false accusations were made after the AFC Championship game. I look forward to the opportunity to resume playing with my teammates and winning more games for the New England Patriots.

LOL

So he again can't come out and speak he had to have someone type him a letter, which STILL conflicts with previous statements? Lol...

Oh man this is getting better than days of our lives.

Except that there was actual evidence of Rose and Armstrong. Stop swallowing what the media tells you and show us the evidence of Brady's guilt. Please: show us such FACTS.

The Wells Report was full of facts. You just chose to swallow what ever Tom Brady shoves down your throat, and ignore actual facts. 

*Brady or an associate* destroyed his phone so that he wouldn't get busted. He completely and knowingly refused to cooperate with the investigation. These are all facts. 

If Tom Brady takes it to court and they subpoena the phone records, game over for his whole laughable argument. 

Dan Shaughnessy sums it up

"Please. Give up. It’s time for local loyalists to parachute down from Planet Patriot and get in touch with reality. Stop twisting yourselves into knots to justify the petty crimes and coverups of the Patriots and their quarterback

It appears to have been systematic. Tom Brady knew about it, then he destroyed evidence. Sorry. Obstructing an investigation by destroying evidence doesn’t play in America. No matter what happens now, the hard-earned accomplishments of Brady and the Patriots are tarnished." 

Link to the full article: 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/07/28/shaughnessy/T32IKjU6IVYjEWml2YfrMI/story.html 

Quoting Dan S. has zero credibility. He is a notorious Pats hater and Boston sports cynic.

Ok Pats fans logic through this whole thing:

when news first broke of balls being deflated:

---pure coincidence, nothing to see here

When news came of Wells investigating:

---It'll show Brady did nothing and he'll be vindicated

When the Wells Report was released and showed Brady most likely had something to do with it:

---The report is severly flawed and they're out to get Tom but no penalty should come because of that

When the punishments came down:

----The league is out to get Brady and the Patriots, league ows them an apology...then Kraft backs off....wonder why.  We'll be vindicated on appeal

Punishment is upheld on appeal:

----This is a travesty, he did nothing wrong...even though new evidence came out that Brady destroyed his phone conveniently before the interview. We'll be vindicated when this goes to court.

Though you must know that at this point, those text messages could be subpoena'd.

and what if the court upholds the appeal ruling?

Just out of curiosity, how is that any different than if Brady had handed over his phone ?

You would simply say that Brady deleted the texts.

There is a difference:

If Brady did not want to give up the phone because it contained messages to his wife, then obviously, the "unprecedented amount of electronic data" given would not have included the messages he did not want the NFL to see.  Pretty much proving that the "unprecedented amount of electronic data" had been scrubbed prior to giving it to the NFL.

If he would have just given up the phone submissively, personal messages and all, then there would be less reason to believe that he scrubbed the data before he gave it up.

If he would have handed over an unbroken phone submissively, it would have gone farther towards believing his case than handing over a broken phone under protest.  If he merely dropped the phone, then I guess he gets suspended, ulitmately, because of his own sloppy fingers. 

See?  In rule enforcement, you have maintain a standard, so sometimes people become victims of their own "bad luck" as they will claim. 

Rule enforcers shouldn't be swayed by that, because the integrity of the game is more important than any potential unfair treatment to one player in one incident.  Whiners think the world should run with opposite priorities.

The Pats played will footballs that violated the rules.  Whether the ball boy, the QB, or the weather was to blame doesn't matter.  What is provable is that the Pats plyed the game will footballs that violated the rules, and the QB handled the deflated footballs every play.  Both the team and the player should be punished in a way that is significant enbough to disincent other teams from playing with footballs that violate the rules in the future.  Its that simple.

The problem that you and other Colt fans love to ignore is that the Wells Report did not prove guilt.

Whatsoever.

In fact, all it did was highlight the flaws in the attack on the Patriots.

THATS why Patriot fans, and logical spectators, still back Brady. Because there's still NO proof that he did anything wrong. Just conjecture.

I'll enjoy watching Brady miss zero games over this lame witch hunt.

Just me and other Colts fans? OK, if that's what you believe just keep on. Like I said, I refuse to debate or argue about this. Find someone else to peddle your pile of horse dung to.

The only winners in all of this are going to be the lawyers.

yeah, it's become an NFLPA v the NFL thing so, I guess they need to duke this out.

Honestly though the wasted moral outrage is depressing as well.

Be good when the season starts again

And these media experts have gotten so much right this whole time, right? LOL. Let's see it play out. At this point, Brady has zero to lose anyways. Go to the wall.

Yeah, I'll give you that about media "experts". 

However, I think Brady has much to lose here.  Right now, he's still got some supporters, lets say the court not only upholds the punishment but it comes out during under oath testimony that this whole thing was orchestrated by Tom himself.........he's done.  Or worse yet, for the Patriots, that BB was involved after all, or

that Tom did infact pay these 2 guys to stay quiet.......The latter would open Tom Brady up to federal bribery charges and possible racketerring; I dont think that'd happen, but it could.  

This thread has gone on for 13 pages because of the nonsensical arguments brought about by people who want to know minutia about a situation that can't ever really be known.  Its the idea that "scientific thought" makes a person more intelligent or enlightened.  Nonsense.

Playing with footballs that are below PSI standards violate the rules.  Nothing else matters.

Here is what matters:

THE TEAM THAT WON THE AFCGG BROKE THE RULES.  THE TEAM THAT LOST THE GAME DID NOT BREAK THE RULES.

You punish the team that broke the rules.  All of this arguing about weather, restrooms, telephones, etc...is just an attempt to get people to think that the way you punish a team or a QB is by having to know all of the minutia.  Knowing that we will never know the minutia, so therefore you can never punish anybody for anything (unless you have a video from an elevator)

No, we don't need to know that.  We just need to know who broke the rules, and who won the game.

Yeah, I'll give you that about media "experts". 

However, I think Brady has much to lose here.  Right now, he's still got some supporters, lets say the court not only upholds the punishment but it comes out during under oath testimony that this whole thing was orchestrated by Tom himself.........he's done.  Or worse yet, for the Patriots, that BB was involved after all, or

that Tom did infact pay these 2 guys to stay quiet.......The latter would open Tom Brady up to federal bribery charges and possible racketerring; I dont think that'd happen, but it could.  

If any of those scenarios were a real possibility, I don't believe Brady goes to court. But we will see. Much is about to come out on the league too and IMO that is a bigger issue as again most believe Brady did it and in the end he may serve the 4 games. But the process of the league will also be exposed as well as the appeal hearing which is what I am most interested in learning about as that is the basis that Roger used to uphold the suspension and if he did ignore info Brady provided in terms of the electronic comms and did not let the PA interview key witnesses than I can't see how any judge would see the process to punish as being fair under the terms of the CBA.

yeah, it's become an NFLPA v the NFL thing so, I guess they need to duke this out.

Honestly though the wasted moral outrage is depressing as well.

Be good when the season starts again

It's incredibly silly over a little bit of air in a football.

Only a few more weeks to go.

It's incredibly silly over a little bit of air in a football.

Only a few more weeks to go.

I get that they need to fight this out and that pats fans don't want to see 4 games without Brady.

Still I'm sick of it and ready to focus on my team rather than the problems of another team

If any of those scenarios were a real possibility, I don't believe Brady goes to court. But we will see. Much is about to come out on the league too and IMO that is a bigger issue as again most believe Brady did it and in the end he may serve the 4 games. But the process of the league will also be exposed as well as the appeal hearing which is what I am most interested in learning about as that is the basis that Roger used to uphold the suspension and if he did ignore info Brady provided in terms of the electronic comms and did not let the PA interview key witnesses than I can't see how any judge would see the process to punish as being fair under the terms of the CBA.

BINGO. 

Sham Wow won't go to court because if the text messages are subpoena'd his whole house of lies will come crashing down. 

This thread has gone on for 13 pages because of the nonsensical arguments brought about by people who want to know minutia about a situation that can't ever really be known.  Its the idea that "scientific thought" makes a person more intelligent or enlightened.  Nonsense.

Playing with footballs that are below PSI standards violate the rules.  Nothing else matters.

Here is what matters:

THE TEAM THAT WON THE AFCGG BROKE THE RULES.  THE TEAM THAT LOST THE GAME DID NOT BREAK THE RULES.

You punish the team that broke the rules.  All of this arguing about weather, restrooms, telephones, etc...is just an attempt to get people to think that the way you punish a team or a QB is by having to know all of the minutia.  Knowing that we will never know the minutia, so therefore you can never punish anybody for anything (unless you have a video from an elevator)

No, we don't need to know that.  We just need to know who broke the rules, and who won the game.

Colt balls were under 12.5.

Looks like Colts are cheaterzzzzz too!

For those of you thinking that Kraft is against Brady, you just missed his press conference.

Kraft on TV right now:

1. Last time he'll talk.

2. NFL decision "unfathomable."

3. Fully supports TFB.

4. APOLOGIZES TO FANS FOR HIS ACTIONS IN MAY/JUNE. Says that he was wrong. WHOA!!!!!!!!!

5. False reports shaped public decision.

6. NFL DELIBERATELY SLANDERED BY NEFARIOUS "BROKEN CELL PHONE" HEADLINES.

7. People in NFL office are more interested in being right than doing what was fair or just.

8. He regrets what he did in May.

9. Accepted penalty because he thought that it would exonerate Brady.

10. He was wrong to have faith in the league.

Gee, look at this... Kraft throws down the gauntlet.

So those of you claiming that Kraft's lack of support for Brady was telling, what say you now?

Pats fans just are not going to believe Brady did this. They just are not no matter what anyone says or does. Short of video coming out showing Brady sticking needles in the balls and even then I am sure some will defend him.

Here is the thing the Pats and Brady have taken a major hit over this outside of the northeast. I am sure Pats fans will say this just people being jealous but it's not. They have now been caught cheating twice and there seems to a general beleaf this isn't all they are doing. Again, nothing we say here is going to make Pats fans believe this. So we are just arguing in circles. If people wish to do that fine but you are pretty much talking to a brick wall. Personally I know what I think and it's enough for me that it appears that's how the majority of people feel about the Pats and Brady.

For those of you thinking that Kraft is against Brady, you just missed his press conference.

Kraft on TV right now:

1. Last time he'll talk.

2. NFL decision "unfathomable."

3. Fully supports TFB.

4. APOLOGIZES TO FANS FOR HIS ACTIONS IN MAY/JUNE. Says that he was wrong. WHOA!!!!!!!!!

5. False reports shaped public decision.

6. NFL DELIBERATELY SLANDERED BY NEFARIOUS "BROKEN CELL PHONE" HEADLINES.

7. People in NFL office are more interested in being right than doing what was fair or just.

8. He regrets what he did in May.

9. Accepted penalty because he thought that it would exonerate Brady.

10. He was wrong to have faith in the league.

Gee, look at this... Kraft throws down the gauntlet.

So those of you claiming that Kraft's lack of support for Brady was telling, what say you now?

Well if Kraft said it, it all MUST be true.

Everyone bow down!