Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens and Pats Looking At Reggie Wayne

King Colt

Radio Houston is wrong. Ravens apparently aren't going to go after him. There's a lot of rumors swirling around him right now but I don't think he gets signed until some team's receiver goes down in TC.

I'd hate to see Reggie go to New England, but we basically stole Andre from Houston so i can't really complain about it. 

Stole Andre? They wanted him to take a reduced role so he went to a contender. Hoping he doesn't go, don't want to see one of the greatest Colts of all time and the man who has played the most games for us wearing the cheaters uniform.

Why would Reggie sign with New England? At this stage in his career, I'm sure he wants to sign with a team that is at least going to make the playoffs

Which is one of the reasons he would sign with New England.

some reporter mentions seemingly logical destinations, then next thing you know those teams a "rumored" to be interested

when there are actual reports of wayne being in some NFL city or team complex, then we'll have something of actual substance

personally I don't mind if he wants to sign with new england. whatever reggie wants, i am cool with it

reggie-pimp.jpg

I cant see Reggie joining the Pats.  Maybe I am wrong but I just dont see it.  If he wants to compete for another superbowl ring, the Pats, Broncos and Steelers would probably be good choices.

Sounds like a contradiction.

Dude wants another ring, NE would be one of the logical choices to go to for that. I probably would have personally brought him back 1 more year if I was Grigson(If Wayne wanted...I don't know why he wouldn't), Granted Wayne isn't what he used to be but he did put up almost 800 yards playing with 1 good arm for a good chunk of the season, I'd have to think he still has 1000 yards left even with his declining ability to get separation.

Not that Im making a big deal about it of course as I think he would have been a 3rd or 4th opinion at this point on most plays in his career.....thereby not likely up near 1000 yards (Behind Hilton, Johnson and maybe even Moncrief.....I could argue Fleener as well)......But till proven otherwise I'd have to give him the edge as the 5th wr

1.Hilton

2.Johnson

3.Moncrief

4.Dorsett

5.Wayne

PS-Duron Carter

Again not a big deal but in this particular case I might have brought Wayne back for 1 more year.

I cant see Reggie joining the Pats.  Maybe I am wrong but I just dont see it.  If he wants to compete for another superbowl ring, the Pats, Broncos and Steelers would probably be good choices.

based on history, players dont seem to care at all about former team rivalries if they are a free agent looking for a job

i wouldnt have any hard feelings if reggie joined the patriots.  i think it would be cool to see him play next year.  hopefully he doesnt catch a game winning score against us though, that would hurt

If I remember correctly, after signing with us again in 2012, Reggie said something like "I could never go to New England"

I thought he said that too.

I know he really wants to play one more year, and even though it would be really weird to see him in another uniform I wouldn't mind seeing him connect with Peyton again.

If I remember correctly, after signing with us again in 2012, Reggie said something like "I could never go to New England"

Do you have a link to that quote? I remember him saying it was difficult between NE and Indy but that he believed in Pagano and his plan with a new rookie QB.

I thought he said that too.

I know he really wants to play one more year, and even though it would be really weird to see him in another uniform I wouldn't mind seeing him connect with Peyton again.

I would love to see him in Denver with Peyton.

Do you have a link to that quote? I remember him saying it was difficult between NE and Indy but that he believed in Pagano and his plan with a new rookie QB.

I tried looking for it, but I can't find it.  He might not have said it, but I thought he did

I would love to see him in Denver with Peyton.

I tried looking for it, but I can't find it.  He might not have said it, but I thought he did

I remember him saying something like that too, although he also said he would never play for another team other than Indy, and that his last game would be as a Colt, but I guess when you have the itch, you need to itch it.

He would be better off with Denver. He at least sorta already knows the QB there......

Or he should have checked out New Orleans since he is from there but I doubt the Saints are even calling him.

Pats ugh. With all the hype on the deflate gate thing it makes it even worse if he went there too.

He can go wherever he wants in the end, it's his choice. But, that don't mean if he signed with NE I am going to do cartwheels. 

He kind of says it here, but I thought he said it more clearly at one point

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/reggie-wayne-says-his-return-to-colts-shouldnt-have-been-a-surprise/

“Colt for life,” Wayne said Wednesday.  “I’m going to get that tattoo put on my back. . . .  I’m here in the 317, which is Indianapolis and I’m here for the rest of my career.  Let’s go ahead and win while we can.”

I thought he said very explicitly that he could never play for another team.  I don't know if he specifically named the Patriots, but I thought he had said something to that effect.

I actually doubt Reggie honestly really does want to play for another team at this point in his career.

He might be forced too though later, we'll see.........

I think he wants another year or so. But, I won't count out retirement later on as well.

Dude wants another ring, NE would be one of the logical choices to go to for that. I probably would have personally brought him back 1 more year if I was Grigson(If Wayne wanted...I don't know why he wouldn't), Granted Wayne isn't what he used to be but he did put up almost 800 yards playing with 1 good arm for a good chunk of the season, I'd have to think he still has 1000 yards left even with his declining ability to get separation.

Not that Im making a big deal about it of course as I think he would have been a 3rd or 4th opinion at this point on most plays in his career.....thereby not likely up near 1000 yards (Behind Hilton, Johnson and maybe even Moncrief.....I could argue Fleener as well)......But till proven otherwise I'd have to give him the edge as the 5th wr

1.Hilton

2.Johnson

3.Moncrief

4.Dorsett

5.Wayne

PS-Duron Carter

Again not a big deal but in this particular case I might have brought Wayne back for 1 more year.

I think the problem with Carter on the Practice Squad is that he'd either (A) get taken when we have to cut down to 53 and then assign 10 to the PS (those players have to be exposed to the other 31 teams)

OR.....

(B)   He'd be grabbed later on during the season by a lesser team building for the future.

So.....

For those reasons, I'd rather not bring back Wayne for one year and risk losing Carter for the rest of his career.....

I think the problem with Carter on the Practice Squad is that he'd either (A) get taken when we have to cut down to 53 and then assign 10 to the PS (those players have to be exposed to the other 31 teams)

OR.....

(B)   He'd be grabbed later on during the season by a lesser team building for the future.

So.....

For those reasons, I'd rather not bring back Wayne for one year and risk losing Carter for the rest of his career.....

Don't get me wrong, I think Carter has a chance to be good....Who knows...Maybe even great...Im just not concerned if we do end up putting Carter on the PS (Which I dont think happens)and someone does pick him up so much because of the talent we already have at WR. I am however looking forward to seeing what Carter can do in the NFL

Don't get me wrong, I think Carter has a chance to be good....Who knows...Maybe even great...Im just not concerned if we do end up putting Carter on the PS (Which I dont think happens)and someone does pick him up so much because of the talent we already have at WR. I am however looking forward to seeing what Carter can do in the NFL

Respectfully....

I think that's a dangerous and short-sighted view to take....

Because of the 4 remaining top WR's,   two of them,  Hilton and Johnson,  could be off the team in two years...

And then it's just Moncrief and Dorsett....    if Carter goes elsewhere and becomes what we hope he can,  then he does it for another team.    Not good.

What's the point of going after a guy,  beating ever other team for him,  and then literally give him away to another team for nothing?

Have to hold on to assets,  especially affordable ones,  which Carter is....

Respectfully....

I think that's a dangerous and short-sighted view to take....

Because of the 4 remaining top WR's,   two of them,  Hilton and Johnson,  could be off the team in two years...

And then it's just Moncrief and Dorsett....    if Carter goes elsewhere and becomes what we hope he can,  then he does it for another team.    Not good.

What's the point of going after a guy,  beating ever other team for him,  and then literally give him away to another team for nothing?

Have to hold on to assets,  especially affordable ones,  which Carter is....

Good point, However I don't think we let Hilton walk. For me Im just not sold on Carter yet, I have to see him do it in the pre season and then the regular season. I honestly thought Da'Rick Rodgers looked better on tape then Carter does but Rodgers was a knucklehead

Yeah losing their qb for four games and their best defensive player they are a lock, I'm sure

If they do lose their quarterback for four games it will be just that...four games. That's only a quarter of the season.

Doubt it. I think Reggie is done, unfortunately.

Exactly PGT rob, 87's playing days on a professional level are long gone now. I love him to death, but Wayne is just not the same athletically. He isn't. The fat lady has officially sung. 

Enjoy civilian life & pursue other interests as you bide your time for your yellow jacket down the line.