Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

stirring the pot.

csmopar

I guess he don't follow the Colts all that close. Earlier the Colts offered Pagano a contract and he turned it down. I know it wasn't a long term deal but I am not too sure if Irsay wants any long term deals in the coaching area. Pagano laughed at the lame duck comment and said he don't plan on going anywhere and they would get it worked out. I just feel that Irsay will not make any changes as long as improvement is made.

I'm of the notion that Mike Florio has consistently taken shots at Indianapolis in the past, and continues to spew that rhetoric with this line of argument that rifting is at play here between Grigson & Pagano. IMO, it's utter non-sense. In this piece, he points out that over time he feels that Tennessee overtakes Luck and the Colts with an unproven QB in Mariota (IMO a potentially good-to-great NFL QB).

No way. Mariota will never overshadow Luck's proven ability to be a greater QB for the next 10-12 years or so barring injury. Next, the Irsay factor. Jim Irsay will not throw away 3 years of rebuilding a team because of contract dispute from either Grigson/Pagano. Have the two not seen eye-to-eye in the past from a coaching and GM point of view? Yeah, okay. It happens all the time in the NFL.

So, what? Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano stay all on the same page until this so called, "Building the Monster" is achieved. After that, who knows? Seems to me that continues on, if all parties want to become a dynamic force to be reckoned with year in and year out.

I'm of the notion that Mike Florio has consistently taken shots at Indianapolis in the past, and continues to spew that rhetoric with this line of argument that rifting is at play here between Grigson & Pagano. IMO, it's utter non-sense. In this piece, he points out that over time he feels that Tennessee overtakes Luck and the Colts with an unproven QB in Mariota (IMO a potentially good-to-great NFL QB).

No way. Mariota will never overshadow Luck's proven ability to be a greater QB for the next 10-12 years or so barring injury. Next, the Irsay factor. Jim Irsay will not throw away 3 years of rebuilding a team because of contract dispute from either Grigson/Pagano. Have the two not seen eye-to-eye in the past from a coaching and GM point of view? Yeah, okay. It happens all the time in the NFL.

So, what? Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano stay all on the same page until this so called, "Building the Monster" is achieved. After that, who knows? Seems to me that continues on, if all parties want to become a dynamic force to be reckoned with year in and year out.

In Florio's defense, he didn't say Tennessee will over take the Colts, he said it's possible depending on what Mariota develops into. He also said the same goes for Bortles and the Jags, and there's no defense for that one.

Probably best to copy 'n' paste content from the link here for people to review. I'm curious in the same way I'm curious when I drive by a car accident. I want to look but I know I shouldn't. 

Anywho.....if you post content from the article here, that will cut down on page hits for that hack journalist, which is the only reason these clowns write such inflammatory, speculative online articles. 

Probably best to copy 'n' paste content from the link here for people to review. I'm curious in the same way I'm curious when I drive by a car accident. I want to look but I know I shouldn't. 

Anywho.....if you post content from the article here, that will cut down on page hits for that hack journalist, which is the only reason these clowns write such inflammatory, speculative online articles. 

This!!

It's just a video, no article.  

The Texans are perhaps a Big Ten QB from next year away from being neck and neck with us right now.  Their coach is no joke.  Watt and that D just keeps building THEIR monster and if they can ever get an above average QB, watch out as they seem to be building like the Ravens.  Imagine if Clowney is even 50% of what people said he could be... that pass rush is beyond scary and could end Luck's season or career on any given play.  

I worry about teams taking cheap shots at his legs trying to take him out... even with Hasselbeck I don't think we can compete for the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl.  After he retires, who knows who we'll be stuck with backing up Luck.  Another reason they are "GOING FOR IT" this year is because when Lucks record setting Contract comes in, we won't be getting any top shelf FA's because we won't have the money.  I was watching discussion today somewhere evaluating our contracts and saying there's no way we can bring back Hilton, the two TE's and Castonzo as well as sign Luck let alone anyone else who is up without losing at least 2 of those 2012 guys.  THAT would suck big time.  Perhaps they want the TE's, Castonzo and Luck and will let TY go if Dorsett works out.  Would be sad.  Like losing HOF RB Marshall Faulk all over again.  Even though the Edge was amazing, we still would have ROCKED with Marshall. 

The Texans are perhaps a Big Ten QB from next year away from being neck and neck with us right now.  

I agree with this.  I hope they keep winning 7-9 games so they are out of the division race AND it is that much harder to find their QB.

I was watching discussion today somewhere evaluating our contracts and saying there's no way we can bring back Hilton, the two TE's and Castonzo as well as sign Luck let alone anyone else who is up without losing at least 2 of those 2012 guys.  THAT would suck big time.  Perhaps they want the TE's, Castonzo and Luck and will let TY go if Dorsett works out.  Would be sad

We will have the cap room to bring back everyone we want to bring back.  I'd be especially shocked if TY wasn't re-signed.. I don't think you have to worry about that.

I will certainly miss Pagano if he's gone. I like his attitude and dedication and the relationship he has with the players. The truth is that if our run defense isn't significantly improved, he's probably not back next year.

That's exactly right especially with the win now this team seems to want.

Florio's bias is on full view if you ever watch his NFL Football show on CBS Sports, 220 on Directv. I knew nothing about him two years ago, and it was the offseason Irsay was pulled over and given the DUI, and had all the medications. He was just mercilus ripping Irsay everyday. It seems the Colts are his favorite whipping boy. Not sure why, but he is clearly bias, so don't even click on it. It will not be worth the read.

Florio, has always been a Colts hater, He likes to cause controversy like most bloggers and commentators. 

it is true we do not know what the next ten years can hold but I like our chances 

Regarding Pagano and Grigson, they have moved this team one step closer to the super bowl every year. The embarrassing games along the way shows the areas that need to be addressed and we took steps this year

Chapman and Hughes are one year better,. Jones and Langford will be solid on the ends

Add Cole and Irving to the linebacking core and hopefully a healthy and hungry Mathis

We added depth across the defense so this will be a year of competition which makes a team stronger