Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson ceiling.

3nk1du

Henry3.gif

Stuff like this. He didn't beat the block with power or speed, he just hustled his butt off and made a play that he probably had no business making. There's nothing like this from Arik Armstead. If Anderson doesn't succeed in the NFL, it won't be for lack of effort on his part.

That's what I'm talking about :)

Because NFL talent evaluators miss......a lot.

Talent evaluators in ALL SPORTS miss....   a lot.

That's just a true-ism in the evaluation of human beings.     I'm being totally serious here.

It's why you hear people say it's hard to measure things like.....   heart and will and desire and want....    all those things that are inside a player but you can't physically see them and measure them.

It's also hard to measure what a player will do when he's got freedom as a grown adult and more money than he's ever had before,  and in some cases,  millions more.    Those two things -- freedom and money -- can turn the head of plenty of players and not for the better.

Player evaluation is a hard business....   the batting average of people who are great at it isn't all that high....

Talent evaluators in ALL SPORTS miss....   a lot.

That's just a true-ism in the evaluation of human beings.     I'm being totally serious here.

It's why you hear people say it's hard to measure things like.....   heart and will and desire and want....    all those things that are inside a player but you can't physically see them and measure them.

It's also hard to measure what a player will do when he's got freedom as a grown adult and more money than he's ever had before,  and in some cases,  millions more.    Those two things -- freedom and money -- can turn the head of plenty of players and not for the better.

Player evaluation is a hard business....   the batting average of people who are great at it isn't all that high....

Thank you.  If we don't end up with another Quinn Pitcock, then we will be fine.

I think he will put on some muscle and get toned up a lot more being in the NFL training program. Either way, I think he's the steal of our draft. 

I  think D Joun Smith is as well , really like the D draft , really filled some needs ,with what I see as quality.

Agreed.

One was drafted 11th overall.     The other was drafted 93rd.

And there's good reason for that.

Anderson is never going to be JJW.       If he can just be the best Henry Anderson he can be,  then Colts' fans will be very, very happy!

Well, that'st he thing about 20/20 hindsight.  If anyone knew that Watt would pan out the way he has, he would have been higher than the 11th pick.  Who knows, maybe one day we'll be saying that Anderson should have been a 1st round pick.   I think you've got the right mindset though.  I doubt he ever puts up Watt's numbers, so the Watt comparison is a stretch.  But you just never know how someone will pan out.  If he performs like a first round pick, it's a win for us all.  Who would have ever though Mathis would have been as good as he has been, and that guy was a 5th round pick.

Jared Allen? You people just can't help yourselves can you?

Considering Allens game, IMO, has been mostly about his pass rush, not his run stuffing, and my prediction Anderson Won`t be much of a pass rusher, i like the "poor man`s) physical comparison.

Maybe Anderson had some slight health (shoulder?) issues at the combine, smart and highly motivated, his 23 reps and slower feet are a red flag that questions his high ceiling. At 23 years old I still give most kids the potential to become Solid.

Considering Allens game, IMO, has been mostly about his pass rush, not his run stuffing, and my prediction Anderson Won`t be much of a pass rusher, i like the "poor man`s) physical comparison.

Maybe Anderson had some slight health (shoulder?) issues at the combine, smart and highly motivated, his 23 reps and slower feet are a red flag that questions his high ceiling. At 23 years old I still give most kids the potential to become Solid.

I was joking. What I meant is people can't come up with a comparison that isn't a white guy.

And by the way, Anderson dominated the combine in every drill aside from bench and explosion drills (but both were very above average)

Well this topic is to comment about Henry Anderson ceiling. 

What do you think is his ceiling?

I think he can improve a lot i have to tell you that he looks kind of fat (i think he can lose some fat and win a lot of muscle), he had good numbers at the combine but i think he is more athletic that we give credit of, he had a good 3 cone drill, 20 yds shuttle,i haven't seen the bench press of Anderson but i think he is on the 30s range. 

I would love to see Anderson to develop as a freaking monster JJ Watt  but being realistic i think he could be like Justin Smith he was a great player but IMO not to Watt's level.

Also Anderson could won like 10-15 lbs more but i would prefer that he lose some fat and win muscle.

After a year with a NFL strength program but taking care of his weight Anderson could be really good

I don't know why many members of the forum want him to win weight, we know that having the heaviest team doesn't imply that we are gonna stop the run.

Watt have the best work ethic on NFL , he wanted to be the best and he became the best defender on the league.

0.jpg

This one was taken on his pro day.

J+J+Watt+Seattle+Seahawks+v+Houston+Texa

Watt isn't as heavy as many of "our" prototype DL 310 lb +, he is listed around 289 ~ 295 lbs.

f1db256ee7ed5f8b365186915d9b9961.jpg

Justin Smith is listed around 285 ~ 290 lbs.

I watched a little of Anderson's highlight tape. His game appears to be quickness and strong hands and peels off blockers well by handfighting and changing direction. To me, he looks just fine size wise to play DE in the 3-4. He's going to be an asset on 3rd down.

Where are his triceps?

There in there somewhere, under an inch or so of softness. Not trying say he's soft as a player, or not strong physically. But clearly, he could use some tone. I think strength is more important than weight when it comes to defensive linemen.

Justin Smith like. He is going to be a superstar. I think in a year or two he'll be considered one of the best 3-4 DE's in the league. I think he's going to be great this year too. It wouldn't surprise me if he's starting by the middle of the year.

That's a very high praise for a third round pick.

I think our first few picks have the chance to contribute this year and make some sort of impact. I believe Robinson will make the team and contribute as well.

Henry is one of the guys I will have my eye on, with the right coaching and game experience, this kid has the tools to be very good.

The guy has a motor........ 

There is a guy that actually moves...... number 58, on that video........

He didnt get the sack...... but he was close.......

I wonder who that guy is ?

I wish we would have drafted him as well......

Chapman just seems to SIT.........