Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Get A Kings Ransom For 2Nd Pick?

BProland85

I know we wont get quite as much as we would for the 1st overall pick and Luck, but with Barkley staying could RG3 demand a high return of draft picks if some team like Washington really wanted him? Or even LT Matt Kalil for that matter.

I would love to trade down from the 2 spot if we get that, and get a couple of 1sts and still end up with CB Morris Claiborne or Justin Blackmon.

I don't know about a kings ransom and it wouldn't be what the Rams would get for Luck if we get the number two pick but we could probably pick up a few extra picks if we wanted to move back. With that said based on what Polian has said about the draft pick thus far I don't think we are going to be looking to move back.

Define good pick because it has two answers. Freeney was a pick in the teens and came after the last time we missed the playoffs so you could argue that. The last single digit pick we had was Edge.

Below 20.....

The Freeney pick was some 9-10 years ago.

We should work on CBs and possibly safety position. I know we need help on the oline, which I wish the address to, as well as the Dline..but there isnt enough good players to snag for all of our needs...

Our Lb core i think is the best it has been in a while...are Cornerbacks are average at best..we need a better Cb...Safety position changes all the time..bethea needs another man back there like him at least.

DT has been a problem, but I think we can fix it in FA maybe..Oline also has been a problem so can we fix that in the draft?

I dont know any good prospects for any of the positions we need, but I do know we need some help on this team and it isnt qb..not this year, in my opinion

I could see us trade the rams to get luck if they have number 1. Not sure what else we would have to give up to move up that one spot though. Hard to say. I think the jags beat us though and we get that number 1 pick. We are in there house and it's always a tough fight with the jags so I do see them winning it..of course they should purposely lose to keep us off the number 1 spot if they don't want to get luck wiped for the next decade.

Boy,oh boy. Everyone seems to think we beat the Jags. I dont know about that one. Just saying we have to win to lose luck AND the Rams have to lose. I think the rams lose. I just dont know what Colt team shows up next sunday. I'm soooooooooo confused about my team.

Odd times are these.

One week ago it seemed we were never going to win another game.

Now there's a realistic chance we lose out on the #1 pick.

For me? Let the pick falls where it may.

If we get the #1, I'm torn.

If we get the #2, I'm still torn.

It's way too early to contemplate what I'd prefer, especially with the #2.

Still Jrs. to commit to the draft. College All-Star Games to be played. The combine, and a whole lot of hype, and posturing.

Can't say yet what positions will be the strength or weakness in the draft.

I'm not big on RGIII, so if we get the #2, and he's in big demand, I'd trade it if we didn't have to drop too low, and could pick up a #1 next year, and additional pick this year.

never going to happen. the big value is for luck, and that's it.

Not neccessarily true, the hype begins after the season and the workouts. Players will rise a become must haves. Bad teams will give up the farm for a chance at what they believe is a once in a lifetime player. Will RGIII be that person, perhaps the RB with all world talent or will it be Blackmon who is supposed to be a can't miss prospect. SOmeone will pay big to move up to the #2 spot once the hype begins, not as much as the #1 spot will garner but it will be a value to consider.

I know we wont get quite as much as we would for the 1st overall pick and Luck, but with Barkley staying could RG3 demand a high return of draft picks if some team like Washington really wanted him? Or even LT Matt Kalil for that matter.

I would love to trade down from the 2 spot if we get that, and get a couple of 1sts and still end up with CB Morris Claiborne or Justin Blackmon.

Matt Barkley going back did whoever gets the second pick a big favor.

It still won't compare to what 1st overall would get by trading back.

85.....You'd have to plan and wait...

there's VERY little difference between picks 1 and 2......

..but we dont know if the Rams will keep or trade....

If Cleveland would give us both of their No.1 picks for out No.1 (No. 2 overall) and No.2 (No. 34 overall), I'd jump on that..

Why would Cleveland do that?

RG3

I wouldnt listen to polian when it comes to this years draft... its his sons job not his, and from the way i see it CP looks like the type of guy who would be willing to make a splash... keeping in mind with what he did for Ugoh, he very well could trade down to get more players.

Cleveland has two No.1 picks...and they need a QB...

Straight up trade......Our No. 2 overall for their two No. 1s

Everybody wins...

Maybe they could throw in Peyton Hillis is we send them Austin Collie

I would never take P Hillis for A Collie.....

On the real topic here, we can still gte a bounty. All we need is for STL to draft someone not named Luck and we could instantly trade the pick but they will be on the clock so they better have this deal worked out ahead of time.

On the real topic here, we can still gte a bounty. All we need is for STL to draft someone not named Luck and we could instantly trade the pick but they will be on the clock so they better have this deal worked out ahead of time.

SH..you wouldnt want Peyton Hillis??//// Wow..Why not??

If we deal with Clevaland he could be part of it...

We're loaded with receivers

We definitely have a top 2 pick at the right time. With the new CBA, those picks as aren't financially restrictive and hence are more valuable. However, the difference in trade value from #1 to #2 is astronomical in this particular year. If Manning proves healthy enough to play for 3 or 4 more years, I'm leaning toward gambling and trading the pick regardless, but you hear crazy things like 6 1st rounders for Luck (Have to see it to believe it) vs. a typical future 1st and maybe a couple mid-rounders for #2.

Cleveland has two No.1 picks...and they need a QB...

Straight up trade......Our No. 2 overall for their two No. 1s

Everybody wins...

Maybe they could throw in Peyton Hillis is we send them Austin Collie

I would do it for both their number one's this year and joe haden.But i'll pass on hillis,because he's a quitter much like pitcock,so i don't want to repeat that experience.

I would do it for both their number one's this year and joe haden.But i'll pass on hillis,because he's a quitter much like pitcock,so i don't want to repeat that experience.

Quitter...He's having contract problems..ran for 100 last week right??

Bet he;'d play with Manning and wayne and Saturday...

Quitter...He's having contract problems..ran for 100 last week right??

Bet he;'d play with Manning and wayne and Saturday...

He's a beast of a player,but his attitude just doesn't suit our franchise.I don't like the way he's handled his contract problem.If he quit on the brownies,then he would quit on us.He seriously hurt their season.

Luck is rated so high (those once in a decade type QBs), that I don't think the second pick will be that much more highly-valued than the 3rd to 5th pick. Living in Texas and having a number of Baylor grads at my church, I have seen enough of RGIII to rate him highly. He can throw an excellent deep pass, has great accuracy, and is mobile without having a run first mentality. He impresses me as a good kid (smart too) with a quiet confidence without arrogance. He would be the guy who would be willing to learn from Peyton for a couple of years. Luck would expect to play after one year at most. That's my opinion.

Luck is rated so high (those once in a decade type QBs), that I don't think the second pick will be that much more highly-valued than the 3rd to 5th pick. Living in Texas and having a number of Baylor grads at my church, I have seen enough of RGIII to rate him highly. He can throw an excellent deep pass, has great accuracy, and is mobile without having a run first mentality. He impresses me as a good kid (smart too) with a quiet confidence without arrogance. He would be the guy who would be willing to learn from Peyton for a couple of years. Luck would expect to play after one year at most. That's my opinion.

Yes this is why I hope we draft RG3 hopefully I think he can win over Polian and co at the combine.

Personally, i would prefer we dont have a chance to pick Luck. This will force us to pick someone else preferably a good OL or CB and avoid all drama. Of course, i am assuming Manning will be back healthy.

that's a mighty big assumption. the colts have to roll the dice because manning will not play a single game (obviously) before the Colts have to make a FRANCHISE decision.

I guess my choice would be Peyton is back for another 2-3 MVP type years, trade down to get a few extra picks, pick up some talent in the draft and maybe a couple of solid FAs, and let's make a couple of runs at another Superbowl with Mr Manning.

We should work on CBs and possibly safety position. I know we need help on the oline, which I wish the address to, as well as the Dline..but there isnt enough good players to snag for all of our needs...

Our Lb core i think is the best it has been in a while...are Cornerbacks are average at best..we need a better Cb...Safety position changes all the time..bethea needs another man back there like him at least.

DT has been a problem, but I think we can fix it in FA maybe..Oline also has been a problem so can we fix that in the draft?

I dont know any good prospects for any of the positions we need, but I do know we need some help on this team and it isnt qb..not this year, in my opinion

I think everybody is overblowing our DL "problem". Do we have the best DL in the league? No, but the Tampa-2 doesn't require the best. Having great DTs in the Tampa-2 is like icing on the cake. It can give you a dominant defense, but at what price? Are we going to fill our WR needs with lower round picks and take away some of the explosiveness of our offense? We got Drake Nevis last year and he was hurt most of the year. From what I've heard, he could be something special if he can stay on the field. I think AJ and Moala have done a decent job this year and I like some of the switching around of positions on passing downs that the new DC tried in the last couple of weeks. I think CB, OL, and WR are where we should concentrate for now.

All of this is just so hard to predict without knowing the true status of Manning come March 8th. If Manning is good to go then we have the flexibility to get out of the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and really look to reload some skill positions on this team.

If Manning is looking doubtful then the Polians absolutely HAVE to be looking for his replacement this draft. If we end up winning this Sunday and find out in March that Manning is not healing well or could have doubts then I think the best move is to draft RG-III. His upside is tremendous and the guy genuinely seems both smart and humble. He is seriously contemplating going back to school next year to complete his masters degree and in interviews you can tell that this kid is smart...unlike Russell and Vince Young who also wore the description as "physical QB's". This kid also has shown great accuracy when passing the ball and looks to be the pocket passer before he uses his legs.

In the scenario where Manning is looking good then you trade down and ensure that you have high pick in the 2013 draft to select a QB in the teen's of the 1st round that can be groomed like Rogers was. In this scenario you have the ability to setup options in the future.

That is a very good question, the Rams need a quality LT now because Sam Bradford is getting beat up and injured. Matt Kalil would be a great pick for them, but if they had the #1 pick, then it would be very hard and tricky for them to trade back and still get him. The colts might have plans of there own and trade away the #2 pick to someone who needs a good LT. The colts need to be prepared.

i haven't seen anyone say the colts should trade down to #27, 59, 124, and next years low 1st & 4th. do you think that's a kings ransom? i don't.

That's pretty good for the #6 overall pick. Just use a trade value chart, like this one: http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php

The #2 overall pick is valued at 2600, which is very close to what the #7, #23, and #40 picks are valued at 2660.

That's pretty good for the #6 overall pick. Just use a trade value chart, like this one: http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php

The #2 overall pick is valued at 2600, which is very close to what the #7, #23, and #40 picks are or a 2nd next year. valued at 2660.

that should be 2760.

that would be a very good trade for the colts. #72 instead of #40 would be more fair though.