Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

no talk about langford

bap1331

He did play for the rams. Believe it or not I really thought the rams were only a qb away from a deep run in the playoffs last year. Theyre defense was so solid. I wondered why he never made the pro bowl or anything but the team is so balanced on defense that its not a jj watt leader defense. Everyone does their part.

What is your analysis on this guy?

I think this video well summarizes how solid the d is

Here is the closest we will get to knowing him lol:

No threads about him cause most of this forum doesn't know him. Moment he signed a lot of folks labeled it a bad signing cause they rather Grigson dish out the money he could sign 6 guys to and hand it to guys like Suh

But to each their own I suppose

I like the signing, Langford is a solid player

:colts:

No threads about him cause most of this forum doesn't know him. Moment he signed a lot of folks labeled it a bad signing cause they rather Grigson dish out the money he could sign 6 guys to and hand it to guys like Suh

I didn't want Suh or any of those top Dl men, But what did turn me against Langford signing was the whole 17 tackles 1 sack no tackles for loss in 16 games last season

He's going to be asked to replace Redding which isn't a position I would want to be in.  With that said he sounds like he's solid and the Colts got a little younger at the DE position which they needed to do.  They are probably at least one DE short going into the draft though.

Yeah Langford's great, but we want better. We want a couple monsters up front. Langford should be a really good backup on a great team. I mean he wouldn't start for the Jets would he? No, he'd be a good backup. We could have signed Knighton and Fairley for a total of 10 million dollars. I don't think anything less than the best is acceptable personally. But I'm a big UK basketball fan, and use to Cal getting only the best year after year and totally dominating opponents.

Yeah Langford's great, but we want better. We want a couple monsters up front. Langford should be a really good backup on a great team. I mean he wouldn't start for the Jets would he? No, he'd be a good backup. We could have signed Knighton and Fairley for a total of 10 million dollars. I don't think anything less than the best is acceptable personally. But I'm a big UK basketball fan, and use to Cal getting only the best year after year and totally dominating opponents.

This is the NFL, you don't get the best at everything, it doesn't happen.

You are correct. Most don't have much to say about a player that wasn't on their radar. If they didn't mention the player before then they assume he is not worth the talk. It's easier to automatically discount the player than give any credit to Grigson and his staff for actually knowing a little more than some of us armchair GMs. We should know by now that Grigson will look anywhere and everywhere for players who he thinks can make the Colts better. There is not much talk about Carter and Heenen and IMO they will make the Colts better. Okine might turn out to be someone to look at also. All this will come out in camp and pre season games for sure.

There a very few in the NFL that would start over the jets D-Line.

I didn't want Suh or any of those top Dl men, But what did turn me against Langford signing was the whole 17 tackles 1 sack no tackles for loss in 16 games last season

You try dominating on a defensive line that has Long & Quick on it

Just cause he didn't put up their numbers doesn't mean he did nothing

Jerry Hughes out shined Kyle Williams & Dareus in BUF, doesn't mean they're bad players. He was the talk of the defense up there

So is it better to spend cap money on a few players to help the Colts or just a couple? This is not collage basketball and has no bearing. :realitycheck:

He's going to be asked to replace Redding which isn't a position I would want to be in. With that said he sounds like he's solid and the Colts got a little younger at the DE position which they needed to do. They are probably at least one DE short going into the draft though.

You say it as if Redding was a gawd here. He's replaceable on the field. What he brings motivation and veteran wise maybe not. But field wise, he can be replaced

Could've also had Ngata for a pick, didn't happen either

Get over it, stop looking for big name signings every FA period

That's how you end up like the Dolphins, paying $60mil for one trick ponies

The simple fact is this. If we want to build a juggernaut defense to go along with our beastly offense, we have to start hitting in the draft. If we draft right, we can build a monster defense. We just gotta hit on a couple players a few years in a row.

The simple fact is this. If we want to build a juggernaut defense to go along with our beastly offense, we have to start hitting in the draft. If we draft right, we can build a monster defense. We just gotta hit on a couple players a few years in a row.

That's the key. Too many are expecting the Colts struggles to be solved with free agents. Most free agents are what I call band aids. It stops the bleeding till it can heal. Good drafting is the great healer.

IMO I am still baffled on the D-Line we loose 2 solid players and sign 1 do not know much about Langford but we still have ota and preseason. I hope grigs has something up his sleeve for the draft for the D-line or he could be in the hot seat , Still have FA yet so we will see.

LOL. I know. I was just pointing out my tendency to expect for the best I guess.

I work in Memphis where Cal came and did his damage.  Yeah, he'll take you to the big time...illegally.  THe NCAA vacated his Final Four appearance with UMass and vacated his Memphis record breaking season the year they went to the championship game.  Maybe he won't get caught at UK.

I work in Memphis where Cal came and did his damage.  Yeah, he'll take you to the big time...illegally.  THe NCAA vacated his Final Four appearance with UMass and vacated his Memphis record breaking season the year they went to the championship game.  Maybe he won't get caught at UK.

Wasn't his name cleared in all that mess with Rose? He supposedly had no knowledge of it.

He's a lateral move from RJF and a downgrade from Redding.

Summed up well here, Gap penetrator, I actually think Langford will prove to be an upgrade in our system though getting to the QB and no worse than stuffing the run then Redding was

The Rams signed Langford to pair him with Brockers who is also 6'6 300+. It wasn't a bad idea to have two monsters in the middle but neither of them provided that interior pass rush they were looking for but instead are space eaters. That's why they replaced Langford with Donald and now Brockers with Fairley

Langford is good pick up and I wouldnt mind having Brockers as a 3-4 DE either.

That's the key. Too many are expecting the Colts struggles to be solved with free agents. Most free agents are what I call band aids. It stops the bleeding till it can heal. Good drafting is the great healer.

Thats true but we have some holes that need to be filled now. A team full of rookies at this point is not going to lead us to the super bowl so veterans are key. But it will help us coming years after.

I don't know if you guys are watching the same guy I'm watching. Langford is #98. He is in the backfield blowing stuff up almost every play he's in the game. Looks pretty quick for 6'6-313. He looks really good. And you're telling me he's better in a 3-4? I'm sold!!

Its not like we were the only ones going after Fairley and Knighton.... its called competition. Just cause we went after them didnt guarentee we would get them. We tried and they chose otherwise. And TBH I think we could get someone as good and with higher potential in the draft. Also were not always gonna get the best...so if that's what your expectations are, well you are gonna expierence alot of dissapointment my friend.

They only get the best year after year because the players know that Cal doesn't care if they come back for a second year and know they can go and make a lot of money in the NBA. He doesn't care about the education of his players only if they can help him. Normally he helps them cheat on test so they can help him.

And the Jets have one of the better defensive lines in the league. If you would've said quarterback or wideout for them then that wouldve been different

Get over redding. He was average , but played good last year. I recorded most of games last year, and he gets pushed back 5 yards most of the time. Most people hate on Chap, but he holds his ground. Watch the tape !!!

Yeah I think a decent part if our problem on Run D last season was when we couldn't maintain drives and going 3 and out 80% of the time. We would get worn down. I think we get a run game and sustain drives better then thats gonna help or D alot...especially in the 4th qtr. And I can wait to see what Cole and Mathis will do.

He did play for the rams. Believe it or not I really thought the rams were only a qb away from a deep run in the playoffs last year. Theyre defense was so solid. I wondered why he never made the pro bowl or anything but the team is so balanced on defense that its not a jj watt leader defense. Everyone does their part.

What is your analysis on this guy?

I think this video well summarizes how solid the d is

Here is the closest we will get to knowing him lol:

All this video does is make me wish we had Robert Quinn.

IMO I am still baffled on the D-Line we loose 2 solid players and sign 1 do not know much about Langford but we still have ota and preseason. I hope grigs has something up his sleeve for the draft for the D-line or he could be in the hot seat , Still have FA yet so we will see.

I trying figure out who will be more surprised you by how solid Langford will be on the D Line or the UK fan when banners start coming down and old Cal didn't have any idea anything was happening again.

Its not like we were the only ones going after Fairley and Knighton.... its called competition. Just cause we went after them didnt guarentee we would get them. We tried and they chose otherwise. And TBH I think we could get someone as good and with higher potential in the draft. Also were not always gonna get the best...so if that's what your expectations are, well you are gonna expierence alot of dissapointment my friend.

I can't imagine there was much of a bidding war on Knighton since he only got a 1 year 4 million dollar deal didn't he (or am I thinking of someone else?),  I wonder if we even talked to him? 

Thats true but we have some holes that need to be filled now. A team full of rookies at this point is not going to lead us to the super bowl so veterans are key. But it will help us coming years after.

That's only true up to a certain point. Filling every need with free agents is impossible with the salaries. That has to be done with draft picks that fall under the rookie cap. You make it sound like the Colts are so far away there is no hope without signing a whole bunch of free agent veterans. That is not the case. Why is it that the larger part of the Colt fans in this forum think the Colts are so bad they always are in need of players that are impossible to get on the roster? You check on the ESPN and NFL sites and they think the Colts are real close to being at the top od the AFC. It seems like the whole world sees the Colts for what they are over their own fans. This doom and gloom issue is old and stale.