Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No more deals

chrisfarley

I believe we have around $12 million, and if we win the grievance against RICHARDSON we should be up to $15. And if we cut Thomas, we should be around $20 million.

I'd be willing to sign for 1 year/19.8 million if they could afford it. I'm pretty versatile and typically play both DT/CB at the same time.

8"6

892 lbs

Vertical jump: 22 1/3rd ft

Bench press: reps infinite

40 time: 2.13 sec

I'd be willing to sign for 1 year/19.8 million if they could afford it. I'm pretty versatile and typically play both DT/CB at the same time.

8"6

892 lbs

With those measurables, I think you could get more.

8"6

892 lbs

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa ... Hilarious!

Even if Trent wins his appeal I hope the Colts are allowed to pay him without any effect on the cap. Similar to the NBA's amnesty clause. If not then the Colts should file a grievance to recieve a compensatory pick for how much of a complete scrub has was in Indy.

Fool made Donald Brown look like Gayle Sayers.

Even if Trent wins his appeal I hope the Colts are allowed to pay him without any effect on the cap. Similar to the NBA's amnesty clause. If not then the Colts should file a grievance to recieve a compensatory pick for how much of a complete scrub has was in Indy.

I don't think it works that way

8"6

892 lbs

I'll have to see your girlfriend. Every GM knows the best way to measure a man is by judging his woman.

I heard rumours of some red flags that might keep teams wary.. Apparently something to do with selling signed crab sticks during his college career?

I didn't ever steal any crab legs, but I did beat up a cab driver after being kicked out of a bar, they called the cops and I proceeded to burrie myself in mulch to hide from them. I also beat up a pizza guy for stealing my parking spot, those are the ONLY blemishes on my record.

I didn't ever steal any crab legs, but I did beat up a cab driver after being kicked out of a bar, they called the cops and I proceeded to burrie myself in mulch to hide from them. I also beat up a pizza guy for stealing my parking spot, those are the ONLY blemishes on my record.

If the Colts ask you to drop down to 875lbs do you think you can make the weight?

Trent is appealing so that brings it down. But there is no consensus on what we have.

he can appeal all he wants. fact of the matter is he missed walk throughs the day before the AFC champ. game and was suspended for it. and there was also reports that the team had repeatedly tried to get a hold of him and he never answered his phone. then he comes out this week and says indy was not a fit for him. if i were the grievance arbitrator (whatever its called) I would see that as he purposely missed it which led to his suspension. so i am more then willing to bet that the motion will be denied and he wont win.   

Cap space and all of it's "scary" scenarios to some is just that. If the Colts want to target a player they'll get him. Regardless what the team does in order to make that happen. It's done all the time in the NFL. Now, "wildcat players" as I like to call them (Suh, et.al.) will

never entertain the Colts organization as long as Jim Irsay owns this team. Attitude, money, work-ethics, and "system" have to all fall into play before this organization makes a move. It's just that way. Sometimes you do get "busts". However, that's life in the NFL.

⭐️ The Logic Police

How does Jim Irsay come into this. Suh only wanted money not a ring thats it also the Dolphins are already in trouble after this year trying to pay him will have to a lot of restructing of contracts to keep him.

How does Jim Irsay come into this. Suh only wanted money not a ring thats it also the Dolphins are already in trouble after this year trying to pay him will have to a lot of restructing of contracts to keep him.

Jim Irsay does not like and never will "problematic" football players. Doesn't want to deal with them. Suh has one ... on the field unsportsman like conductivity. I don't blame him for feeling that way at all by the way. I wouldn't sign players like that, either, if I owned a professional sports team.

No one is making you act like a vindictive hater so just move along

I'm not acting like a vindictive hater because Trent and the organization are both to blame. He played poorly and seems to have been a bad teammate and the Colts seemed to be looking for a way to get out of paying him his money.  

chuckle

deedub75, on 15 Mar 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'm not acting like a vindictive hater because Trent and the organization are both to blame. He played poorly and seems to have been a bad teammate and the Colts seemed to be looking for a way to get out of paying him his money.  

When you make the statement  “If Trent does indeed win his appeal, it would serve Grigson right for making such a dumb trade.” that is being vindictive no matter how you look at it.

It’s not Grigson’s fault that Trent couldn’t follow team protocol. They don’t have to “look” for a reason to not pay him, he gave it to them on a silver platter. No way is it Grigson’s fault that Trent wanted to be a dumb stupid * because he was replaced as the starter because in your own words he played poorly. They gave him every opportunity to prove himself and he failed miserably. If he wants to act like a crybaby and throw a tantrum because he couldn’t cut the mustard, that is in no way Grigson’s fault.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

8"6

892 lbs

8 inches and 6 what? Half inches?

Let's assume that he really did no-call / no-show for the walkthrough. Isn't that grounds for suspension?

I think the Colts will have a pretty good case not to pay him. He was here and failing miserably for a long time, I'm sure they have more evidence of his bad behavior then they have released at this point. They are actually playing it perfectly. They make no comment, while Trent runs his mouth.

Trent running his mouth isn't gonna set well with some of the players, so maybe they get called in to testify what they know and have seen from Trent.

His excuses have been flakey, his phone was dead, no other phones available ?

Benched for poor play, about to be benched again, suddenly has a huge emergency and wouldn't you know it his phone was dead and he was apparently at an Amish hospital that has no phones.

It would be nice to win and keep the money, but even if somehow Trent's lawyers figure out how to shut him up and build a case, its worth the money to get rid of a player who doesn't seem to care about actually trying to contribute.

I'm not turning this into a bash Trent thread, but you need to explain how it is the organization's fault that Trent wouldn't do the following: 

1) Would not lose the specified weight (only 3 pounds)

2) Didn't call and no showed 

3) Consistently had poor vision (chose wrong paths to run) 

Of course the Colts aren't going to want to pay someone who didn't do what they signed their contract to do. 

Unless you work for the government, you don't get paid if you don't do your job. 

You can't recoup money off poor play, they have to use the weight and his conduct to recoup the money.

He never says he even hit the 230 mark, just says that's what he thought his goal was. I'm betting he came in over 230 a lot. He might be saying 230 because that was his lowest weight.

Just makes no sense how he could continue to think it was 230 while being fined for being overweight.

Doesn't matter really though about the money, every running back on the roster and any the add will be better then Trent and it will just be a one time hit if they have to pay him, it would have been worse if he had a lot of years left on his contract.

he can appeal all he wants. fact of the matter is he missed walk throughs the day before the AFC champ. game and was suspended for it. and there was also reports that the team had repeatedly tried to get a hold of him and he never answered his phone. then he comes out this week and says indy was not a fit for him. if i were the grievance arbitrator (whatever its called) I would see that as he purposely missed it which led to his suspension. so i am more then willing to bet that the motion will be denied and he wont win.   

Fact of the matter, that's not how it works. We do not know what the outcome will be.  But a neutral arbitrator will hear all sides and collect all evidence in support of the stories. It can be a lengthy process, and it is in private between League and player and their representatives.

This is Hypothetical- Colts say TRich missed walkthrough, so that's conduct detrimental  TRich claim his wife was in medical emergency and thus takes precedence and is not conduct detrimental.  Colts say OK, she was in hospital, but he didn't notify us timely.  Then Arbitrator collects timelines on everything that went down including condition of mobile phone devices, days, times and determines if a notification that is deemed timely to the Colts was too burdensome considering the issues that TRich was undergoing.  In other words, if TRich representative convinces the arbitrator that there was no other reasonable to proceed except the way TRich, then the arbitrator can rulle in favor of TRich.  I'm not saying that will happen, but suggesting it, or something similar could. And the process to prepare for arbitration can be a couple of months and the arbitration istself a few days to a week.  So Colts can't count on that cap space for a good while, eve if the eventually prevail.

BTW, I see on Spotrac Colts cap at just under 12 million, but TRich 3.185 million is not included.  Hmmmm....

Let's assume that he really did no-call / no-show for the walkthrough. Isn't that grounds for suspension?

Yes, in and of itself that is conduct detrimental.  Bam!. OTOH, TRich claims there were extenuating circumstances involved.  If the arbitrator determines that the stories and timelines of the extenuating circumstances are true and interfered with TRich being able to properly follow through with team orders or notify them in a timely fashion, then he can mitigate punishment or find in complete favor of TRich.  The sides willtake months to gather stories and evidence supporting their case and then bring in witnesses to testify under oath at the arbitration hearing.  It's all private, too.  We may not know for months how this plays out.

Yes, in and of itself that is conduct detrimental.  Bam!. OTOH, TRich claims there were extenuating circumstances involved.  If the arbitrator determines that the stories and timelines of the extenuating circumstances are true and interfered with TRich being able to properly follow through with team orders or notify them in a timely fashion, then he can mitigate punishment or find in complete favor of TRich.  The sides willtake months to gather stories and evidence supporting their case and then bring in witnesses to testify under oath at the arbitration hearing.  It's all private, too.  We may not know for months how this plays out.

Good info. Like you say, it will be a while.

But my point was just that the Colts didn't rig the situation. They didn't change the time of the walkthrough at the last minute, and neglect to tell him until it was too late (as far as we know). They didn't make up a reason to suspend him. Assuming he missed walkthrough, and assuming he didn't notify the team beforehand, that's grounds for suspension.

If it's determined that he did notify the team, or if it's determined that the team acted with bias in suspending him (if other players have missed walkthrough without calling, and weren't suspended; or if other players missed weight and weren't fined, etc.), then I can see him winning his grievance. Or, like you say, if it's determined that his reason for not notifying the team was unavoidable.

Also, it will have to be determined whether the suspension language in the contract is specific in any way. Does it specify that a team suspension would void the guarantees? Does is specify only a league suspension (doubtful, otherwise we probably wouldn't be talking about it)? If it's vague, then that's another issue that will have to be considered, probably before you even get to the cause for the suspension. And I've been told that contract law usually favors the party that did not draft the contract (in this case, the player), over the party that drafted the contract (the team/league), when it comes to vagueness in language. So if the contract doesn't specify that a team suspension could/would void guaranteed salary, then the whole case might be done at that point.

Someone earlier mentioned a possible defamation suit against the team. I don't see that. The team benched, suspended and eventually released him. They never said anything untoward about him. When asked why he wasn't playing, why he wasn't with the team, why he was suspended, etc., both Grigson and Pagano gave the "personal reasons" explanation. It's a good thing they didn't say more than that.

Jim Irsay does not like and never will "problematic" football players. Doesn't want to deal with them. Suh has one ... on the field unsportsman like conductivity. I don't blame him for feeling that way at all by the way. I wouldn't sign players like that, either, if I owned a professional sports team.

Thanks for clarifying was not sure what you meant. And your right Irsay will not deal with players who have issiues