Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No more deals

chrisfarley

We only have a paltry 7 MIL left.  Unless we put heads on the chopping block, we are done.  No more signings in FA........... That's why it's quiet from the Irsay Plantation.

In non-Trent Richardson news, the Colts have about $12 million in salary cap space remaining.

— Mike Wells (@MikeWellsNFL)

March 13, 2015

Colts Have About $12M in Cap Space Remaining @Colts http://t.co/pIObJJQCTq

— N

March 14, 2015

We only have a paltry 7 MIL left.  Unless we put heads on the chopping block, we are done.  No more signings in FA........... That's why it's quiet from the Irsay Plantation.

I believe we have around $12 million, and if we win the grievance against RICHARDSON we should be up to $15. And if we cut Thomas, we should be around $20 million.

I think we will win.

Failing to report to the team for no showing to any mandatory event is a violation regardless of his excuse.

No-call-no-show is pretty serious at any job. I have no clue as to the validity of the rumor that he has always had a problem with being late for meetings and practices a lot of the time. Plus the weight issue. I am sure if a player was to become available Grigson wanted bad enough he could cut or shuffle some cap space to make it happen.

If Trent does indeed win his appeal, it would serve Grigson right for making such a dumb trade.  

They will most likely settle. 

Is there something you can add to the thread that we all don't know?  There were very few ( matter of fact none that I can recall) fans that didn't think the TRich trade was a bad trade at the time it went down. All GMs strike out once in a while. The Colts have cut him and are moving on so beating a dead horse is useless at this point.

Is there something you can add to the thread that we all don't know?  There were very few ( matter of fact none that I can recall) fans that didn't think the TRich trade was a bad trade at the time it went down. All GMs strike out once in a while. The Colts have cut him and are moving on so beating a dead horse is useless at this point.

No one's making your read this so just move on...

I would really like to sign TY or Luck this year so we can use as much 15 cap space as possible and allow us to keep our own guys and get some new ones in a few years as well. Stagger more front load into at least one of the 3-4 guys we will need to resign. Maybe constanza??

You have to be the king of over reactions, if there is a player or players we really want we can sign them.

I believe we have around $12 million, and if we win the grievance against RICHARDSON we should be up to $15. And if we cut Thomas, we should be around $20 million.

We don't go from 15 to 20 from cutting Thomas.

I think his number is roughly 3.5 mill.      His contract was 4/14,  which is 3.5 per.

Either way,  when he's cut or restructures,  we'll gain significant cap space....   

You have to be the king of over reactions, if there is a player or players we really want we can sign them.

I'm sorry to say there are tons and Tons and TONS of people here who over-react.

Heck, I've done it once or twice (more?) myself.   

Not sure Chris qualifies as the King.    I think he's got LOTS of company!

Cap space and all of it's "scary" scenarios to some is just that. If the Colts want to target a player they'll get him. Regardless what the team does in order to make that happen. It's done all the time in the NFL. Now, "wildcat players" as I like to call them (Suh, et.al.) will

never entertain the Colts organization as long as Jim Irsay owns this team. Attitude, money, work-ethics, and "system" have to all fall into play before this organization makes a move. It's just that way. Sometimes you do get "busts". However, that's life in the NFL.

⭐️ The Logic Police

We don't go from 15 to 20 from cutting Thomas.

I think his number is roughly 3.5 mill.      His contract was 4/14,  which is 3.5 per.

Either way,  when he's cut or restructures,  we'll gain significant cap space....

I want to cut Thomas and Walden and pursue Wilfork and Hardy.

And hopefully we win Richardsons appeal..

But this is all just wishful thinking..

NFL contracts are not cut in stone like the NBA, MLB and NHL. Other than the guaranteed part of the contract it can be terminated at the teams will. If a player that Grigsons wants bad enough he can and will make the cap space to make it happen. He has been pretty smart it the sense that most of the contracts he has signed have been pretty team friendly in the long run. I know some seem to think he is not doing a good job with not signing a player they think is a stud. After Grigson's  first draft and the huge negative cap space he had to work with you would think he would get a little more resect. His first year he said he will never let the Colts get into that situation as long as he was the GM. It's easy to sit behind a computer and say a lot of things and not really know all the ins and outs of being a good GM. IMO Grigson is a very good GM and the winning and the future shows he knows what he is doing no matter what some think.

Cap space and all of it's "scary" scenarios to some is just that. If the Colts want to target a player they'll get him. Regardless what the team does in order to make that happen. It's done all the time in the NFL. Now, "wildcat players" as I like to call them (Suh, et.al.) will

never entertain the Colts organization as long as Jim Irsay owns this team. Attitude, money, work-ethics, and "system" have to all fall into play before this organization makes a move. It's just that way. Sometimes you do get "busts". However, that's life in the NFL.

⭐️ The Logic Police

Although I agree with some of your point it's outside the jurisdiction of the logic police, more one for the Federal Bureau of Opinions.

Although I agree with some of your point it's outside the jurisdiction of the logic police, more one for the Federal Bureau of Opinions.

"jurisdiction of the logic police" ... The Indianapolis Colts ... "Federal Bureau of Opinions" ... The NFL ... ... However, I like your analogy to a "point".

I'm sorry to say there are tons and Tons and TONS of people here who over-react.

Heck, I've done it once or twice (more?) myself.   

Not sure Chris qualifies as the King.    I think he's got LOTS of company!

That's true there does seem to be a lot ... It's sad when I am the positive one, it feels weird ... usually I am the cynical pessimist, but wow there are some people here that make me seem like I am a "glass is not only full, its over flowing" type guy!  haha