Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All FA Concerns/Gripes/Complaints (Mega Merge)

Dark Superman

Funny...I actually wouldn't mind Gore.  I'm hoping we end up with him.  The tweet says he's struggling about his decision.  This may not even be about the money.  He could be having second thoughts playing for Chip Kelly (who could blame him) or perhaps he really prefers Indy and can see himself there moreso.  It would be funny if he signed with us for less than he originally did with the Eagles.

What's wrong with Chip Kelly?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really anyone that we realistically thought the Colts would sign who is off the market? Suh was always going to get QB money, Iupati was off the table when they signed Herremans, Gore to Philly isn't a done deal, B.Marshall was always a long shot. It's way too early to panic. The "$43 Million" is kind of a false number anyways because they still have to pay Luck, Hilton, Allen, Fleener and Costanzo. We're three years into the Grigson era, we should all know how this works by now. The Colts were never going to sign the "top tier" free agents anyways.

I don't like getting into a bidding war over Gore.

He would be helpful, but not helpful enough to overspend.

I would much rather get CJ Spiller at 3 million a year for 4 years. He is young and doesn't have a lot of wear on his tires. While he is not going to withstand a beating for 20 weeks by carrying the ball 25 times a game, he can be a game wrecker with 10-20 touches each outing.

I want Gore, much better back for our system & who said its a bidding war?

Gore is a lock for 1000 yards. When's the last time we had a 1k RB? I'd take him at the price Philly wad offering

We don't even need 1000 yards is the thing. We are a passing team, all our money is going to be for our QB and receivers, we just need a serviceable one who gets 4 yards a carry and doesn't fumble.

Still not enough to get me excited over a 32 year old back. I really think Helu fits our offense and grab a back in the draft I just don't see Gore as good pick up. Obviously I am in the minority.

Gores worst season is better than Helus best

Many of the top tier players are for all intents and purposes signed by other teams now. Quit a few names were mentioned as possible colts targets and or us on here would have liked. Maybe it b another quiet free agency with low tier guys or old guys. Btw iupati is signing with Arizona.

crap... !!! *($%*%^Y)()*(+)^&%$   ------ I love that guy and now he's a friggin Cardinal. UGH...... WHY??? C'mon Grigson, time is a wasting.  What did Irsay do, cut you off?  Is he being like the Brown family all the sudden.  ARGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Nope.

Free Agency doesn't even start until tomorrow and the league reminded teams today about the rules of the legal tampering period and how they are supposed to be announcing deals right now and how they are going to investigate teams that do so.  Colts might very well have some things in the works that we wont hear about until 4:00 PM tomorrow. 

Why is everyone so excited about a 32 year old back when the draft is loaded with RB's. I would like to see Helu brought in think he really fits our offense has speed and won't cost very much.

How do you bash us for wanting Gore then you mention a bum like Helu?

We're better off going with Boom and a drafted RB or Tipton to go with Gore

I feel like the love for Gore is more warranted than the love for Helu.

Gore is a lock for 1000 yards. When's the last time we had a 1k RB? I'd take him at the price Philly wad offering

I was actually curious about this, because I wanted to believe it was more recent than I realized.

It was not.

2007-2008 season with Joseph Addai.

Proven Vet > Career Backup

You know that does not necessarily mean anything.  Proven vet could also be referred to as over the hill.  And career backup could also just mean never really got the chance.  Forsett was a career back up until this year.

Am I concerned because the wish list of a bunch of fans has not happen?  

No.

I am waiting for the "Grigson, do something" crowd to turn into the "he overpaid for player X' crowd.  Most times the same group of intellects will be in both of those camps.

I am waiting for the "Grigson, do something" crowd to turn into the "he overpaid for player X' crowd.  Most times the same group of intellects will be in both of those camps.

What I don't get is how hard it is for many to comprehend GUARANTEED money is what matters, Anything beyond that ya deal with it as it comes

Yeah, I love those

I have shown some of those to kids as an abject lesson on contradicting oneself often times in the same paragraph.

I was bashing you sorry didn't mean to come off like that.

Helu has produced when he plays stuck behind Morris. Pats are one of the teams interested similar skill set as Vereen but cheaper I'd say better runner than Vereen. I think the kid would do well in our Offense but you think he's a bum Pats are known for showing interest in bums. He's better than Boom

I was bashing you sorry didn't mean to come off like that.

Helu has produced when he plays stuck behind Morris. Pats are one of the teams interested similar skill set as Vereen but cheaper I'd say better runner than Vereen. I think the kid would do well in our Offense but you think he's a bum Pats are known for showing interest in bums. He's better than Boom

I like Helu as well.  But I think Colts fan need to start preparing themselves for another year with Trich in the backfield.  That may change if the Colts are able to draft a RB tey really covet but if not I think we will see #34 taking hand-offs and catch passes from #12 again.  But they have shown they have no problem releasing players and they have not released him.