Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DL Kendall Langford visiting Colts soon

I think he could be a cheap(er) option for D-line depth. 

PFF grade this past season was a 0.4 OVR

Get him and Fairley and cut chapman?

Goodness....

There's no reason to cut Chapman.    He's still on his rookie contract which means he's cheap.

There's still reason to believe he can get better.

And teams still need depth.    Not everyone is a starter and every team needs back-ups.

Has played in every game since he's been drafted...DT for the Rams....49 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 PDs in 2013, only started 4 games in 2014 (I assume because Aaron Donald), 25 tackles 1 sack. Currently 29 years old. 

Yes.  Donald was more of a 3-tech for the Rams I believe and Langford was a converted 34 DE.  He still did well, but I think he'd fit better with the Colts than he did with the Rams.

He's a good player, and not a rotational guy at all. He's started for years and made plays. He would be a nice replacement for Redding. I think he's also a guy you can put inside in a four-man rush on 3rd and long.

If he's replacing Redding.. My guess is that he will be a backup. If the Colts get their way.

Guy was productive in a great front in STL. They drafted Donald to replace him and thats what they did. He didn't get cut or anything for not being productive...they simply signed one of the best DTs in recent draft history so obviously they don't have room for him. Thats an awesome front they have in STL...I'd be thrilled to have this guy in our rotation.