Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lesean McCoy Traded to Bills for LB Kiko Alonso (Merge)

Nobody

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This trade is worse than the Colts trading a first for Trent Richardson.

Eh, Lesean wasn't great last year and Kiko was really good as a rookie (injured all last year). I think it's a good deal for Philly.

Oh god, the 3 topics at once haha...

Also, Kiko is one of my favorite players. Shady, not so much... Maybe if he had a good year the one year I drafted him in fantasy I'd like him.

haha! The one year i drafted him was a couple years back when he was the top fantasty back after that season. Picked him 4th that year ove Charles and thats why i won that year

Eagles take a $3.4m cap penalty, but save $10.5m from McCoy's contract, and take on Alonso at about $800K in 2015 and $1m in 2016, with two years remaining on his rookie contract. Cap savings over two years of about $15m, assuming Alonso plays out his contract.

And now the Eagles have around $42m in cap space in 2015, and the Bills have about $22m. Probably means Jerry Hughes is gone.

Edited by Superman
corrected some numbers

in the same day they were sending LBs home with walking papers...they bring in the new guy!

We have a RB they can have if they wanna give us one of those guys they are about to cut(again).

see what i did there?

This makes sense to me ... Yes, McCoy is good, but the Eagles get a LB, get to dump a high salary, and are sitting in a prime position to draft one of the top RBs if they choose.  

I hope they take Gurley in the first, that way we can't.

Man, why couldn't we have sent them Jerrell Freeman for Shady. LOL. And yes, I know Alonso was a beast two years ago but he's coming off a major injury and he's going into a different system.

Yeah I would love a RB with a $12 million cap hit

Edit ... guess it would probably be like $10 million without the bonuses, but still way too high.

Eagles take a $3.4m cap penalty, but save $10.5m from McCoy's contract, and take on Alonso at about $800K in 2015 and $1m in 2016, with two years remaining on his rookie contract. Cap savings over two years of about $15m, assuming Alonso plays out his contract.

And now the Eagles have around $42m in cap space in 2015, and the Bills have about $22m. Probably means Jerry Hughes is gone.

This was my big takeaway.....and I think Chip thinks he can get value at RB for much much cheaper...heck Sproles wasn't bad when he was on the field. Rex must thought he could cover the issues at LB with other players but he certainly wants to pound the rock. Mccoy is going to be out of the league after this contract though....Rex will give him more carries than he can handle.

I love the trade for philly, Kiko was a monster his rookie year, he would have been one of the top OLB's this year if he hadnt torn his acl, and Shady had a down year which happens and he could bounce back but with all the eagles needs like resigning maclin, fixing the D especially the secondary, by getting rid of shadys big contract they saved themselves some money for FA in the next two years and acquired a cornerstone LB that fills one of their needs. As for their RB position, a chip kelly offense obviously suits the RB position but as you saw at oregon he is more then capable of using a RB by committee approach, plus a RB's are a dime a dozen, i know mccoy is one of the best in the league and is only 26 but they will do just fine with sproles polk and a rookie or a cheaper FA. They also cut trent cole and todd herremans to save some money most likely to spend on Byron Maxwell. 

This was my big takeaway.....and I think Chip thinks he can get value at RB for much much cheaper...heck Sproles wasn't bad when he was on the field. Rex must thought he could cover the issues at LB with other players but he certainly wants to pound the rock. Mccoy is going to be out of the league after this contract though....Rex will give him more carries than he can handle.

Rex isn't really involved in offense, but back when the Jets were going to the playoffs, they usually had a two-headed rushing attack. It was Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene, then LdT and Greene.

I think McCoy tops out at 300 touches, at best. That's a lot, but that's about where he's been.

Rex isn't really involved in offense, but back when the Jets were going to the playoffs, they usually had a two-headed rushing attack. It was Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene, then LdT and Greene.

I think McCoy tops out at 300 touches, at best. That's a lot, but that's about where he's been.

Oh I'm sure they will have a dual threat....but considering who he has at qb I'm sure he was thinking.....pound the rock...let my defense win games.

Eagles doubled their spending money today.

This trade was a steal for Philly. McCoy danced more than Kelly wants and they get rid of his cap. In three years Kiko will be in Hawaii for pro bowls while McCoy is way over the hill, and they're equal players today.

I imagine Chip is going to go after a couple corners on the market....I would expect a big push for Revis if he hits free agency or Maxwell.....or who knows...maybe both. That secondary is horrendous.....if Alonso comes back close to what he was that will go a long ways towards helping that defense. 

Eagles doubled their spending money today.

This trade was a steal for Philly. McCoy danced more than Kelly wants and they get rid of his cap. In three years Kiko will be in Hawaii for pro bowls while McCoy is way over the hill, and they're equal players today.

Who cares where the two guys are in three years? What if the Eagles bomb this year and next, and Kelly gets fired?

I think it's an equitable trade, with the major risk being on the Eagles due to Alonso's injury. But I'm pretty sure they didn't make this trade because they think McCoy will be done in three years.