Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor number 2

gnet550

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed on McCourty but I don't see much in Gurley or Gordon. Gordon gives me the same reservations as Richardson in the sense that, everyone loved Richardson 100x more after Marcus Lattimore went down and people jumped onto the Trent bandwagon, much like how everyone seems to love Gordon much more now that Gurley is out. Gurley seems like a good back but he seemed to always have some nagging injury. I'd be extremely cautious about selecting a running back in the first round, especially a running back that may be out the whole first year.

Who is Bob?  Anyway Colts are smart to be high on both of those guys.

Personally i like Coleman better than both of them and you can get him a round lower. No need to repeat history and make another stupid move drafting a rb in the first round. I do hope we can get McCourty though. 

BTW, is "Bob" Bob Kravitz?

Personally i like Coleman better than both of them and you can get him a round lower. No need to repeat history and make another stupid move drafting a rb in the first round. I do hope we can get McCourty though.

No he's referring to Silent Bob. Internet nobody who throws out NFL "rumors". Sometimes they stick.

Also, I think people forget because of the injury and signature incident, but Gurley is a freak. I don't want a RB in the first 2 rounds, but that guy deserves to be a first round pick.

Also hope we get McCourtey.

McCourty would be a smart signing at FS for the Colts. We wouldn't have to bring back Mike Adams since he is up in age anyways. Not to mention we'd also be taking away a very good player from our biggest threat from a Super Bowl. As long as we don't pay Devin north of 8 mil per year I'd be good with the signing.

We still need help on the front 7, and I hope Tamba Hali or Haloti Ngata are options to bring in.

At RB I'd rather have us go with Jay Ajayi, Ameer Abdullah, or David Cobb in rounds 3 and 4.

Mccourty should be a target. Anytime you gain while your nemesis gains a loss does help in the overall scheme of things.

I read that New England is strapped for cash primarily due to the Revis situation. Hopefully while they're preoccupied with him we can swoop in for McCourty.

Does anyone know if New England can afford to keep both, or where they stand in terms of re-signing McCourty?

Nope, incarcerated Bob. No credibility. Bunch of nonsense.

We've spent 3 first rounders in the last 9 years on RBs, let's not make that 4 in 10.

I'm not big on giving 8+ million a year to a free safety either.

Honestly, in my professional opinion, RB is the least important position on offense, and Safety is the least important position on defense.

good corners and safties get INTs something the colts hardly ever get

Our D could really use some TOs

even draft a S later to pair with him

Apparently the colts brass are quite high on Dewey Mcdonald back there, I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Mike Adams back either so long as there is a plan for someone to succeed him the year after,.. He was a pro-bowl caliber safety last year.

Don't forget Delano Howell as well. We were quite high on him before he went on IR before the start of last season...

IMO we shouldnt break the bank for a FS like McCourty, Adams and Howell would be a fine pairing, with Adams getting some rotation. Like some people above have mentioned, there are more important areas of need for us than FS. (Notably ILB, OLB & OL)

Mccourty should be a target. Anytime you gain while your nemesis gains a loss does help in the overall scheme of things.

I read that New England is strapped for cash primarily due to the Revis situation. Hopefully while they're preoccupied with him we can swoop in for McCourty.

Does anyone know if New England can afford to keep both, or where they stand in terms of re-signing McCourty?

The Patriots have said Revis is their top priority and are working on him now. McCourty has said through his brother that he wants to be a Patriot and finish his career as a Patriot. I am not sure how all the numbers will work but I believe they will get both done or potentially franchise McCourty.

McCourty would be a smart signing at FS for the Colts. We wouldn't have to bring back Mike Adams since he is up in age anyways. Not to mention we'd also be taking away a very good player from our biggest threat from a Super Bowl. As long as we don't pay Devin north of 8 mil per year I'd be good with the signing.

We still need help on the front 7, and I hope Tamba Hali or Haloti Ngata are options to bring in.

At RB I'd rather have us go with Jay Ajayi, Ameer Abdullah, or David Cobb in rounds 3 and 4.

Ajai, and Abdullh will both be long gone before the Colts pick in the third. I think Ajai will be gone before the Colts pick in the second round.

They probably won't draft one in the first and I'm not advocating they do. However I am different than most people on this board in saying that I won't blow my top if Grigs picks a runner in the first.  Anyways,  let's stop all of this repeat history talk .  You'll never have an abundant future crying about a single failure in the past.  The Colts have had success drafting running backs early in our history so why is it that no one ever speaks on that? They spend all their time talking about one guy who didn't work out.    

There's absolutely no guarantee Coleman will be available in the third round at all.  I don't think he'll last any longer than the 2nd round.  Gordon and Gurley also have a chance to be available in the 2nd as well.     I like Coleman, but I like Gurley better.  

We've spent 3 first rounders in the last 9 years on RBs, let's not make that 4 in 10. 

I'm not big on giving 8+ million a year to a free safety either.

Honestly, in my professional opinion, RB is the least important position on offense, and Safety is the least important position on defense.

No we have not.  James was drafted in 1999, and Addai was drafted in 2006 so if you include Richardson that only makes 2 in the last 9 years.  Don't forget to mention that 2 of the draft picks worked out.  Only one of them was a complete failure.

From what I saw, Gordon was running through a few more NFL-type running lanes.  That said, I don't want to use a pick on any of them. 

You don't think we should draft a running back at all?  I'm okay if you say you don't want one in the first round, but I have no idea why you wouldn't want to draft a running back period.  Please clarify...

Not so sure about the lanes you saw with Gordon.  He was running behind the college equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys offensive line.  I like Gordon too, but every year Wisconsin has one of these kind of backs being drafted and they usually don't pan out in the NFl. It's been that way since Ron Dayne or maybe even before that.  That's my only fear with Gordon.  I like him quite a bit, I think he's has a chance to be a little bit of a break from the norm from that school, but I'm not so sure.

As for Gordon or Gurley, I wouldn't take a back in the first, but if Grigs really believes they would push us over the top, I trust him. I hope he fixes the OL first though.

RB in the 1st is a mistake. JMO. We need good talent up front. A great set of G's make a 5th round RB look like Jim Brown. Just ask NE.

Gurley's college highlights look exactly like Richardson's.  The guy is never touched until he is 10-15 yards down the field. 

You should watch more than highlights then. Gordon runs behind the best Oline in college. Gurley's is good, but you're really exaggerating. 

No we have not.  James was drafted in 1999, and Addai was drafted in 2006 so if you include Richardson that only makes 2 in the last 9 years.  Don't forget to mention that 2 of the draft picks worked out.  Only one of them was a complete failure.

Come on dog, you forgot about Donald Brown?

The Patriots have said Revis is their top priority and are working on him now. McCourty has said through his brother that he wants to be a Patriot and finish his career as a Patriot. I am not sure how all the numbers will work but I believe they will get both done or potentially franchise McCourty.

Yep

I mean you just straight up omitted DDB from the Colts history book huh and by DDB I mean "Damnit" Donald Brown.

As for using a 1st in a runner, Grigson traded to get Richardson. It was a gamble on a young runner who actually did quite well as a rookie. Unfortunately It didnt pan out. He traded a 2 for Vontae, which wasnt immediately praised around here, but it worked out. It was a gamble, some you win others you dont.

He's only drafted Ballard, Williams and Tipton with extremely late picks. Id trust his judgment if he were to go RB in the 1st. Aside from T-Rich, Grigs has been money IMO.