Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So help me out with this one. Do the officials not measure the pressure before the game begins? Also how come only Jackson noticed an issue if 11 balls weren't right?

Yes, 1 hour before game time then they are given back to the team.

We don't know that no one else noticed it. We just know that he did.

With seeing the story and that the league is still investigating "how" the balls became underinflated, if they don't find conclusive evidence that it was someone or multiple people from the Pats who tampered with the balls. Then I think the league will probably just throw a fine on them. They won't go that severe if they go severe at all unless they can definitely determine that it was someone or multiple people from the Pats team who uninflated the balls. So really the critical part for the Pats is still to be determined IMO.

So help me out with this one. Do the officials not measure the pressure before the game begins? Also how come only Jackson noticed an issue if 11 balls weren't right?

It was only the Patriots balls so outside of a pick or a fumble or something along those lines the Colts may have never known.

And the officials are supposed to measure the balls before the game.  In this case i only see 2 possible explanations.  The refs either didn't do there jobs or Belichick had the air taken out after the measurements.  Somebody is going to pay for it though.

It was only the Patriots balls so outside of a pick or a fumble or something along those lines the Colts may have never known.

And the officials are supposed to measure the balls before the game. In this case i only see 2 possible explanations. The refs either didn't do there jobs or Belichick had the air taken out after the measurements. Somebody is going to pay for it though.

DQ Jackson had an interception...........

That was a :flyingelvis: ball he caught........

I think don't think suspending BB would do anything .... you don't think he would just find some sneaky way to coach from the shadows??

If the NFL really wants to make sure the Pats will never cheat again they have to embarrass and punish Kraft and the Pats organization badly enough that Kraft will police BB himself. 

I don't have any respect for Kraft, he should have already taken care of business with the Spygate embarrassment.  The Patriots can officially be taken off of consideration for the title of America's team unless people feel like it's ok for America's team to be a bunch of cheating scumbags. 

So after the officials check the balls they are given back to the home team and it becomes their responsibility? It will be interesting to see how this pans out from the officials side, without labelling anyone a lot comes down to their confidence in the fact they're happy the 12 balls they measured were all the correct weight when they approved them and why they seemed not to notice any pressure issues themselves game time if that's the case.

DQ Jackson had an interception...........

That was a :flyingelvis: ball he caught........

I know. That is what i was saying to the poster in which i quoted.  He couldn't figure out why only Jackson noticed it if 11 balls were bad.  It's because the Colts didn't handle them very much except for the INT.

The same thing that happened to SP and the Saints over the "Hit-List" should happen to BB

If this was their first time caught cheating I wouldn't think this but seeing as how you're caught twice cheating to advance or win the SB. This is just ridiculous. If the patriots don't slow down they will be considered biggest cheaters of all time.

I don't have any respect for Kraft, he should have already taken care of business with the Spygate embarrassment. The Patriots can officially be taken off of consideration for the title of America's team unless people feel like it's ok for America's team to be a bunch of cheating scumbags.

Actually, contrary to popular belief..... That title fits them perfectly

What in America these days really is honestly done? There's so much corruption in society and people willing to do anything to "get ahead"

The "America's Team" label would be perfect for the Pats

With seeing the story and that the league is still investigating "how" the balls became underinflated, if they don't find conclusive evidence that it was someone or multiple people from the Pats who tampered with the balls. Then I think the league will probably just throw a fine on them. They won't go that severe if they go severe at all unless they can definitely determine that it was someone or multiple people from the Pats team who uninflated the balls. So really the critical part for the Pats is still to be determined IMO.

Also could lie on the ref for inproper inspection of the balls before the game...but then there is still the fact that the pats brought 11 of 12 balls underinflated to the ref to check.

Belichick should be suspended.

For the Super Bowl, and next season. A cheater is a cheater. I don't believe the Colts would have won if they didn't tamper with the ball, but a cheater is a cheater.

Guilty twice now.

Can you imagine what other tactics this club has been guilty of? THe principle is what matters. These guys just don't care. Their mindset is to search for whatever source of advantage they can possibly devise, legal or illegitimate. Ban Bellichik from the league…Get this " out of football. There's a message...

I don't have any respect for Kraft, he should have already taken care of business with the Spygate embarrassment.  The Patriots can officially be taken off of consideration for the title of America's team unless people feel like it's ok for America's team to be a bunch of cheating scumbags. 

I don't trust him when he knows the punishment is a slap on the wrist ... but if the penalties had been hash enough ... NFL threatened to make him sell the franchise, took away a couple years draft picks, vacated a couple super bowl wins, etc .... than I bet Kraft would keep BB on a much shorter leash.  I know the NFL will never do it, but for a punishment to work it has to outweigh the reward .... fines and even a draft pick or two does not outweigh a shot at the SB.

Can you imagine what other tactics this club has been guilty of? THe principle is what matters. These guys just don't care. Their mindset is to search for whatever source of advantage they can possibly devise, legal or illegitimate. Ban Bellichik from the league…Get this " out of football. There's a message...

ban hc and brady they both new it. why just ban hc ?

The other bad thing about this is that if they let them off easy again not only will they likely do it again, but other teams might decide they need to even the playing field and cheat as well.  I mean seriously Pete Carroll is already BB Jr, pushing the boundaries and rules to see how far he can go; IMO it wouldn't take much for him to go down the BB path.

Regardless of the outcome of this investigation, it's extremely embarrassing for the organization and the fans. If the intent was to cheat, I am in favor of the NFL coming down hard. I just don't understand why. Maybe it's about getting every competitive advantage possible or crossing a thin line when it comes to rules. But at the same time, I'm still waiting for the full outcome. Whether it was intentional (not denying it wasn't), who was responsible, and the referees roles in this. And I'll be the first to apologize as a fan to the Colts organization and their fans. Again, I will wait until all the gritty details are released.

If they did this, what else did they get away with?

I don't think that this is an overreaction at all... Every time that we've played them recently, they seem to have some kind of e.s.p. on both sides of the ball...

It's hard to give their coaching staff full credit for game-planning when they let garbage like this go on.

So after the officials check the balls they are given back to the home team and it becomes their responsibility? It will be interesting to see how this pans out from the officials side, without labelling anyone a lot comes down to their confidence in the fact they're happy the 12 balls they measured were all the correct weight when they approved them and why they seemed not to notice any pressure issues themselves game time if that's the case.

The point regarding the officials not noticing it is what gets me riled up. DQ doesn't touch a football nearly as much as the officials do, yet his handling of the football ONE TIME causes him to think it's underinflated??

C'mon, guys. Think about this. Either he's one heck of a "sensitive hands" man, or the refs have yet another reason why they should all be replaced next year by full-timers, OR the Colts had some outside/inside info that the balls were being doctored.

I just can't believe the officials would not have felt the difference and that DQ would. Something deeper is being played out here. And no, i'm not one of those conspiracy nut jobs.

(I'm just a normal nut job)

If the NFL tries to go the we have no proof (or we can find no evidence) route after the missing spygate tapes, and the ray rice "never seen" the security tapes incidents they will get burned at the stake.

The point regarding the officials not noticing it is what gets me riled up. DQ doesn't touch a football nearly as much as the officials do, yet his handling of the football ONE TIME causes him to think it's underinflated??

C'mon, guys. Think about this. Either he's one heck of a "sensitive hands" man, or the refs have yet another reason why they should all be replaced next year by full-timers, OR the Colts had some outside/inside info that the balls were being doctored.

I just can't believe the officials would not have felt the difference and that DQ would. Something deeper is being played out here. And no, i'm not one of those conspiracy nut jobs.

(I'm just a normal nut job)

Funny you mention that as I was just hearing on espn that the Colts first suspected the Patriots of doctoring the balls back in October where 2 balls were supposedly underinflated.

Unbelievable that they get away with this stuff.  I don't care if it was some sort of equipment manager mistake or not, they purposfully knew they did it and I'm sure the order came from BB.  I guarantee he will be exonerated of all charges from his best friend Roger Goodall.  Look for this to be swept under the rug so that the "GAME CAN GO ON" and ratings will be back at the top of the world.

The saddest thing about this is that The Pats probably did it as a calculated risk knowing that even in the worse case scenario and they're caught out they'll lose draft picks and a fine which they'd more than happily accept for a SB appearance. It's a bit like giving a big F U to the league and daring them to do their worst!

"If this report is accurate"

Umm, it's confirmed. It's as accurate as accurate can get

The report is accurate.  100 percent from LaCanforia even the zsar of behind the scenes, Chris Mortennson -- it's the real deal.  The only thing we don't know is who Bill told to do it and how was it covered up so well until Dquell Jackson blew their cover.