Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We play New England if we win

Stephen

not to new england

My god people! You would rather the Colts lose tomorrow then get to take another stab at New England in the championship!?? You don't want to see a great win in and of itself against the Manning's?

Who cares if they lose against New England they probably would! I still want them to beat the Broncos!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true. But who really expects them to go to the Super Bowl...outside of a few hopeful Colts fans? To the outside world, if they beat Denver tomorrow and reach the AFC Championship they would have overachieved and taken a significant step over last year. They win tomorrow, they are going to Foxboro with house money in my opinion. Hopefully they'll play like it if it comes to that.

Agreed.

This is true.  But who really expects them to go to the Super Bowl...outside of a few hopeful Colts fans?  To the outside world, if they beat Denver tomorrow and reach the AFC Championship they would have overachieved and taken a significant step over last year.  They win tomorrow, they are going to Foxboro with house money in my opinion.  Hopefully they'll play like it if it comes to that.

I agree with you entirely.  I certainly didn't and don't think the Colts can win the Super Bowl.  I said at the beginning of the season that I believed just getting to the AFC championship would mark a successful season.  I hope they play like that too.

I'm kind of glad Luck has to beat Manning and Brady to get to the Superbowl. He does that and it shuts EVERYBODY up.

You have to think though it's got to be a team effort because if Luck literally does carry the team on his back past the Broncos and Pats then that will literally be unprecidented. He's not going to rush for 100 yards, throw for 573 yards and 5 TDs to carrey a the team if they have a * poor effort tomorrow. As Luck said himself he's going up against the Broncos, not Manning. The team as a whole will HAVE to win the game.

I was thinking that as well.

I believe the Colts are going to upset Denver tomorrow.  We are going to Foxboro where our season will likely end.  However, while I still don't like our chances against New England...as a fan I want to go there now.  I am getting tired of all this talk about them wanting to face the Colts.  The Pats think the Colts are chumps...and will just roll over in Foxboro.  Sometimes the only way to go down is to face down the bully, stand there and punch them back in the mouth.  May not win the fight but there is confidence to be gained.  Baltimore did not fear going there.  Neither should the Colts.  I don't feel that New England respects this Colts team.  We have given them no reason to thus far in the Luck-era?  But if they become too overconfident and arrogant...well stranger things have happened. But first things first...gotta deal with faithful #18. 

Beating Denver alone......the defending AFC Champs in their stadium would be HUGE considering the weaknesses of this team and still how young some core players are.

I truly have a tough time predicting tomorrow too. Wayne sounds pumped.....I think we will be ready. But, I have NO IDEA at times what to expect from Manning. His arm could look good after a bye week or could be noodle sling shot central again as the game progresses.

It isnt a deserved Super Bowl win unless we beat Peyton and Brady. Imagine if we get passed them both, it would cement Luck's biggest fear and legacy. The only thing i would fear is that contract in the offseason if that happened :sigh:

But first, focus on getting a W tomorrow. Go Colts!

Can't count on someone else to fight their battles. If this team wants to go to the Super Bowl...gonna have to throw down with the big boys...no fear. Nothing to lose...respect to gain.

The 2 times the Colts went to the Super Bowl they depended on New England to beat San Diego and New York to beat San Diego. If those things don't happen in 2006 and 2009 neither team makes it to be Super Bowl

Posted · Hidden by MTC, January 11, 2015 - no selling tickets
Hidden by MTC, January 11, 2015 - no selling tickets

Hey, everyone, Colts fan in Colorado and going to the game. I have 4 extra if there are any Colts fans in Denver and need some tickets at last minute.  Also, does anyone know of a Colts friendly tailgate tomorrow?

Thanks,

The 2 times the Colts went to the Super Bowl they depended on New England to beat San Diego and New York to beat San Diego. If those things don't happen in 2006 and 2009 neither team makes it to be Super Bowl

That is revisionist history and nonsense too. In 2006 they would have gone to NE, but they had beaten them earlier in the season (and in 2005) @ NE. In 2009, the Colts were the #1 seed...so the Pats would have come to Indy. Stop acting like the Colts magically lucked into their SB win and runner up just bc NE had to play at Indy, or bc they were already out of the playoffs. That is horsecrap

You have to think though it's got to be a team effort because if Luck literally does carry the team on his back past the Broncos and Pats then that will literally be unprecidented. He's not going to rush for 100 yards, throw for 573 yards and 5 TDs to carrey a the team if they have a * poor effort tomorrow. As Luck said himself he's going up against the Broncos, not Manning. The team as a whole will HAVE to win the game.

I know it's a team effort, especially in the playoffs. But everybody and their mother wants to make it a Qb Vs Qb game. Public opinion is that Luck can't beat the top Qbs in big games, so if they get into the Superbowl that narrative will change.

It was a horrible call at 2nd and 5, but the reason they were probably in the game , was that they were taking chances all game. You have to play that way on the road. They scored 31, but NE went after our weak secondary and scored 35. The last long pass was not the best call, I would never have called it, but they went for it. It didn't work out, and that's the way it goes. They played hard, but just didn't do enough. No excuses.

That is revisionist history and nonsense too. In 2006 they would have gone to NE, but they had beaten them earlier in the season (and in 2005) @ NE. In 2009, the Colts were the #1 seed...so the Pats would have come to Indy. Stop acting like the Colts magically lucked into their SB win and runner up just bc NE had to play at Indy, or bc they were already out of the playoffs. That is horsecrap

My point is that we avoided our kryptonite both times by not having to play San Diego.  Playing New England in Indianapolis allowed us to get to the Super Bowl in 2006, if we have to go to San Diego there is no way we win that game.  

I'm just saying, don't bother watching the game. I mean, we have no chance of winning, so its just a waste of time to watch no?

In my original statement that you replied to, I said I don't THINK we have a chance, keyword there is think. I just believe the chances are very very small. And am that far off to believe or feel that way when you look at how we've done against NE that last 3 times we've played them? Not to mention going up there during winter. And the fact that this team, the Colts has not yet proven they can play and execute at a high level on consistent basis, game in and game out. At best this year they have been consistent at being inconsistent. Is it impossible for us to beat NE, heck no! But we're gonna have to come out and play a fantastic game on both sides. And I just dint know we'll do that. But we gotta get past Denver first. I'm certainly hoping we win these games. But past history and the play of this team this year has me with alot doubt unfortunately.

That would be true. If we weren't in the playoffs. Once your in. Your chance is the same as everyone else's.

Same as everyone else's? Yeah, that's not true. Some teams are just better than others therefore they do not have the same chance to win IMO. They can still win, but they need more to go right for them.