Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We play New England if we win

Stephen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of glad Luck has to beat Manning and Brady to get to the Superbowl. He does that and it shuts EVERYBODY up.

I just don't want to see Brady get another ring. Pats fans won't shut up about the 3 he won a decade ago. Imagine what would happen if he got another one.

Don't worry about it. If we got by Denver I would savor being in the title game as long as possible.

Besides, I did not like the odds of both Brady/Manning going down in a 24 hour period. Our odds seem better to me now that Brady won.

I did not think two AFC upsets would happen. We are a bigger underdog then Baltimore was likely and we got a time slot in divisional weekend too that often has had upsets over the years.

Flacco is dumb. 1:39 left and he throws a deep ball for a td on 2 and 5. He had plenty of time to run and do short passes to run out the clock. Not give brady another chance.

worst decision ever and he threw an int on a similiar play earlier in game. I hope Luck doesn't do that.

Don't worry about it. If we got by Denver I would savor being in the title game as long as possible.

Besides, I did not like the odds of both Brady/Manning going down in a 24 hour period. Our odds seem better to me now that Brady won.

I did not think two AFC upsets would happen. We are a bigger underdog then Baltimore was likely and we got a time slot in divisional weekend too that often has had upsets over the years.

I was thinking that as well.

I believe the Colts are going to upset Denver tomorrow.  We are going to Foxboro where our season will likely end.  However, while I still don't like our chances against New England...as a fan I want to go there now.  I am getting tired of all this talk about them wanting to face the Colts.  The Pats think the Colts are chumps...and will just roll over in Foxboro.  Sometimes the only way to go down is to face down the bully, stand there and punch them back in the mouth.  May not win the fight but there is confidence to be gained.  Baltimore did not fear going there.  Neither should the Colts.  I don't feel that New England respects this Colts team.  We have given them no reason to thus far in the Luck-era?  But if they become too overconfident and arrogant...well stranger things have happened. But first things first...gotta deal with faithful #18. 

I was thinking that as well.

I believe the Colts are going to upset Denver tomorrow.  We are going to Foxboro where our season will likely end.  However, while I still don't like our chances against New England...as a fan I want to go there now.  I am getting tired of all this talk about them wanting to face the Colts.  The Pats think the Colts are chumps...and will just roll over in Foxboro.  Sometimes the only way to go down is to face down the bully, stand there and punch them back in the mouth.  May not win the fight but there is confidence to be gained.  Baltimore did not fear going there.  Neither should the Colts.  I don't feel that New England respects this Colts team.  Why should they given recent results.  But if they become too overconfident and arrogant...well stranger things have happened. But first things first...gotta deal with faithful #18. 

The pats are always cocky doesn't matter who they face.

As much as I'd hate to hear all the "Wilson has 2 rings, Luck has none" discussion, I'd hate the "BRADY IS GOAT BLAH BLAH BLAH WE WON WE'RE GREAT" crap pats fans would say more. Go Hawks I guess. But first and foremost, Go Colts and beat Denver.

But we lost all non 1pm games except against the Texans

they blew the game. 2nd and 5 and you go deep instead of picking up the first down

Flacco took a shot.  Personally...I like his gumption to step outside of convention at that spot in hopes of catching them off guard.  Unfortunately the Pats secondary came up with a big play.  It happens.

As much as I want the Colts to win tomorrow, I'd much rather lose to Denver than New England.

This is a ridiculous post. At least if we lose to New England we made it to the AFC Championship. Sure, maybe Manning could beat the Pats and them getting out would be a win if that's what you mean, but I want this win over Denver. Even if we can beat Denver and lose a close one to New England, that's a massive improvement. A win over Denver would be huge for the Colts and Andrew Luck.

Flacco took a shot.  Personally...I like his gumption to step outside of convention at that spot in hopes of catching them off guard.  Unfortunately the Pats secondary came up with a big play.  It happens.

His shot was into triple coverage.

it was a terrible play. He throw an int on a similar play earlier. All he had to do was take what the defense gave him.

The slim chance we had of making it to the Super Bowl just went out the window with that Flacco pick.

Can't count on someone else to fight their battles.  If this team wants to go to the Super Bowl...gonna have to throw down with the big boys...no fear.  Nothing to lose...respect to gain.

Can't count on someone else to fight their battles.  If this team wants to go to the Super Bowl...gonna have to throw down with the big boys...no fear.  Nothing to lose...respect to gain.

Absolutely. We got lucky facing the Bengals in the wild card round, can't get a guaranteed win every round. No home field advantage against the Ravens sucks, but we need 2 wins. That's possible if Luck plays lights out and has two great games. Our O-Line looks better and we have very few injuries. It's possible.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by nothing to lose.  If the Colts lose don't they lose out on a chance to go to the Super Bowl or is there something I am missing?

Absolutely. We got lucky facing the Bengals in the wild card round, can't get a guaranteed win every round. No home field advantage against the Ravens sucks, but we need 2 wins. That's possible if Luck plays lights out and has two great games. Our O-Line looks better and we have very few injuries. It's possible.

Yes AGREED.  Don't need anything to be handed to us on a silver platter.  If the team is truly worthy...they will rise up and take it regardless of who they have to play. 

Based on today's result, some are acting like we now suddenly have to beat two teams tomorrow.   We are facing the Broncos.  Let's see if we can get by them and then worry about going to Foxboro when/if that time comes.  One game at a time. 

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by nothing to lose.  If the Colts lose don't they lose out on a chance to go to the Super Bowl or is there something I am missing?

This is true.  But who really expects them to go to the Super Bowl...outside of a few hopeful Colts fans?  To the outside world, if they beat Denver tomorrow and reach the AFC Championship they would have overachieved and taken a significant step over last year.  They win tomorrow, they are going to Foxboro with house money in my opinion.  Hopefully they'll play like it if it comes to that.