Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cherilus says Clowney is “screwed”

OldSchoolColt

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a serious concern that Clowney would be sacking Luck at will for years to come, but Cherilus thinks Clowney microfracture surgery may affect his play more than people think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/11/cherilus-says-clowney-is-screwed/

“His game is all about explosion.  That’s a problem."

He went through the same surgery, so he must know what is he talking about.

Nah I think Clowney will be fine, Its not like he is 300lbs but it will just take time, Wish him the best, I look forward to seeing him play....But not against Luck

He'll be fine if he takes his rehab seriously. He was never known as being a hard worker in college. As a multi-millionaire, do you think he'll be more motivated to get back in a hurry?

I won't be surprised if he's out all next year.

He'll be fine if he takes his rehab seriously. He was never known as being a hard worker in college. As a multi-millionaire, do you think he'll be more motivated to get back in a hurry?

I won't be surprised if he's out all next year.

Very few people are fine after microfracture surgery.

This is the same condition and surgery that marked the decline of Marvin Harrison.

And he was clearly never the same after it.

Marvin Harrison had a knee injury and was never the same after that. He NEVER had micro surgery on that knee. Your about the 4th person to claim this. Where are you people getting this from ?

He's not lazy. Ludicrous. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but there's no way you outwork a starting NFL athlete.

You can critique his play, but calling him lazy is, well, just lazy.

In supermanlucks defense, there were numerous college teammates calling him lazy and poor work ethic. You are right none of us could out work an nfl player.. none of us are 6'6 250 pounds either.

In supermanlucks defense, there were numerous college teammates calling him lazy and poor work ethic. You are right none of us could out work an nfl player.. none of us are 6'6 250 pounds either.

You don't start in the NFL for 7 years, including rehabbing from micro fracture surgery and continuing to keep the knee in playing shape, if you are lazy. 

You don't start in the NFL for 7 years, including rehabbing from micro fracture surgery and continuing to keep the knee in playing shape, if you are lazy.

Clowneys played in nfl for 7 years?.. you must of misunderstood or i just entered the twlight zone

Edit.. i think we both misunderstood eachother.. i apologize

Marvin Harrison had a knee injury and was never the same after that. He NEVER had micro surgery on that knee. Your about the 4th person to claim this. Where are you people getting this from ?

I made it up! :)

Seriously.... I thought that's what Marvin underwent back when his knee went bad. Or maybe I'm just remembering Polian's denials.

Either way...it went downhill for Marvin then and it ain't looking good for Clowney now.

He's so slow and lazy.

Saying he is lazy is completely asinine and without merit at all. You have not a clue if that is close to true. Don't like him - fine. Say he is lazy when you don't have the slightest clue is flat out ignorant.

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

I made it up! :)

Seriously.... I thought that's what Marvin underwent back when his knee went bad. Or maybe I'm just remembering Polian's denials.

Either way...it went downhill for Marvin then and it ain't looking good for Clowney now.

LOL.. love that answer. Funny you mentioned Polian's denials. My brother lives near Tampa and knew a few people that had connections with Dungy. They told him MH was probably done way way before we knew it

The lazy stuff is really not nice and there is nothing to back up that claim. Yeah .. a few "talking heads * said he was "protecting " himself and not going all out in his last college year. If that's what you call (lazy) being double and triple teamed on every play .. then OK.