Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne

Mr.Debonair

How many throws were forced to Reggie? So his targets are obviously inflated.

Yes, he dropped ones that we're wide open but we've been spoiled by Reggie's hands over the years...regular WRs have 5-10 drops a season, so Reggie just had them all out of the way today :P

Exactly. . . I would say Whalen as we've seen him make plays when called upon.  

But it really hurt us that we only had 2 WR's who could catch the ball.  At the very least Whalen can catch.

We def have to either draft a WR or sign one in FA.  I prefer draft, we have good luck with drafting WR's.  All the FA receivers we've signed have not done well.

Well, we will probably have Duron Carter around next year...he has stated a preference recently to play with Andrew. We still need to draft one though...Carter may not pan out in the NFL.

He's playing hurt. He NEEDS to take a few weeks off and rest/heal up for the playoffs.

That's the best case scenario, figuring that it's just his elbow injury.

But even in that scenario we need to bench him or put him on in-active until playoffs.  And we need a #3 WR.  I say we elevate Whalen.

If we are ok with O-line depth then we can just elevate Whalen to take Reitz's place.  Because whatever happened to Reitz, it looks like it's a season ending injury.

How many throws were forced to Reggie? So his targets are obviously inflated.

Yes, he dropped ones that we're wide open but we've been spoiled by Reggie's hands over the years...regular WRs have 5-10 drops a season, so Reggie just had them all out of the way today :P

That's putting a positive spin on it. But unfortunately his play has been bad since his elbow injury. I think this is the end for our Colts hero.  

He's definitely slowed down and just flat out doesn't look good, but he was dropping balls that were hitting him right in the chest.  I'm kind of afraid that Wayne and Nicks have just tuned out because they know this teams goes as Hilton and Fleener go.

Yeah but we need more than one receiver and a couple of tight ends. We are suppose to have all these weapons but I guess it's not true.  

That's the best case scenario, figuring that it's just his elbow injury.

But even in that scenario we need to bench him or put him on in-active until playoffs.  And we need a #3 WR.  I say we elevate Whalen.

If we are ok with O-line depth then we can just elevate Whalen to take Reitz's place.  Because whatever happened to Reitz, it looks like it's a season ending injury.

Will have bring in some o-lineman or promote some from the practice squad

Guys I think he may have a nerve issue in that arm. These problems of dropping balls didn't appear until he had that arm injury and now wears that brace. My son was hit in the same area playing lacrosse and it took a couple of months to get the full use and feeling back. Just my 2 cents

Man,some of y'all are way too quick to turn on Reggie. Dude has one bad game and people are all over him. If he keeps it up that's different. If he comes in next week and has 7 receptions and a TD no one will say anything like they have today. Chill out with the Wayne hate. Isn't like Hilton didn't drop any today either.

Man,some of y'all are way too quick to turn on Reggie. Dude has one bad game and people are all over him. If he keeps it up that's different. If he comes in next week and has 7 receptions and a TD no one will say anything like they have today. Chill out with the Wayne hate. Isn't like Hilton didn't drop any today either.

He's had more than one bad game. He hasn't been all that good since the Giants game.

I love Reggie but he looks done. He's not the same and he almost looks worse every game.

Love Reggie but he has had 3 bad games in a row and was wide open on many not like him

In coach pagano's instant access post game interview with Bob lamey he says that Reggie is dealing with a knee, elbow and torn tri. Then stops. If Reggie has a torn tricept I can't imagine trying to catch a ball with that injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes on IR after next week to have the most games and wins as a colt.

Guys I think he may have a nerve issue in that arm. These problems of dropping balls didn't appear until he had that arm injury and now wears that brace. My son was hit in the same area playing lacrosse and it took a couple of months to get the full use and feeling back. Just my 2 cents

This.  Aging receivers lose speed and the ability to get open but don't usually lose their hands.  To put a positive spin on things -- he was at least open enough to have 6 catches today if not for the drops.  Not too bad.  Let it heal and let's get him back.

In coach pagano's instant access post game interview with Bob lamey he says that Reggie is dealing with a knee, elbow and torn tri. Then stops. If Reggie has a torn tricept I can't imagine trying to catch a ball with that injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes on IR after next week to have the most games and wins as a colt.

Wow...then yeah I can understand the drops. Explains why he's not extending his arms as once was. Sadly, I think this is the last year we will see Reggie Wayne on the field. I hope we can make some deep playoff run to the big game and win it for him.

Thanks.

Figured it must've been something still going on with that arm. He hasn't been fully extending it on some these targets.

Won't go that far but something is definitely afoot with him

Im guessing his elbow might be a major factor 

He has not been the same since the elbow injury...it is probably still affecting him...and then there is Father Time.

He has not been the same since he was injured - its like he shying away from any type contact if at all possible and its affecting his ability to secure a catch.

Looks a lot like Marvin after he came back to be honest.

Yes, I think it's clear that injury is still bothering him big time. He was a huge detriment to the team today and with him and Nicks on the field we might as well be playing with 9 guys out there.

I think it's the elbow; nerve related

Guys, it's Reggie. He deserves a lot more respect than he is getting on this forum.

One play in the 2nd quarter where Reggie had a drop and the defender came down on him when he was on the ground he was grimacing and looked to be in severe pain (he came down on the arm with the hurt elbow).  I think he did more than just hurt his elbow to be honest -- I cannot find a replay of the injury, but from what I remember I thought he was going to be dealing with shoulder/collarbone/back/rib issues the way he came down.  Reggie is a tough s.o.b. and I have a feeling he can play through a lot more than most players in this league.  Reggie is one of the last players left that is from the 'old school'.

And trueblueblood, I cannot agree with you more.  Reggie is almost like Derek Jeter to this team -- if he thinks he can play, he's earned the right to do so, he is the longest tenured Colt (I actually think of all time, if I remember a stat saying today's game saw him surpass Peyton for all time most games as a Colt).  He'll get this fixed, no doubt in my mind.  Today wasn't a great game from Reggie, but we shouldn't be calling for his head -- he gave a lot to the Colts organization and to the city of Indianapolis by staying with the Colts after Peyton left.  He has been our leader and is a major part of the reason why Luck, TY, and Moncrief are all progressing as well as they are. 

I have not yet seen what Cribbs brings to this team that is so valuable. Yeah he almost ran one back except for a penalty. So what. Cribb's made bad decisions out there today.

Whalen can play the slot and make tough catches. With Reggie dropping the ball, we need him in.

What bad decisions did Cribbs make?