Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots vs Colts SNF Predictions

RockThatBlue

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually picking the Colts in this one. Let's go with 38-34. Patriots lead most of the way but Indy surges back at the end and scores the go-ahead TD with less than 30 seconds left.

You might be taking heat from your fellow Pats fans for that prediction.

You might be taking heat from your fellow Pats fans for that prediction.

Maybe, but any Patriots fan who is over-confident about this game is foolish. 

Fact is, they haven't really had a "meaningful" road win in quite some time. I'd define "meaningful" as being on the road against a playoff team. 

2013, they lost at Cincy and at Carolina.

2012, they lost at Baltimore and at Seattle.

2011 they lost at Pittsburgh (they did win in Denver, but it was Tebow so it doesn't count).

So I have to go all the way back to 2010, in a nice 39-26 victory at Pittsburgh, as their last big road win. For me they have to "prove it." They've had a nice run these past few weeks but their only road trip in the stretch was to Buffalo. 

I have confidence for sure that they can... I'm just sure they will. Indy is a tough challenge and there's no shame in losing a tight game on the road, if that's how it all unfolds. 

I can see us losing this game, but I doubt they score 50+

I'd normally agree, but during the Luck era, the Patriots are averaging 51 pts per game against us.

If you're feeling extra superstitious, Tom Brady / The Patriots have never won a game in Lucas Oil Stadium, including Superbowl XLVI.

I'd normally agree, but during the Luck era, the Patriots are averaging 51 pts per game against us.

If you're feeling extra superstitious, Tom Brady / The Patriots have never won a game in Lucas Oil Stadium, including Superbowl XLVI.

Ugh, the last two games have been so bad.

To the bolded, let's hope it continues. :goodluck:

I'm actually picking the Colts in this one. Let's go with 38-34. Patriots lead most of the way but Indy surges back at the end and scores the go-ahead TD with less than 30 seconds left. 

Yeah I agree with the score.  But I say the Colts control the tempo through out the game.  But if the Pats do win it will be by their secondary being able to make stops and turnovers.  They finally got a legit secondary.

Pats have to prove they can beat an elite team on the road.  If this game was in NE I would pick the Pats by 17+.

Andrew Luck is 8-8 against teams with an above .500 record I believe?  Someone find that stat.  I just heard it on the radio.

How do I see this going? Well, that depends. For me personally, I feel good. Things are good. Unless, of course, we're in the possible future where the Patriots actually show up, which causes Luck to have to throw the ball 50 times, half of which are interceptions, in which case we lose horribly, which means I'd better call my bookie like right now....or if it's the possible future, in which Brady throws 10 touchdowns and causes me gastric distress.

But thankfully this forum, sir, will offer some comfort such that we can all scream to fire everyone and trade T-Rich. so I'll be good, I'll be good. Except in the case of the possible future where Vinny declares everlasting love for the Patriots, just before he has a chance to kick the winning field goal. So, on the whole, I'd have to say, not good. I'm not good.

(quick, what movie did I just butcher that quote from?)

I'm all for a Colts victory!

Colts 31-28

I'm really worried about this game!! Colts CAN NOT get the Pats number for some reason. I feel like we always change our game plan when playing the pats and it doesn't work. Kind of like we are to scared about playing them so we change what has been working... Not sure! But we need this one!!!!

I'm all for a Colts victory!

Colts 31-28

I'm really worried about this game!! Colts CAN NOT get the Pats number for some reason. I feel like we always change our game plan when playing the pats and it doesn't work. Kind of like we are to scared about playing them so we change what has been working... Not sure! But we need this one!!!!

Colts win if it's a shootout.  If their WR's get open consistently it's over.  They'll toy with the Pats' D and go up and down the field on them.

I really think the Colts are planning on a "Go big or go home" game plan to really open up the passing game and come out shot out of a cannon trying to establish a fast passing game.

I think this game comes down to the Colts' passing game.  They need to get TY, Wayne and Hicks into the game.  If those 3 are severely limited by double coverage or an effective Belichick zone scheme then the Colts will be forced to run the ball and use their TE's.  It will slow the game tempo down and that's what the Pats want.  More minutes off the clock and a lower scoring game.  Because if it's a shootout = Colts advantage.

I hate so say it, but I don't see us winning this game. I think we will lose by 2TDs or more.

1. Bill B had a bye week to plan

2. We won't stop Gronkowski

3. We don't have Mathis to pressure Brady

sorry.

Colts have never lost after their bye week in the Luck-Pagano era.

Colt's likely wont stop Gronk, but he wont win the Pats the game by himself. Look for their other recievers to be shut down.

We can find ways to get to Brady. Not like Pitts on the road. This is our house.