Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Browns are going to the Super Bowl

Synthetic

Yep I just said it..

Well, maybe not Super Bowl, but I am totally sold on them going to the playoffs.

I've railed on them and bashed them all year long out of butt hurtness for beating muh team at the last second so finally, I am going to give them props in the most unselfish way possible.

So you got me finally I'll just say it CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!!!

Alright that's enough for me tonight, and the end of my praise for them.

Yep I just said it..

Well, maybe not Super Bowl, but I am totally sold on them going to the playoffs.

I've railed on them and bashed them all year long out of butt hurtness for beating muh team at the last second so finally, I am going to give them props in the most unselfish way possible.

Agree, Browns are a looking built like a solid play off team and Steelers will crumble before the end. Great, aggressive defense, Hoyer looking like Brady-lite, good coaching.

I hope they don't come our way first

And we think we have any easy schedule left... lol Browns, Pats, Cowboys and another game with Hou which will be close. Thats 4 games that look to be tough games where if we dont come out on top of pur game we could easily loose. I dont get all this talk of we have such an easy schedule left. Ummmm it doesn't look that way to me at all. I see those as 4 tough games

Yep I just said it..

Good rant, Bogie, but IU players will stay out of trouble before The Browns make the playoffs

I agree. Browns have been steady all year. And they will get Gordon back next week I think. Will be tight with the Steelers as they split h-to-h and both are 2-2 in the division. I believe the Browns still have Cincy at home and then last game at Baltimore. Steelers have CIncy twice left on their schedule.

None of these teams are going to the Super Bowl. They are all decent, but flawed teams. The Ravens are done with Jimmy Smith out for the season. Cincy looks done after losing 24-3 at home. Pittsburgh lost at home to Tampa, and the Browns lost to Jacksonville. Someone has to win this division, but they won't go far. I have a bad feeling it will be the Steelers. Every time we think the Browns aren't the Browns, they lay an egg and lose to Jacksonville, or something. Still, if the Ravens don't win, and I doubt they will, I would prefer Cleveland.

And the Colts have to play them with Josh Gordon.. will be tougher than I anticipated.

Vontae vs Gordon should be a good matchup.  

The only thing is that I'm not completely sold on them.  They won some good games but they havn't had very many games where they've been dominate.  

I mean they barely beat the Titans by a point with a big comeback win on the road and somehow managed to lose to the Jags. They are winning games but not in dominate fashion and often they come against low to mid-low level opponents. Their win against the Steelers came before the Steelers got really hot.  

I mean I hope that they do make the playoffs and everything because Cleveland is long overdue to have a team that wins and goes to the playoffs.  But looking at their body of work, I'm not seeing a lot that convinces me that this is a really good team.   

All that having been said. . . Josh Gordon coming back could make that team a lot better.  

None of these teams are going to the Super Bowl. They are all decent, but flawed teams. The Ravens are done with Jimmy Smith out for the season. Cincy looks done after losing 24-3 at home. Pittsburgh lost at home to Tampa, and the Browns lost to Jacksonville. Someone has to win this division, but they won't go far. I have a bad feeling it will be the Steelers. Every time we think the Browns aren't the Browns, they lay an egg and lose to Jacksonville, or something. Still, if the Ravens don't win, and I doubt they will, I would prefer Cleveland.

Steelers are hot right now so it's hard to count against them, if Josh Gordon is playing like he did last year, he is going to make them a lot better then they already are.  Plus their schedule from now on doesn't look all that hard.  Texans, @ Atlanta, @ Buffalo, Colts, Bengals, @ Carolina, @ Baltimore

4 or 5 wins out of those 7 games should at the very least put them in position for a wildcard if they don't win the division. Most of their toughest remaining games are at home too, which helps.  

Agree, Browns are a looking built like a solid play off team and Steelers will crumble before the end. Great, aggressive defense, Hoyer looking like Brady-lite, good coaching.

I hope they don't come our way first

I agree. Pittsburgh will struggle when Ben comes crashing back down to Earth and Troy, Harrison, or both hurt themselves. Palamalu is a danger to himself out there.

Btw, I have long thought that if the Cubs win the World Series the world will burn as a result of them celebrating... and the same may hold true if Cleveland wins any championship. It will be funny to see the Browns deliver before Lebron James does. I'd love to see them trade Manziel in the future while signing Hoyer.

Hoyer didn't impress me last night, or this season. Inaccurate and inconsistent, and too many mistakes. The run game is good (ben Tate is trash though.) and the defense is solid, but I can't see them making noise come playoff time. I think you're all overreacting to an imploding Bengals offense. They very well may make the playoffs but they don't stand a chance against a Denver or New England.

Vontae vs Gordon should be a good matchup.  

The only thing is that I'm not completely sold on them.  They won some good games but they havn't had very many games where they've been dominate.  

I mean they barely beat the Titans by a point with a big comeback win on the road and somehow managed to lose to the Jags. They are winning games but not in dominate fashion and often they come against low to mid-low level opponents. Their win against the Steelers came before the Steelers got really hot.  

I mean I hope that they do make the playoffs and everything because Cleveland is long overdue to have a team that wins and goes to the playoffs.  But looking at their body of work, I'm not seeing a lot that convinces me that this is a really good team.   

All that having been said. . . Josh Gordon coming back could make that team a lot better.

Agree completely. The only thing I would add is that the browns run the ball and play defense And that play style travels well and is impervious to bad weather. I want to think they will get better as the weather gets worse but the Browns always seem to fall apart.

A lot of tough games left. The Browns need to win at minimum 4 or 5 games our of 7. That's a tough task, but getting Josh Gordon back will certainly help. 

Houston (I'll be there)

@Falcons

@Bills

Colts (I'll be there)

Bengals (I'll be there)

@Panthers

@Ravens

Yep I just said it..

The nicest thing I can say to this post is that Browns fans finally have a respectable team & I'm overjoyed for Joe Thomas, another UW-Madison Alumni who works his tail off.  :hat:

Browns only good because Manziel media was was there most of the time on team site. The Browns haven't had media coverage in years. If it wasn't for Manziel, the Brown would have been garbaged by now. 

Johnny Football is on the bench James. How is that even relevant now? Is Manziel winning games in the Dog pound right now? Nope. 

Drafting Manziel gave Browns some coverage, no doubt about it. But the bigger benefit was it got Brian Hoyer motivated to make sure he was not just another Browns QB in the long list of QBs with Manziel possibly looking over his shoulder. It was a win-win for the Browns in the short and long term, IMO.

Drafting Manziel gave Browns some coverage, no doubt about it. But the bigger benefit was it got Brian Hoyer motivated to make sure he was not just another Browns QB in the long list of QBs with Manziel possibly looking over his shoulder. It was a win-win for the Browns in the short and long term, IMO.

I don't agree with that at all. Brian Hoyer does not need to be motivated, that's not the kind of guy he is.