Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, about that "easiest schedule".....and give your adjusted reg. season predictions

cmgww

Let me preface by saying, like a lot of you, I think the whole toughest/easiest schedule thing is bogus. It's based on the previous season, and we all know that isn't a good starting point, especially in the NFL. But, what looked to be an easy draw of the NFC East has taken a turn. The Cowboys were supposed to be a dumpster fire, and instead are 4-1. Same with the Giants, they turned it around and are looking good. The Redskins (yeah I said it) are 1-4 but played the Seahawks tough, and may have RG3 back by time we play them. That may or may not be a good thing.

As for the AFC, we have the Pats, Texans 2x, and up and down Steelers team, and a Cleveland team that can be tricky...not to mention rematches against the Titans and Jax (though those are probably wins, you never know)

My point is, the schedule at this point, well...the Colts have their work cut out. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here. Really, I am just pointing out the stupidity of "pundits" that base "easy/tough" schedules on what took place last year. Who knows? Can the Colts win them all? Sure. Will they? Probably not. That said...my take is 10-6, winning the division.

Wins- @Texans, @Steelers, Jags, Skins, @ Browns, Texans, @Titans

Toss ups: Pats, Bengals, @Giants, @Cowboys

I have no definite losses on here. Not being a homer, but there isn't a "for sure" loss from here on out. But there are also those games we have penciled in as Ws and things go sideways.

What are your adjusted W/L projections? Playoff seeding too, if you are so inclined....

I agree with that. Those easiest schedule things are such nonsense.

As for the remaining games i think personally think. Hou, Pit, NYG, Cin, Dal, and NE will give us the toughest competition.

I think we could end up anywhere from 10-6 to 12-4. I think we will win the division and the placing will depend on how we play against Cin and NE.

Let me preface by saying, like a lot of you, I think the whole toughest/easiest schedule thing is bogus. It's based on the previous season, and we all know that isn't a good starting point, especially in the NFL.

You are correct when you say that some teams lowly regarded in the preseason can be much better when the season is over.   The opposite is also true. 

Whether or not a team is playing a tough or easy schedule really can't be determined until at least the half way mark.

Let me preface by saying, like a lot of you, I think the whole toughest/easiest schedule thing is bogus. It's based on the previous season, and we all know that isn't a good starting point, especially in the NFL. But, what looked to be an easy draw of the NFC East has taken a turn. The Cowboys were supposed to be a dumpster fire, and instead are 4-1. Same with the Giants, they turned it around and are looking good. The Redskins (yeah I said it) are 1-4 but played the Seahawks tough, and may have RG3 back by time we play them. That may or may not be a good thing.

As for the AFC, we have the Pats, Texans 2x, and up and down Steelers team, and a Cleveland team that can be tricky...not to mention rematches against the Titans and Jax (though those are probably wins, you never know)

My point is, the schedule at this point, well...the Colts have their work cut out. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here. Really, I am just pointing out the stupidity of "pundits" that base "easy/tough" schedules on what took place last year. Who knows? Can the Colts win them all? Sure. Will they? Probably not. That said...my take is 10-6, winning the division.

I have no definite losses on here. Not being a homer, but there isn't a "for sure" loss from here on out. But there are also those games we have penciled in as Ws and things go sideways.

What are your adjusted W/L projections? Playoff seeding too, if you are so inclined....

COLTS schedule is pretty brutal if you study it.  I think we can make the playoffs at 9-7, but since we have already lost 2 games, that's asking a lot per historical references from some major media.

Surely you split the toss ups, which means you think 12-4, which is where I have them now. Injuries, as always may be the telling stat, one way or another.

If we take out Houston comfortably on Thursday, it could be the start of something rather special.

So far, there's no way one can claim the Colts have played a difficult schedule so far.  Two of the Colts wins have been against two of the weakest teams in the NFL. 

Wins do not equate to the full schedule. They lost to the Broncos and Eagles, two of the top teams. That means they played them, that means they are on the schedule, and therefore are factored into the discussion when you claim difficulty of schedule. Otherwise I could say the the Seahawks are bad because they barely beat the Redskins, and I don't care what happened in any other game because it doesn't fit into my argument. 

Wins do not equate to the full schedule. They lost to the Broncos and Eagles, two of the top teams. That means they played them, that means they are on the schedule, and therefore are factored into the discussion when you claim difficulty of schedule. Otherwise I could say the the Seahawks are bad because they barely beat the Redskins, and I don't care what happened in any other game because it doesn't fit into my argument. 

Let's see how the eagles and Broncos look by the end of the season.  I know the Titans and Jags will be sorry.  I think the Brocos will be at or neat the top of the AFC.  The Eagles? I'm not so sure. 

I'll say the Colts go 10-6.

Re the goofy hard/ easy deal, Texans fans could say they really have a tougher schedule by playing us twice yet we have an easier schedule by playing them twice. What sense does that make?

It makes no sense.  Both the Texans and Colts have identical records at this point.  The Texans look to have the stronger defense.  The Colts look to have a better offense based only on the Texans QB situation. 

11-5 or 12-4 looks the most likely. I'm just glad that the hardest remaining games, IMO (New England and Cincinatti) will be in Indianapolis. At Pittsburgh and at Dallas will certainly be tough as well. Out of those four, I think we can win 2 or 3, and take all of the other games.

So far, there's no way one can claim the Colts have played a difficult schedule so far.  Two of the Colts wins have been against two of the weakest teams in the NFL. 

BFD.....

Three of the five games have been against playoff caliber opponents.

You really need to stop writing things like.....   "there's no way one can claim...."   

Because you give yourself no wiggle room.    I appreciate you think your opinion is the word of God,  but it's not.

The schedule thus far has been tough...   it certainly hasn't been easy....    and it's been harder than "average".....

It makes no sense.  Both the Texans and Colts have identical records at this point.  The Texans look to have the stronger defense.  The Colts look to have a better offense based only on the Texans QB situation. 

Seriously?

Not based on Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, Moncrief,  Allen,  Fleener,  Richardson and Bradshaw?

Only because of Luck?      You have an interesting view of things.....    :facepalm:

BFD.....

Three of the five games have been against playoff caliber opponents.

You really need to stop writing things like.....   "there's no way one can claim...."   

Because you give yourself no wiggle room.    I appreciate you think your opinion is the word of God,  but it's not.

The schedule thus far has been tough...   it certainly hasn't been easy....    and it's been harder than "average".....

are you serious?

I like 10-6.

-Patriots showed how to beat the Bengals: Take Green out of the game and get the run game going. Vontae can probably shutdown Green but I don't think we'll be able to really fire up the run game like the Patriots did. Plus, they out coached the Bengals so bad it wasn't even funny

-Pats are going to be our Achilles heel. I really think it comes down to coaching everytime with them. We'll get out coached here.

-Cowboys could be a surprise loss. Murray looks unstoppable and Tyron Smith isn't going to let any of the rushers on his side get even a sniff of Romo. They win the war in the trenches here and beat us like 28-17 or something

-Last lost is a tossup I guess. Maybe a split with the Texans or shocker loss to NY.

11-5 or 12-4 looks the most likely. I'm just glad that the hardest remaining games, IMO (New England and Cincinatti) will be in Indianapolis. At Pittsburgh and at Dallas will certainly be tough as well. Out of those four, I think we can win 2 or 3, and take all of the other games.

But this game Thursday is the key to winning the division.

This is the most important game of the season...