Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts-Patriots Point Spread

since 1960

Super Bowl 3? Wasn't that 20 points in favor of the Colts. Plus I'm pretty sure the Steelers were 24 point favorites vs the Bucs in 76.

But nowadays, with parity the way it is, that's asinine to see a spread that big in the NFL. Even with as bad as the Colts are playing, they have been close in a lot of games.

But nowadays, with parity the way it is, that's asinine to see a spread that big in the NFL. Even with as bad as the Colts are playing, they have been close in a lot of games.

The Eagles were 23.5 point underdogs to the Pats in 07... our game is also in NE and the Pats have put up 72 points in the last 2 games.

Maybe so,but would you take the Colts and 21 after what we have witnessed this year? I honestly think the Patriots will cover it if they play with the intensity they showed against Eagles.

I just seen an early Las Vegas point spread that favors Patriots by 21 points in next weeks game. As a Colt fan this is embarassing. I also don't think I have seen this much of a point spread ever in a NFL game. After watching Brady today they will probably cover it easily.

If you think the spread is embarrassing, you will hate the final score.

I just seen an early Las Vegas point spread that favors Patriots by 21 points in next weeks game. As a Colt fan this is embarassing. I also don't think I have seen this much of a point spread ever in a NFL game. After watching Brady today they will probably cover it easily.

That's about right..and that's as much as I can ever remember for a Colts game even in the dark days

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 28, 2011 - troll
Hidden by -JJ-, November 28, 2011 - troll

Hey, guys!

Greetings from Massachusetts!

I was hoping you guys could just forfeit this game. Maybe start a petition? It's honestly not very fair that the New England Patriots, with the best offense in the NFL and now favored to win the AFC, should have to actually PLAY their bye week against the Colts. Think you guys could drop a line with Polian for me? Maybe put a bug in his ear?

Belichick hates your team and that always reflects itself on the scoreboard. He'll probably put 60+ points over your heads if you actually show up to play. So please! Spare yourselves the ugly humiliation and spare me having to watch a 3+ hour car wreck and it'll be win win for both of us! Just more win for me.

Thanks for being such great sports!

Yours truly,

Patriot Nation.

Funny...After the Carolina game, I predicted to my buddy who is also a Colts fan that the spread would be 20-21 points. So this does sounds right to me as embarassing as it might be. I also predict that the Pats will cover. Lord help our Colts.

I fully don't expect it, as the Pats are finding their rhythm and really sticking it to teams now....but just what if, what if, the Colts somehow, someway pulled off the upset? It would be the mother of all upsets, for sure...It would take the perfect game by Painter (not likely) and keeping Brady off the field, and gassing their D which isn't that good (improving yes but still not great). Run Run Run some more with Brown and Carter. Somehow get pressure on Brady....

I know it is 99% unlikely, but a Colts win would make this unbearable season worth it for me. They could lose out, but winning against the Pats at their place would really be something!

Well the good thing is that the colts d is built to prevent "the big play", so maybe it will take enough time to throw a hundred 5 yard passes to Welker that they will only score 35 in their 40 minute time of possession. Of coures I can't see Belichick pulling on the reigns against the team that stopped his 4th and 2. I have a bad feeling of new Orleans dejavu.

I think Frathis will get a couple sacks on Brady and McAfee will have a good game as usual, they still will put up atleast 30+ and our offense will look weak against a weak/mediocre Pats defense. Special Teams will continue to suck and Benjarvis will still probably have a thousand yard season due to the 150+ rush yards he will put up on us. The Pats know they have an opportunity to embarrass this year and I fully expect them to take advantage of it.

Saints have the #1 offense in the league.

Saints have the #2 offense in the league, and that's only because they played us. Once the patriots play us they will probably move into #2.

And the Patriots d is not bad, it's been exagerated. They give up yards, yes, but they don't give up points what is all that really matters. they are 11th in opposing points. Patriots are a great team, with great coaching, and great talent/team-players. They will put up 40+. i'll be happy if we score more than 6. They should be 28 pt favorites.

Saints have the #2 offense in the league, and that's only because they played us. Once the patriots play us they will probably move into #2.

And the Patriots d is not bad, it's been exagerated. They give up yards, yes, but they don't give up points what is all that really matters. they are 11th in opposing points. Patriots are a great team, with great coaching, and great talent/team-players. They will put up 40+. i'll be happy if we score more than 6. They should be 28 pt favorites.

Your giving the Patriots too much credit and the colts not enough.