Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Delano Howell neck injury looks to be serious

TKnight24

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@HolderStephen: Just had talk w GM Ryan Grigson. Getting some bad vibes on Delano Howell's neck injury. Seeing multiple docs. Future uncertain. Story coming

@HolderStephen: This would have significant impact on the position battle at strong safety, giving Mike Adams the likely edge there.

Hate to see Howell hurt like that. I don't think that means anything as far as Dewey he is still practice squad IMO.

We keep 10 DB's

Davis Toler Butler Landry Adams are the obvious 5 then

Gordy

Burley

Purifoy

Anderson

Brown

I would say that Price could slip in there ahead of Burley or Purifoy depends on our PR situation either way odd man out is on the practice squad.

An injury prone player who's not even very good when healthy. The Safety position is easily the most mismanaged/neglected position on this team.

I thought so too.  Howell is not very big, nor is he real fast so I wasn't sure what Grigson saw in him. maybe he saw a solid depth guy.  I just don't understand why the position wasn't really addressed in the draft.  This position is right there with RB as being mismanaged and/or neglected

Agreed

We have Landry and Adams as our starters. That was coming regardless of the neck Howell had missed to much time. Brown and Anderson as back ups. Dewey developing on the practice squad. We still might get Howell back.  Great shape.

Everything is going to be ok.

See how I stole your line there? 

We have Landry and Adams as our starters. That was coming regardless of the neck Howell had missed to much time. Brown and Anderson as back ups. Dewey developing on the practice squad. We still might get Howell back.  Great shape.

Everything is going to be ok.

See how I stole your line there?

The only fear I have esp. if Howell is out is depth

If he's out for the year this is going to be a huge killer at our depth chart. Safety, besides offensive line, has got to be our weakest position. We virtually have no depth and our starters haven't shown me enough to make me feel comfortable. Mike Adams is aging and he's a decent player, but he's nothing special. Landry is hit or miss and we just need to pray he returns to his 2012 form that he had during his stint with the Jets. This was a position that we simply couldn't afford to lose someone.

If Howell is out.. I wouldn't be upset if Grigson pulled the trigger on an other trade. The colts can be very good this year and our window of building this championship team can go into the end of next season before we must hand out some hefty contracts.

We have the money. We have two years to do it. I say go for broke and get someone in here who can make a ton of plays.

The only fear I have esp. if Howell is out is depth

I think we were only keeping 4 S and 6 CB for 10 DB's not sure how that changes our depth too much. The Adams signing really helped us. Probably made us better on the back end. IMO

If he's out for the year this is going to be a huge killer at our depth chart. Safety, besides offensive line, has got to be our weakest position. We virtually have no depth and our starters haven't shown me enough to make me feel comfortable. Mike Adams is aging and he's a decent player, but he's nothing special. Landry is hit or miss and we just need to pray he returns to his 2012 form that he had during his stint with the Jets. This was a position that we simply couldn't afford to lose someone.

If Howell is out.. I wouldn't be upset if Grigson pulled the trigger on an other trade. The colts can be very good this year and our window of building this championship team can go into the end of next season before we must hand out some hefty contracts.

We have the money. We have two years to do it. I say go for broke and get someone in here who can make a ton of plays.

Yes I totally agree!!!!

I say we move Purifoy to safety. Solid tackler and good cover man

Then that'll allow us to carry an extra person at another position having a CB/S hybrid player

I've mentioned this before myself.  He's definitely got the size for it, and some Ed Reed characteristics when it comes to play making and ball haking.  I think safety is where they will end up with him at some point I believe

I thought so too.  Howell is not very big, nor is he real fast so I wasn't sure what Grigson saw in him. maybe he saw a solid depth guy.  I just don't understand why the position wasn't really addressed in the draft.  This position is right there with RB as being mismanaged and/or neglected

Grigson and company already explained this...there wasn't a guy available at their picks that had value when the colts were on the clock.  

Not looking good. This is how the talk was going for Bradshaw before he went down for the year. I though Adams woul start anyways but now our depth took a hit.

We can always sign someone after cuts

Or knowing Mr. Grigson trade away a big pick for someone.

Anything is possible when Mr. Grigson is your GM

Grigson and company already explained this...there wasn't a guy available at their picks that had value when the colts were on the clock.  

But don't they know they are supposed to reach for a player if it's a position of need?  I mean the draft board and player grades are nice and all but it, by no means, is as reliable as reaching for a player that is a perceived need of the fans.