Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Chappell's final 53!

BrentMc11

I did not as yet see this posted, so here goes.  Chappell is with the Colts every day covering, so some of his predictions are 'news' to me.  Take a look for yourselves :)

Fullback?  I personally like it....

Defensive backs.....HMMMM  Only Cox as a rookie?  Enjoy!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddmWx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=indianapolis-colts

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we'll all be surprised by someone we didn't expect to make the team, and by at least one guy we all did. Like Nevis last year.

Didn't Chappell say Ballard didn't look close during the OTAs? He may start on PuP, maybe Thomas too.

I did not as yet see this posted, so here goes.  Chappell is with the Colts every day covering, so some of his predictions are 'news' to me.  Take a look for yourselves :)

Fullback?  I personally like it....

Defensive backs.....HMMMM  Only Cox as a rookie?  Enjoy!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/ddmWx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=indianapolis-colts

Really Brother hes almost spot on with my own and your predictions,dont see much changing barring injuries knock on wood. :thmup:

Really Brother hes almost spot on with my own and your predictions,dont see much changing barring injuries knock on wood. :thmup:

That is one way to keep Harvey on the roster....could be an indication that two tight ends will be utilized and the fullback is short yardage only....USE the weapons Pep!

I know we'll all be surprised by someone we didn't expect to make the team, and by at least one guy we all did. Like Nevis last year.

Didn't Chappell say Ballard didn't look close during the OTAs? He may start on PuP, maybe Thomas too.

I liked Nevis but he wasn`t a fit from Paganos day 1 i was thinking.

That is one way to keep Harvey on the roster....could be an indication that two tight ends will be utilized and the fullback is short yardage only....USE the weapons Pep!

Lol would not want to be on receiving end with him as fullback. :slaphead:  :omg:

As we all know there is always a pleasant surprise or 2 ,that can change things in camp.

Exactly!!!  And 'forbid' the infamous injury bug.

That could really make the defensive back personnel change.  I guess Sheldon Price has not shown much improvement;  or as much as Grigs intimated......

Great read. There are several areas I will be watching closely.

1.) Chapman and Hughes clogging the middle. Personally, I don't see them using Jones primarily in the middle. I could see it in pass rush situations; however, I would prefer to see him man the end/ tackle spot opposite Redding. Still though, I hope that Chap and Montori look like monsters in there. I would love to see a front 3 of Redding, Chap, and Jones, with Hughes and RJF getting significant minutes in the rotation.

2.) All of our linebackers haha. Im curious to see if Newsome plays the joker role or what. It seems he lined up a bit at DE in addition to OLB. I would like to see some flashes with him, as he is an intriguing prospect. Werner sounds like he is impressing players and coaches with his progress. He was a stud at FSU, and he sounds like he has been the consummate professional. From all accounts, his approach is all business in the complex. RM just needs to keep sippin from that fountain of youth!

3.) The secondary. I think Vontae can make even more strides in his development. I an a firm believer that we really haven't seen his ceiling yet. I hope Toler stays healthy, but I'm curious to see what Qua Cox can do. He sounds like a total gamer. Maybe we could develop our own little honey-badger, only without the devastating injury. At safety, I will be pleased to see anyone step up. I like Howell's potential. He showed flashes last year. Hopefully we find a bit more consistency, and again hopefully he stays healthy. (Insert opinion here: please let Landry play in the box. His coverage is shaky, and I'd prefer to see him lay down the hammer). If Mike Adams contributes in a positive way at all, I will be thrilled.

4.) Mario Harvey v.s. Havili at FB. Should be a fun battle. I am intrigued by Harvey's potential given his athleticism and grit. He can be a mean man bulldozing people!

5.) WR's!!! This group has me very excited. I can't wait to see what Reggie, TY, and Nicks can do together. I really hope they take the leash off of Moncrief if he impresses as much at TC as he did at the minicamp. His potential has me salivating. As for DR, GW, and LB, may the best 2 men win. I look forward to a heated battle. I hope Rogers has worked as hard as the reports I have read seem to indicate.

6.) the O-Line. I think this group COULD be vastly improved. Thomas needs to keep working on his rehab. Mewhort has looked impressive and I love his grit and tenacity!!! I hope to see him contribute in a big way. I also believe that we will see a totally different Thornton. I think that he may exhibit some impressive growth (at least I'm really hoping!) lance Lewis should be solid depth. The real ? is Holmes. It's time to see what he can do.

7.) Luck's growth and development. For the first time in his pro career, he has the advantage of maintaining the same system 2 years in a row. Take the leash off and let him go wild. Great WR's and an improved line (hopefully) should equate to big things. Should be a great year!!!

Go Horseshoe!!!!!!!!!!

Great read. There are several areas I will be watching closely.

1.) Chapman and Hughes clogging the middle. Personally, I don't see them using Jones primarily in the middle. I could see it in pass rush situations; however, I would prefer to see him man the end/ tackle spot opposite Redding. Still though, I hope that Chap and Montori look like monsters in there. I would love to see a front 3 of Redding, Chap, and Jones, with Hughes and RJF getting significant minutes in the rotation.

2.) All of our linebackers haha. Im curious to see if Newsome plays the joker role or what. It seems he lined up a bit at DE in addition to OLB. I would like to see some flashes with him, as he is an intriguing prospect. Werner sounds like he is impressing players and coaches with his progress. He was a stud at FSU, and he sounds like he has been the consummate professional. From all accounts, his approach is all business in the complex. RM just needs to keep sippin from that fountain of youth!

3.) The secondary. I think Vontae can make even more strides in his development. I an a firm believer that we really haven't seen his ceiling yet. I hope Toler stays healthy, but I'm curious to see what Qua Cox can do. He sounds like a total gamer. Maybe we could develop our own little honey-badger, only without the devastating injury. At safety, I will be pleased to see anyone step up. I like Howell's potential. He showed flashes last year. Hopefully we find a bit more consistency, and again hopefully he stays healthy. (Insert opinion here: please let Landry play in the box. His coverage is shaky, and I'd prefer to see him lay down the hammer). If Mike Adams contributes in a positive way at all, I will be thrilled.

4.) Mario Harvey v.s. Havili at FB. Should be a fun battle. I am intrigued by Harvey's potential given his athleticism and grit. He can be a mean man bulldozing people!

5.) WR's!!! This group has me very excited. I can't wait to see what Reggie, TY, and Nicks can do together. I really hope they take the leash off of Moncrief if he impresses as much at TC as he did at the minicamp. His potential has me salivating. As for DR, GW, and LB, may the best 2 men win. I look forward to a heated battle. I hope Rogers has worked as hard as the reports I have read seem to indicate.

6.) the O-Line. I think this group COULD be vastly improved. Thomas needs to keep working on his rehab. Mewhort has looked impressive and I love his grit and tenacity!!! I hope to see him contribute in a big way. I also believe that we will see a totally different Thornton. I think that he may exhibit some impressive growth (at least I'm really hoping!) lance Lewis should be solid depth. The real ? is Holmes. It's time to see what he can do.

7.) Luck's growth and development. For the first time in his pro career, he has the advantage of maintaining the same system 2 years in a row. Take the leash off and let him go wild. Great WR's and an improved line (hopefully) should equate to big things. Should be a great year!!!

Go Horseshoe!!!!!!!!!!

Nice analysis!  I am in favor of the more athletic Pendleton then McKinney and his injuries too...although I wish the big fella the best  :thmup:

Nice analysis! I am in favor of the more athletic Pendleton then McKinney and his injuries too...although I wish the big fella the best :thmup:

That will be a fun one to watch. From all accounts, McKinney looked good in minicamp. Theres just no predicting injury recovery for 330+ pound men. He could be a stud. Can't wait for TC to strap em up and find out! Its nice to have options though, thats for certain!

That will be a fun one to watch. From all accounts, McKinney looked good in minicamp. Theres just no predicting injury recovery for 330+ pound men. He could be a stud. Can't wait for TC to strap em up and find out! Its nice to have options though, thats for certain!

Come on July 23rd...I am pretty stoked now!!!  :)

Yes it is.

Come on July 23rd...I am pretty stoked now!!!   :)

Lol ive been for about a month.

Ballard is not ready....that does worry me with Richardson wearing the red jersey last week as well as I believe Bradshaw.

I have said all along I think Thomas will be on PUP.  I hope I am wrong!!!

Honeymoon in scenic Anderson, Indiana!!! :thmup:

haha sounds amazing! Unfortunately, she's a Pack fan and that means we would be traveling to Wisconsin right afterward. We always keep it balanced, which is why we drove straight from the Colts Chiefs playoff game that night to Green Bay for the Packers 49'ers playoff ice bowl haha. If that's what this marriage give and take is all about though, I think I can live with it lol!!!

Personally, I love Mario Harvey. Doesn't have to do much blocking to be an upgrade on Havili due to his abilities on special teams.

I just hope his MNF intro is just "Mario Harvey, I like to hurt people".

I love that intro idea! Can we put Adongo and Landry next to him in the clip for effect?!?

I agree with most of his choices  although I think either Brandon McKinney or Zach Kerr earns a spot on the 53. if McKinney is fully recovered from the ACL or if Kerr really shows promise in training camp and preseason either one could earn a spot. If Pendleton impresses good luck to him as well.

I agree with most of his choices although I think either Brandon McKinney or Zach Kerr earns a spot on the 53. if McKinney is fully recovered from the ACL or if Kerr really shows promise in training camp and preseason either one could earn a spot. If Pendleton impresses good luck to him as well.

I'm very curious to see how Kerr looks at training camp. He had a lot of hype in his favor around the draft. If he is able to step up and impress, he could be a dark horse at the bottom of the rotation.

Also there is normally someone like Howell last year that catches everyone's eye in the pre-season and earns a job.