Adongo at 282!

Smonroe

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about the Robert Mathis suspension

Now I DEFINITELY hope Manusky gets more aggressive this season

All these versatile players, use them. During Robert's absence i expect big things from

McNary

D'Qwell Jackson

Cory Redding

Arthur Jones

Daniel Adongo

Greg Toler

Laron Landry

That would be his responsibility in a multi front defense. It's what Mathis does now.

No.  I'm saying at that size I think you could also slide him(adongo) inside as a DE in a 3-4 front if warranted(probably wouldn't be).  Or even a DT on passing downs coming out of a 4-3.  For example(just hypothetical) Mathis at DE, Adongo at DT, RJF/Werner at DT and Newsome at the other DE.

Mathis does not have enough bulk to do that in a 3-4.  I get what you're saying though.  You're saying

Mathis plays the OLB in the 3-4, and the DE in the 4-3.  

I was just thinking of scenarios out loud. 

Forgot about the Robert Mathis suspension

Now I DEFINITELY hope Manusky gets more aggressive this season

All these versatile players, use them. During Robert's absence i expect big things from

McNary

D'Qwell Jackson

Cory Redding

Arthur Jones

Daniel Adongo

Greg Toler

Laron Landry

lmao you don`t even list the best we have.

No idea why you call Landry & Toler Versatile.

lmao you don`t even list the best we have.

No idea why you call Landry & Toler Versatile.

Wasn't calling the players i listed versatile. The versatile statement was generally speaking. The list of players are people I expect to make a jump in improvement this season

And then the new guys/projects i listed I expect good things from them as well

Wich is exactly what I expect barring injuries ,is for some to step it up bigtime.

Stepping up is different than becoming a star.  The front line vets are solid and we know their ceiling - no stars except Mathis.  Vontae has the talent to be a star, and let's hope he makes it.  For you to be right you'll need a new stud to emerge at every level of the defense and supplant a vet.  Who are those 3 guys?

Stepping up is different than becoming a star.  The front line vets are solid and we know their ceiling - no stars except Mathis.  Vontae has the talent to be a star, and let's hope he makes it.  For you to be right you'll need a new stud to emerge at every level of the defense and supplant a vet.  Who are those 3 guys?

Sorry disagree with you its a team overall thing a star or 2 wont pull it off ,that's where our views differ and that's ok.

Here's the article that ignited this topic:

Colts Notebook: Adongo growing on field and off By George Bremer 05/21/2014 7:12 PM

INDIANAPOLIS — Daniel Adongo is likely to be one of the first players fans will be drawn to when they get their initial look at the 2014 Indianapolis Colts later this summer.

The former professional rugby player was asked to add bulk during the offseason to better handle the rigors of the NFL. And he did an admirable job.

Listed at 257 pounds in 2013, the budding outside linebacker said he now tips the scales at 282. And he doesn't expect the added weight to affect his playing style.

"I try and stay as athletic as I can," Adongo said Wednesday at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center. "It hasn't slowed me down (much), if at all. It's just an added advantage being able to move at this weight."

The native Kenyan's diet consisted of little more than fruit and nuts when he arrived in the United States for the first time last summer. So it wasn't difficult to add protein and increase bulk.

Adongo is hoping a crash course during the team's offseason workout sessions this spring will have a similar effect on his on-field performance.

"It's a big difference, and you can see that because I didn't have this period last year," he said. "I just went straight into training camp. As I said, I wanted to reiterate, this period for me is to work on my craft and really learn the intricate details of my position and our playbook."

He's already come a long way for a player who'd never played a snap of American football before last July.

Now he could become an intriguing darkhorse in the race to fill franchise sack-leader Robert Mathis' role for the first four games of the regular season. Mathis has said he sees a little of himself in Adongo, and the second-year defender has been a willing student.

"Robert's a great mentor and a great person, great father figure, and with what's happened, it's just an opportunity for other guys to step up and really play in that role," Adongo said. "Because what we've learned from him is priceless. A guy who's as talented as he is, with the amount of sacks he got last year, we can only just soak up what he does and just try and emulate that this year."

Sorry disagree with you its a team overall thing a star or 2 wont pull it off ,that's where our views differ and that's ok.

We don't differ about the overall team thing, but you can't be dominant without a few difference-makers.  If we could pull it off, great, but we'd be the first to do it historically.

Thats 25 pounds according to what his listed weight is on Colts.com of 257lbs....I still have a hard time believing that coaching staff told him to add that much weight, I also have a harder time believing that all that weight added is muscle in such a short amount of time....5 months.....25lbs of muscle?

From the horses mouth:

@gmbremer: Don't have it on video, but Daniel Adongo confirmed his weight is up to 282. Said he hasn't lost any speed, however. #Colts

We don't differ about the overall team thing, but you can't be dominant without a few difference-makers.  If we could pull it off, great, but we'd be the first to do it historically.

Got to disagree on that one ,who were all the so called superstars on the Dolphins championship teams as well as the Dallas no names ,and IMO  the 85 Bears ,tell me how many of those Bears are in the H.O.F as we speak ?Other than Ray Lewis who was in this catigorie with the great Raven Ds ?

I wonder if they plan on moving him to DE. He's basically the same size as JJ Watt, and from what it sounds like has the same kind of freakish athleticism. Maybe they're looking for him to become an interior pass rusher. 

THE best 3-4 DE in the NFL is a 6’5", 289 lb athletic freak named Watt. Not saying Adongo can even get close to that level, but until I see otherwise, he’s got he physical tools to make an impact. Mathis and Adongo can be the Colts version of Watt and Clowney. Watch out world! The  :colts: is going to the team to be reckoning with. 

Thats 25 pounds according to what his listed weight is on Colts.com of 257lbs....I still have a hard time believing that coaching staff told him to add that much weight, I also have a harder time believing that all that weight added is muscle in such a short amount of time....5 months.....25lbs of muscle?

Might be possible as his diet was nuts and berries when he arrived here. Also guys built like that will amaze you with how much they weigh. Muscle is so much heavier than fat. That's why when you look at BMI charts people that are heavily muscled fall into the "obese" category.

I read these forums occasionally because they're linked to on the Colts homepage.

I've made this account to make 1 post in response to some of the nonsense spouted on this thread.

The guy who said he added 43 lbs of muscle in little over a year is flat out lying. That is physically impossible. Even if you have a perfect diet, a perfect workout regimen, and take a ton of steroids, I highly doubt you'd come close to that in little over a year.

Also, I'm highly suspicious about Adongo's weight gain if it is claimed to be all muscle. Even for a complete freak of nature like him, that is probably not going to happen naturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcuhi6RaZ24 

Watch the entire video.

From the horses mouth:

@gmbremer: Don't have it on video, but Daniel Adongo confirmed his weight is up to 282. Said he hasn't lost any speed, however. #Colts

I'll buy the 282. What I don't understand is how you get to 257 and look like that on "fruit and nuts"!

Good genes, I guess.

Got to disagree on that one ,who were all the so called superstars on the Dolphins championship teams as well as the Dallas no names ,and IMO  the 85 Bears ,tell me how many of those Bears are in the H.O.F as we speak ?Other than Ray Lewis who was in this catigorie with the great Raven Ds ?

The 85 Bears were FAR from a no name defense. Just because they aren't in the HOF doesn't mean they weren't loaded with talent.

'85 Bears?  HOF - Dent, Singletary, Hampton? Add studs like Steve McMichael, Otis Wilson and Wilbur Marshall along with Duerson and Fencik on the back end.  Loaded with difference-makers.

2000 Ravens? Same thing. You need to scan that roster - it is loaded with difference-makers.  

Cowboys?  Depends on which team, and I'm not sure which one you mean, but all the Superbowl teams have been loaded on the defensive side.

Dolphins of '72 were the no names you are referring to because the offense received so much attention, and they had at least 4 pro bowlers on the defensive side.

'85 Bears?  HOF - Dent, Singletary, Hampton? Add studs like Steve McMichael, Otis Wilson and Wilbur Marshall along with Duerson and Fencik on the back end.  Loaded with difference-makers.

2000 Ravens? Same thing. You need to scan that roster - it is loaded with difference-makers.  

Cowboys?  Depends on which team, and I'm not sure which one you mean, but all the Superbowl teams have been loaded on the defensive side.

Dolphins of '72 were the no names you are referring to because the offense received so much attention, and they had at least 4 pro bowlers on the defensive side.

Well I stand corrected by the expert .Not ! Its the team not individuals,Are you saying the talent isn't here  ?I say it is if used proper.

You must crossfit...

LOL... Im actually competing this weekend in the Light Heavy Wt bodybuilding division at Charelston, SC ( jr USA).

I've been bodybuilding long enough to know that someone doesn't gain 25lbs of muscle in less than a year.

It took me three years to get around 240lbs around 14% bf off season from 226lbs. I compete at 195lbs at 5'9, 4% bf.

Bodybuilders on juice would die for 5lbs of muscle in less than a year.

Obviously the 25lbs is more fat and water than muscle.

His arms are like freaking tree trunks!

Yeah he kind of looks about the size as he did in some of his Rugby picks, jacked. Hopefully he learned a lot about the game from last ear, studied ect. From a raw physical perspective the guy seems like a freak. Hope to see him in the preseason.

5 pounds a month is easy with the proper food and lifting routine. They have access to professional help in all those areas. With very minimal fat. Some fat is not bad. He will also lose some when they hit training camp.

25lbs of muscle in 5 months is EASY with proper food and lifting routine?

It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

Even with great genetics and a good steroid cycle it would be very difficult to gain that much muscle in five months.

Even with great genetics and a good steroid cycle it would be very difficult to gain that much muscle in five months.

Before we get too wrapped up about his weight there are a couple things we really don't know - when was his original weight listed and his true weight now.

He may have been 257 when he first came over and may not officially be 282 now. Remember, that's what he told Bremmer.

We ought to be more interested if he's learned how to play football. I'm sure you know a lot of muscle bound body builders who have no mobility, athletic prowess, or who never played the game. All we know about Adongo is that he played rugby.

Well since I've probably been lifting since you were in diapers you have no idea what you're talking about. I've put 43 solid pounds on in little over a year. I do agree once you get to a certain weight it makes it a little harder.

LOL... Im actually competing this weekend in the Light Heavy Wt bodybuilding division at Charelston, SC ( jr USA).

I've been bodybuilding long enough to know that someone doesn't gain 25lbs of muscle in less than a year.

It took me three years to get around 240lbs around 14% bf off season from 226lbs. I compete at 195lbs at 5'9, 4% bf.

Bodybuilders on juice would die for 5lbs of muscle in less than a year.

Obviously the 25lbs is more fat and water than muscle.

There's always water/fat gain when bulking. Doesn't mean it's mostly NOT muscle. And congrats, I've always been a power lifter through my early years but have been doing more bodybuilding recently just for more of a healthy and aesthetic look.

Oh yeah, tell Big Ramy you can't put on 25 pounds in 5 months...

I read these forums occasionally because they're linked to on the Colts homepage.

I've made this account to make 1 post in response to some of the nonsense spouted on this thread.

The guy who said he added 43 lbs of muscle in little over a year is flat out lying. That is physically impossible. Even if you have a perfect diet, a perfect workout regimen, and take a ton of steroids, I highly doubt you'd come close to that in little over a year.

Also, I'm highly suspicious about Adongo's weight gain if it is claimed to be all muscle. Even for a complete freak of nature like him, that is probably not going to happen naturally.

Watch the entire video.

I said it and no I'm not. Trying getting off your couch and out down the mcdonalds! I was once much bigger. So not that hard to jump back up to were you was. And frankly I don't care, I walk around jacked and ripped. You're probably round or crack head skinny...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The only diabolical lie being told to women and girls is that they cannot do absolutely anything they want to do   https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7Ag5qJOsch/?igsh=MnpvY2ZxdXA3MGdv
    • Yeah, and it is obvious, but we eliminated the Knicks, so we still have made them suffer at least. Stephen A. even made a comment at halftime, saying can you please give Brown some more help so the Celtics win this thing. Doris Burke is flat out awful and so 1 sided, don't even get me started there. We had the lead down to 4 after trailing by 16 and then Haliburton got injured. We looked totally lost without him in the game, our ball movement was awful, and we were turning it over a lot after he left.    All in all, we did beat the Knicks, we made the Final 4 so the haters can still suck it no matter how this ends. The Pacers are way ahead of schedule with this core team, nobody had us making the Final 4, I MEAN NOBODY BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS STARTED and we even gave Game 1 away to Boston.    We ruined Stephen A., Molly, Big Perk, and Doris whole summer by beating the Knicks so I am good. - Homer says being the 4th best team out of 30 is damn great and I agree with my fat friend with his 3 strands of hair lol.
    • Looks like Blackmon and Cross were in the starting roles during OTAs but I think the surprise starter could be Daniel Scott at FS.   Below is Steichen talking about Scott    
    • I really don't want to see Baker Jr playing on Sundays again... It would only take one injury for him to get playing time.
    • NEW Additions:   R2 QB Preston Stone (SMU) – mobile pocket passer 2023 College Football All-AAC Team. QB Dequan Finn (Toledo) dual threat best in a spread offense with read option.  2023 College Football All-MAC Team QB Kaidon Salter (Liberty) - In 2023 after 9 weeks is ranked 3rd with an 87.0 PFF grade.  His 9.8% big time throw ranked 3rd among all FBS QBs while his 638 rushing yards are the 4th most.  2023 College Football All-CUSA Team. OT Aireontae Ersery (Minnesota) - 2023 earned college football midseason all-America Honorable Mention.  His 86.7 run-blocking grade trailed only Taliese Fuaga last season who was drafted R1P14 by the Saints.  Still inconsistent at time, Ersery has shown flashes in pass-protection only allowing one pressure on 23 pass-blocking snaps (versus OSU and Jack Sawyer/JT Tuimoloau). RG Luke Kandra (Cincinnati) – While at Louisville, Kandra was a standout guard over the last two seasons and could have been a Day 2 draft pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.  This past year at Cincinnati he earned an overall 81.9 grade (3rd) and 81.3 run-blocking grade that led all returning Power Five guards.  He placed in the 98th percentile this past season in PFF GAS metric and done well in 2022.  Kandra should thrive in a zone-blocking scheme.  Didn’t allow a sack or a hit on 160 pass-blocking snaps. RT Victor Stoffel (Cal) x’fer from Temple - 2023 PFF TOW 3 honors. After 4-5 weeks in 2023 shown dominance in the run game earning an 81.9 RB grade leadings all Group of Five tackles.  2023 College Football All-AAC Team. OC Jacob Gideon (Western Michigan) – in 2023 after 5 weeks had a 77.5 PFF grade and gave up only 1 pressure on 139 PB snaps while earning a 73.5 RB grade 2nd among Group of Five centers.  2023 College Football All-MAC Team. LG Dylan Fairchild (Georgia) – In 2023 finished with an excellent 86.8 pass-blocking grade (4th) among Power Five guards.  Also didn’t allow a sack or hit on any of those 286 snaps.  On run-blocking grade on gap runs Fairchild scored in the 90th percentile PFF GAS metric.  Great height 6’5” and 315 pounds with good 5.15s-forty speed.  2023 finished with 88% PB and 69% run blocking grades. LT Jalen Rivers Miami (FL) - 2023 College Football All-ACC Team. RT Ozzy Trapilo (BC) - 2023 College Football All-ACC Team. LT Marcus Bryant (Missouri) x’fer from SMU - 2023 College Football All-AAC Team. LG Logan Parr (SMU) - 2023 College Football All-AAC Team. RG Davion Carter (Texas Tech) x’fer from Memphis - 2023 College Football All-AAC Team. Only 6’0” LG Kurt Danneker (Baylor) x’fer from Ohio.  2023 College Football All-MAC Team. RG Addison West (Western Michigan) - 2023 College Football All-MAC Team. LG Cade Bennett (TCU) - 2023 College Football All-MWC Team while playing for San Diego State. OC CJ (Collin) James (New Mexico) - 2023 College Football All-MWC Team. RT Luke Felix-Fualalo (Hawaii) - 2023 College Football All-MWC Team. OC Jacob Bayer (Arkansas State) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team. RB Ismail Mahdi (Texas State) junior – 2023 PFF TOW 4 honors. After 6 games had 9 KO RET for 280 yards averaging 31.1 yards and currently ranked 5th as a KR.  In 2023 rushed for 1331 yards on 223 carriers averaging 6.0 with 10 TDs.  Also proven back that can catch averaging 260 yards a season on 25 catches. RB Peny Boone (UCF) – x’fer from Toledo. MAC leading rusher in 2023 with 194 carries for 1400 yards and 15 TDs.  2023 College Football All-MAC Team. RB Quinton Cooley (Wake Forest) x’fer from Liberty - 2023 College Football All-CUSA Team.  Smaller RB 5’7” in 2023 rushed 221 times for 1401 yards (6.3 avg) and scored 16 TDs. RB-KR Jacquez Stuart (Toledo) - 2023 College Football All-MAC Team.  In 2023 Stuart returned 21 kick-offs for 582 yards (27.7 avg) with 1 TD.  Smaller size RB only 5’9” 178 pounds. WR Jalen Royals (Utah St) – No stats in 2022 but in 2023 hauled in 71 catches for 1080 yards and 15 TDs.  2023 College Football All-MWC Team. WR-PR LaJohntay Wester (or Webster?) (Florida Atlantic) - 2023 College Football All-AAC Team not only as a WR but also as a punt return specialist. 2022 PFF TOW 0 honors, 2023 TOW 10 honors.  5’11” 167 pounds also been used as an option RB.  In 2023, Wester returned 14 punts for 278 yards (19.86 avg – much better than in 2022 only had a 9.71 avg and 6.79 avg in 2021) with 1 TD. WR Kris Mitchell (ND) x’fer from FAU. 2023 College Football All-CUSA Team.  Only five players caught more deep targets than Mitchell in 2023 and four were drafted in 2024. WR-KR Jayden Harrison (ND) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team with Marshall as a kick-off specialist.  In 2023 accumulated 705 yards on 23 returns (30.65 avg) with 2 TDs.  During spring practice Harrison sprained his plantar fascia in his left foot.  5’11” 198 pounds.  Not much of a WR and imagine only make the final roster for special teams. WR-X Noah Thomas (Texas A&M) WR Kelly Akharaiyi (Mississippi St) x’fer from UTEP.  2023 College Football All-CUSA Team WR Gage Larvadain (South Carolina) x’fer from Miami (OH).  2023 College Football All-MAC Team.  Only 5’10” 165 pounds. TE Benjamin Yurosek (Georgia) – 2023 PFF TOW 1 honors caught 9-11 passes for 138 yards.  Displayed athletic ability making several tough catches.   In 2022 had a receiving grade at Stanford 79.9 to 65.5 and missed the final six games in 2023 with a shoulder injury.  As a sophomore in 2021, Yurosek was named PFF first-team All-Pac 12 honoree and ranked 4th among Power Five TEs with 335 YAC.  Only three other CFB TEs have racked up more receiving yards than Yurosek (Brock Bowers, Michael Mayer, and Dalton Kincaid).  Carson Beck just found his new best receiving target for 2024. TE Caden Prieskorn (Mississippi) – Started 2023 with a knee injury missing the first three games.  A Memphis transfer, Prieskorn 449 receiving yards were 9th most among all CFB TEs.  His 1051 receiving yards and 527 YAC since 2022 both rank fourth.  Had a career day versus PSU catching 10 of his 11 targets for 136 yards and 2 TDs.  75% hands, 77% short receiving, 84% intermediate routes, 74% deep threat, 60% blocking. TE Harold Fannin Jr. (Bowling Green) – 2023 after 10 weeks has an 81.5 grade.  His 241 yards after catch are 4th most among all TEs in college football only Brock Bowers averages more yards per route run.  Tweener weight only 230.  2023 College Football All-MAC Team. Edge Caiden Woullard (Oklahoma) - 2023 College Football All-MAC Team while playing for Miami, OH. NT Howard Cross III (ND) only 6’0 280lbs but having a breakout year after 5 weeks with a 90.7 overall grade with an 86.5 run-defense grade and a 90.3 pass-rush grade.  His 20 pressures are tied for second while his 16 run-defense stops are tied for third.  2023 midseason all-America First Team.  In 2023 Cross finished with the third-best overall PFF grade (90.1) and third-best pass-rushing grade (89.8) among FB IDLs.   His 29 run-defense stops tied for second among all IDLs in 2023.  For comparison see NT Michael Pierce (Ravens) 6’0 but 355 pounds does well at 6’ tall, but the Ravens does use a 3-4 base.  NT DJ Jones (Broncos) is another 6’ 305-pound player on a 3-4 base.  Grady Jarrett (Falcons) another solid comparison where the Falcons also use a 3-4 base.  Earned All-American Honors 2023.  Made 2023 PFF College All-Second Team.  Edge Elijah Roberts (SMU) - 2023 College Football All-AAC Team. Roberts had a stellar 2023 with 37 TOT (21 solo/16 AST), 9.5 sacks, 2 *, and 2 PDs. DT-3T Thor Griffith (Harvard) - 2023 College Football FCS All-America Team.  In 2023 had 55 TOT (25 solo/30 AST) with 3.5 sacks, and 1 FF. DT James Carpenter (Indiana) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team with James Madison.  From 2022-2023 averaged 52.5 TOT with 9.5 combined sacks, (2023 had 1 FF and 2 FR).  6’2” 282 pounds. Edge Aaron Lewis (Rutgers) - 2022 PFF Weeks 6 and 12 honors.  A disappointing 2023 season compared to 2022 grading 10 points lower.  (75.9 in 2023 compared to 85.5 in 2022).  Poor run-defense grade of 59.8 but was still an elite pass rusher.  His 91.5 pass-rushing grade since 2022 ranks 10th among all FBS edge defenders and his 18.7% pass-rush win rate places 11th in Power Five.  Needs to improve his run game. NT/DT Aeneas Peebles (Duke) - 2023 College Football All-ACC Team. R4 NT/DT Bear Alexander (USC) - 2023 College Football All-Pac-12 Team. R7-UDFA NT/DT Marcus Harris (Auburn) – 2023 PFF TOW 5 honors. 2023 College Football All-SEC Team. DT Darius Alexander (Toledo) -2023 College Football All-MAC Team. DT CJ West (Indiana) – 2023 PFF TOW 5 honors. 2023 College Football All-MAC Team while playing for Toledo. DT Payton Zdroik (Air Force) - 2023 College Football All-MWC Team. NT Gavin Meyer (USC) - 2023 College Football All-MWC Team while playing for Wyoming. DT Adin Huntington (Tulane) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team with Louisiana-Monroe.  Huntington dominated in 2023 with 62 TOT (28 solo and 34 AST), 8.5 sacks, 3 * and 2 PDs.  Small size only 6’1” 281 pounds. LB Ozzie Nicholas (Duke) - 2023 College Football FCS All-America Team playing for Princeton.  Nicholas racked up 102 TOT (48 solo/54 AST), 4.5 sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR, and 3 PDs in 2023. LB Jaishawn Barham (Maryland) – In 2022 as a true freshman for Michigan, Barham placed 5th among Power Five LBs with an 83.1 PFF coverage grade and 7th-most valuable LB in the country.  Injuries limited his time as a sophomore and only posted a 44.7 PFF coverage grade in 2023.  Barham looks to rebound after transferring to Maryland for 2024 season. R5 LB/SAF CJ Taylor (Vanderbilt) – 6’1” 201 pounds. Taylor spent 55% of his snaps near the DLOS and in the box in 2023.  In 2022 he was 3rd among SEC safeties with an 84.9 PFF coverage grade, while his 10 pressures ranked 1st.  In 2023 he was third among all LBs in the conference with a 61.8 passer rating allowed.  Miss some game time due to a leg injury.  Reminds me of Jaylon Carlies whom the Colts just drafted in Round 5P151.  Carlies is currently listed as 3rd string MLB. R5 ILB Jamon Dumas-Johnson (Kentucky) – (Georgia 3-4 ILB) Over the past two years at Georgia, Dumas-Johnson’s 80.2 PFF run-defense grade leads all SEC LBs.  He is 5th in same group with a 24.2% pressure rate (2022 was 26.7% good for 2nd best in the SEC).  See how he does now that he transferred to Kentucky after an injury shortened season in 2023 with a fractured forearm. LB Jeffrey Bassa (Oregon) – In 2023 Bassa was one of the most improved played in CFB.  After posting just a 45.2 PFF grades in his first two seasons he posted an improved 76.9 mark.  Bassa improved his coverage grade in 2023 to 76.7 according to PFF, more than 25 points higher than previously. LB Carson Bruener (Washington) – Since 2022 Bruener has excelled earning a 84.3 coverage grade, second among Power Five LBs (Jay Higgins #1).  Stock should increase with Edefuan Ulofoshio gone. LB D’Eryk Jackson (Kentucky) - 2023 College Football All-SEC Team. LB Ahmad Walker (SMU) - 2023 College Football All-AAC Team.  Small size 5’11” CB Jaidyn Denis (Memphis) - 2023 College Football FCS All-America Team playing for Elon.  In 2023 Denis had 30 TOT (19 solo/11 AST), 1 sack, 2 FF, 1 FR, 3 INTs, and 7 PDs.  Got ideal height 6’2” and 191 pounds. SS Kaleb Culp (Texas State) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team.  From 2022-2023 averaged 81 TOTs.  (2022-1/2 sack and 2 FF) (2023 had 4 FR) with 4-5 PDs in those same years. SAF Xavier Watts (ND) – Watts won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy in 2023 as the best defensive player in CFB.  Watts led the FBS with 7 INTs last season and didn’t allow a touchdown into his coverage.  His 37.8 passer rating allowed in 2023 was the eight-best mark by a Power Five safety.  Watts still needs to improve his tackling, especially in the run game as he posted only a 62.5 PFF run-defense grade in 2023.  Missing 18% of his tackle attempts, yikes. FS Akili Arnold (USC) - 2023 College Football All-Pac-12 Team.  Oregon State transfer.  Overall PFF 79.9 grade.  In coverage had an 85.7 grade with opposing receiver catching 54% of passes (19-of-35) for 177 yards.  Missing only 6 tackles in 664 snaps. Rover/LB-SAF Justin Barron (Syracuse) - 2023 College Football All-ACC Team.  Defensive Captain. 6’4” 231 pounds had 0.5 sacks, 3 *, 1 FR, 1 INT, and 8 PDs in 2023. CB Shavon Revel (East Carolina) – 2023 PFF TOW 7 honors.  2023 College Football All-AAC Team.  In 2023 had 55 TOT (30 solo/25 AST) 1 sack, 1 FR, 1 INT, and 6 PDs.  CB Jordan Oladokun (Bowling Green) – last year Quinyon Mitchell made a name for himself, and Oladokun flashed his potential in 2022 with 8 PBUs.  In 2023 he had 4 INTs (one against JJ McCarthy) and 6 PBUs and has shown he can shut down opponents.  2023 College Football All-MAC Team. FS Jaden Voisin (South Alabama) - 2022 PFF TOW 12 honors. 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team.  In 2023 Vosin racked up 71 tackles, 2.5 TFLs, 4 INTs, 7 PBUs and 1 FF. SS Shawn Asbury II (Indiana) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team with Old Dominion.  Asbury had 95 TOT (39 solo/56 AST) with 1 INT and 4 PDs in 2023.  Small size 5’9” 192 pounds. CB/SAF Caleb Ransaw (Tulane) - 2023 College Football All-Sun Belt Team with Troy. CB/WR Travis Hunter (Colorado) – 2023 PFF TOW 1 and 9 honors. Hunter was Colorado’s top CB while adding 721 receiving yards (2) on the team.  In nine games accounted for 1044 snaps, most by any players in CFB.  Routinely matched up against opponent’s best he still impresses with 3 INTs (2nd) among PAC-12 CBs. R6 CB Dorian Strong (Virginia Tech) – 2023 PFF TOW 11 honors. In 2023 Strong led all FBS CBs in completion rate allowed (27.3%) and yards allowed per coverage snap (0.24) while ranking second in passer rating allowed (11.8).  Got excellent mirroring ability with great footwork.  6’0” 180 pounds with decent 4.42s-forty speed.  68% tackling, 66% run defense, 79% coverage, 71% zone, and 77% man/press grades in 2023. CB Denzel Burke (OSU) – In 2023 Burke allowed a catch on only 19.1% of his targets in single coverage (8th) best among FBS CBs.  On 21 targets in single coverage, he made more plays on the ball (6 combined INTS and forced incompletions) than he allowed catches (5). R5 FS Aubrey Burks (West Virginia) – Burks has quietly been one of the best Power Five safeties over the last couple of seasons earning a PFF overall grade 90.2 (2) and coverage 90.3 (1).  His 22 coverage stops in that span is third among all Power Five Safeties.  He still needs to improve as a tackler.  2023 PFF TOW 10 honors. Tell it was a boring time during Covid when I originally put a lot of this listing together and have continued to add more each year and follow-up.  Will be interesting to follow-up on players that have transferred with great upside to boost their draft stock from D1 programs.    
  • Members

• Dunk

Dunk 1,398

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,448

• krunk

krunk 8,377

• ColtsGermany

ColtsGermany 1,010

• Nadine

Nadine 8,153

Administrators